Hydaelyn Role-Players
Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) (/showthread.php?tid=9323)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Kage - 11-01-2015

[Image: 2015-10-23.jpg]

Example of the chicken I talked about earlier!

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Steel Wolf - 11-02-2015

So I made a thing.

[Image: CS0rTGsWIAAy37o.jpg:large]

It's a chip butty with curry sauce. A Welsh comfort food. First-ever time making UK-style fries. I sort of overdid them a bit, but the whole thing turned out REALLY tasty. I'm gonna adjust a few things for the next time and get the chips right, but overall very pleased with the results. I managed to give my husband a little taste of home, which was very important to me. <3

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Kage - 11-16-2015

I didn't make these.

I ate them.

AND THEY WERE ALL SUPER DELICIOUS.

First though, a couple easter eggs.
[Image: tumblr_nxua0mMyVJ1qhf2lso1_1280.jpg][Image: tumblr_nxua0mMyVJ1qhf2lso2_1280.jpg]

Black Mission Fig Sticky Toffee Pudding
[Image: tumblr_nxu9z5jge11qhf2lso1_1280.jpg]

Tres Leches chocolate, almond streussel, caramel panna cotta.
[Image: tumblr_nxu9z5jge11qhf2lso2_1280.jpg]

Grilled Striped Bass, Black Rice, Ginger & Lemongrass Broth, Pomelo,
Toasted Cashews, Fresh Chopped Coconut, Mint
[Image: tumblr_nxu9z5jge11qhf2lso4_1280.jpg]

Fried Chicken
[Image: tumblr_nxu9z5jge11qhf2lso5_1280.jpg]

Mark’s New School Chile Verde Pork Tamales, Creamy Avocado Salsa, Shredded Escabeche Carrots, Pickled Red Onion, Queso Fresco, Cilantro
[Image: tumblr_nxu9z5jge11qhf2lso6_1280.jpg]

Kurobuta Pork Belly Steam Bun, Guacamole, Radish
[Image: tumblr_nxu9z5jge11qhf2lso7_1280.jpg]

Someone else has the pictures of the seared scallop crudo and the lamb fried rice. I don't like raw meat/seafood or Lamb. Both make me want to gag.

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Unnamed Mercenary - 11-16-2015

Kage is a heathen. Here're the other two things.

[Image: AguxVeP.jpg]

[Image: eZJlI4a.jpg]

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Oroban - 11-16-2015

I just spent four hours making homemade cooked salsa. Once it chills I'll give it a proper tasting, and if it's good, I'll share with you good folks~

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Kage - 11-16-2015

(11-16-2015, 06:37 PM)Oroban Wrote: I just spent four hours making homemade cooked salsa. Once it chills I'll give it a proper tasting, and if it's good, I'll share with you good folks~
Interesting, cooked?

I have a recipe somewhere.

Uses jalapenos and cascabella peppers or banana peppers.

Spicy as allll get out. Lots of tomatos, I think I remember a small bit of canned tomato, cilantro, green onions and a tiny bit of white onion.

-griffin squawk-
(11-16-2015, 06:27 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Kage is a heathen. Here're the other two things.

EXCUSE.
noun. a person who does not belong to a widely held religion (especially one who is not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim) as regarded by those who do.

... oh well, yeah that is true.

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Oroban - 11-16-2015

(11-16-2015, 06:46 PM)Kage Wrote:
(11-16-2015, 06:37 PM)Oroban Wrote: I just spent four hours making homemade cooked salsa. Once it chills I'll give it a proper tasting, and if it's good, I'll share with you good folks~
Interesting, cooked?

I have a recipe somewhere.

Uses jalapenos and cascabella peppers or banana peppers.

Spicy as allll get out. Lots of tomatos, I think I remember a small bit of canned tomato, cilantro, green onions and a tiny bit of white onion.

-griffin squawk-
(11-16-2015, 06:27 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Kage is a heathen. Here're the other two things.

EXCUSE.
noun. a person who does not belong to a widely held religion (especially one who is not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim) as regarded by those who do.

... oh well, yeah that is true.
Mhm. The onions and garlic were sauteed, and the tomatoes were all blanched, peeled, and then roasted for an hour to make the flavor richer. It's a puree style salsa, rather than a chunky/pico de gallo style.

Sounds like part of what we did for this recipe. We'd blend it a bit.

I -personally- like some tomato chunks with the puree (one of the few places I like raw tomatoes are in pico de gallo / salsas) so I chop extra tomatoes than the recipe calls for so I can add them in.

I don't know if you can see it...
There's this glad ware box of my salsa on the beach while a few of us played MtG
[Image: 620342_2271985135714_96521777_o.jpg]

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Swashbuckler - 11-16-2015

You people are terrible, and this thread is terrible. Tongue I just had lunch and I am already hungry looking through all of this.

Here, have some of this:

[Image: tumblr_ngmlahska11qgzttro1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_nxxpbwTSb71qhf2lso1_1280.jpg]
Clams and corn on the cob

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Kage - 11-17-2015

Some oldies
[Image: tumblr_nxxkt1dAhj1qhf2lso2_500.jpg][Image: tumblr_nxxkt1dAhj1qhf2lso1_500.jpg]

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Kage - 11-18-2015

THAT MOMENT WHEN THE MENU WAS ACTUALLY CHANGED WITHIN 5 DAYS T_T
I want to try the bolded things. Or I know I want to eat them.

