Hydaelyn Role-Players
In Need of the Written Word? [Open, Connections, OOC Comments Welcome] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: In Need of the Written Word? [Open, Connections, OOC Comments Welcome] (/showthread.php?tid=9337)

In Need of the Written Word? [Open, Connections, OOC Comments Welcome] - Dasair - 12-19-2014

Traveling along the streets of various cities, settlements, and lands is a.. notable 'gentleman'.  An Elezen with an uncertain clan by appearance (his deep brown skin with short, messy dirty-blonde hair hiding beneath a wide brimmed hat, and blue eyes make it anyone's guess whether he is a Duskwight or a Wildwood), wanders about with written notice and verbal message alike.  He gives the friendly disposition of what might a 'toned down bard' would, wearing clothing somewhat fancy, but practical, as he'd vehemently insist.. or maybe just to someone with an over-fondness of well-tailored, durable vests and numerous, copious pockets.  Bright reds and earthy browns abound in his aesthetic choices, as do several well-smithed daggers hidden along his belts in leather sheathes.  

However, he seems friendly enough.  Smiling and speaking loud and clear to those who come to listen to him, he treats everyone with a lively cadence; on close inspection, it appears that he's wearing something beneath his wide-brimmed hat which partially covers his ears.. but to any replies he gets, he seems to hear them just fine.

"Greetings have you, fair folks of all sorts~  I am here to share the knowledge and resource of my employer, a highly skilled Scribe, willing to write up any tale, letter, tome, document, will, writ or more you may seek to have down upon page~  The extent of his services span about any sort of literary possibility that comes to mind, from mere letters and notices, to signage for merchantry.  What's more, he creates tomes and books of all sorts, binding the pages by his own hand to your wishes, should a book of your deeds or findings be something you seek require~  Or even custom grimoires fit for novices to masters of Arcanima may be made or mended upon request. He is quite apt at taking anything down word for word, or transcribing what you say and 'writing for a different audience', should you desire~  And beyond all that, he can scribe in any number of penmanship styles or likenesses, down to its exactness~  Should you find want of such service, speak with me to set up a meetin' may you prefer word of mouth, or take a request to fill and send it away by post, so he will reply to you in letter. If ya like the more personal approach, you can find the man himself, at ward 3, plot 10 in the Mist, working at the Eagle and Quill bookstore~  Thank ya kindly for your ears!"    

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: In Need of the Written Word? [Open, Connections, OOC Comments Welcome] - Xydane - 12-19-2014

Somewhere in The Black Shroud...

Another well mannered Elezen dressed in traveling attire approaches The Crier with an earnest disposition. He gently bows - a slow and graceful sort, before reaching inside an average sized woolen bag and handing The Crier what seems to be a small folded letter.

"Ah, I do believe things happen for good reason. I have been told to deliver this letter to your employer when word had reached Coerthas. I think he will find the proposition quite... interesting. You have yourself a peaceful evening."

With that said, the mysterious Elezen bows once more and turns to disappear into the quiet woods as unexpected as he appeared.

The contents of the letter:

"To whom it may concern,

"The Unceasing" has heard word of your offer and is greatly interested in your work. Marcus Vale invites you to the lands of Coerthas and the territories of Ishgard to spend a day with "The Vale Brothers." Lodging and cuisine will be provided the start and end of the day.

You will not be disappointed.

- Marcus V."

((Hoping to RP the scene via forum as I will not be back in FFXIV until Feb. Many thanks!))

RE: In Need of the Written Word? [Open, Connections, OOC Comments Welcome] - Dasair - 12-20-2014

Somewhere in the Black Shroud...

The Crier turns with a grin to the approaching Elezen, and dips his head in return when bowed to.  Listening politely to the man, the letter is taken between the Crier's fingers, and he only speaks when his brief company is through.

"Ah, that they may~ I will certainly relay the sentiments by mouth and word, sir."  
The letter is given a gentle wave, as though that were somehow assuring.  
"Thank you, and peace be to your evening as well~"

Another head bow is exchanged for the more courtly one of his company, before the Crier watches the mysterious man away into the woods.  When he is out of sight, and relatively out of earshot, the Crier thoughtfully