Dinner Menu
11/17/15
updated by 3pm daily

first
Jan Enters The Arena With A Steam Bun Challenge 8 to be a judge
4ea tried & true. pork belly steam bun, forever unchanged

Tostones & Charred Avocado, Garlic & Cilantro Mojo, Orange Supremes, Burnt Sweet Onions vegan

Pepinos & Pepitas, Avocado Mousse, Tajín, Radish, Crispy Tortilla vegan

Brussels Sprouts Caesar, Jalapeño Dressing, Cotija, Tortilla, Cornbread Crumble, Radish

Charred Cauliflower, Housemade Lamb Bacon, Dried Apricots, Garlic Chips, Mint Vin

Braided Brioche, Spiced Beet Compote, Pickled Apples, Pickled Apples, Maple Butter, Lemony Cress

Butternut Squash Nasi Goreng, Baby Carrots, Kecap Manis, Slow Egg, Scallion, Cilantro, Lime

Hillary’s Orecchiette, Charred Pickled Ramps, Broccoli Hearts, Burrata, Pine Nuts, Calabrian Chile Puree

Albacore Poisson Cru, Coconut Water Ice, Spicy Coconut Jam, Lime Pickled Hearts Of Palm, Fresno Chile, Mango, Cucumber

Grilled & Chilled Wagyu Picanha Salad, Butter Lettuce, Yuzu & Seka Hills Olive Oil Dressing, Compressed Persimmons, Blood Orange, Cilantro, Radish

second
Uncle Lou’s Fried Chicken
the one item you can’t send back. if you don’t know what you’re getting yourself into, get something else
four or eight pieces, drums & thighs

Roasted Tokyo Turnips & Sunchokes, Cauliflower Cream, Plumped Sultanas, Hazelnuts, Chino Watercress vegan

Manila Clams, Jan’s Kimchi Broth, Butterkin Squash, Steam Bun Croutons, Scallion, Lemon

Pan Roasted Wild Mushrooms, Goat Cheese Cream, Fried Acorn Squash, Hazelnuts, Dried Cranberry, Crispy Sage

Hillary’s Mac n’ Cheese With Wagyu Hangar & Fontina,
Lemon & Horseradish Pangrattato, Roasted Garlic Cloves

Agave Brined Scallops, New School Masa, Guajillo Puree, Orange & Cilantro Salsa, Charred Sunflower Seeds

Brunette Downs Grass Fed Braised Beef Cheek, Brown Butter Toasted Farro, Kabocha Squash Puree, Shaved Apple, Pecan, Rocket, Jus

Maple Glazed Pork Chop

after
Passion Fruit & Guava Sorbet

Hazelnut Cake, Orange Blossom Tea, Toasted Coconut, Pineapple Ice Cream

Black Mission Fig Sticky Toffee Pudding

Tres Leches, Chocolate Cake, Almond Streusel, Dulce de Leche Panna Cotta

Yuzu Cake, Ginger Snap, White Chocolate Ice Cream

Black Sesame Churros, Kaya, Banana Cream, Coconut Sorbet, Mint

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Kage - 11-19-2015

[Image: MvM6jmx.jpg]
Charred Cauliflower, Housemade Lamb Bacon, Dried Apricots, Garlic Chips, Mint Vin

We ate the wagyu picanha salad before I remembered to take a picture. It was so fucking good.

[Image: oD9wNf4.jpg]
Manila Clams, Jan’s Kimchi Broth, Butterkin Squash, Steam Bun Croutons, Scallion, Lemon

[Image: YbHDd3p.jpg]
Roasted Tokyo Turnips & Sunchokes, Cauliflower Cream, Plumped Sultanas, Hazelnuts, Chino Watercress

[Image: JecxEa4.jpg]
Hillary’s Mac n’ Cheese With Wagyu Hangar & Fontina,
Lemon & Horseradish Pangrattato, Roasted Garlic Cloves

[Image: vs1AJoa.jpg]
Yuzu Cake, Ginger Snap, White Chocolate Ice Cream

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Steel Wolf - 11-20-2015

Okay, so I made this really tasty recipe I found. Had to share it.

Note: I replaced the chicken with some pork loin that I had, added some frozen peas and eyeballed the seasonings. Still turned out delicious. I just adore single-skillet meals.

Recipe follows, taken from Chew Out Loud.

MEXICAN RICE WITH CHICKEN AND SHRIMP

INGREDIENTS
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp table salt
1½ tsp paprika
1 tsp granulated sugar
1 tsp chicken bouillon powder (or crushed cube)
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp cumin
2 TB olive oil
1 onion, chopped
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
2 cups long grain rice
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with juices
4 cups (32 oz) hot chicken broth
1 green and 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
1½ cups peeled, deveined large shrimp

DIRECTIONS
In a small bowl, combine first 9 ingredients to make seasoning mix. Use fork to whisk seasoning mix well and set aside.
Heat oil in large heavy pan or pot. Add onions and chicken, cooking just until chicken is partly cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
Add rice and stir well. Add entire small bowl of seasoning mix, stirring well.
Add tomatoes with juices and chicken stock. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, keeping lid tightly closed (no peeking.)
Add in diced peppers and shrimp, stirring into the rice mixture (if necessary, add a bit of water.) Cover and simmer another 5 minutes, or until shrimp just turns opaque. Liquid should be pretty much absorbed by rice.
Serve warm, and garnish with cilantro.

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Kage - 11-24-2015

[Image: tumblr_nyay3cFpvr1qhf2lso1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nyay3cFpvr1qhf2lso2_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nyay3cFpvr1qhf2lso3_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nyay3cFpvr1qhf2lso4_1280.jpg]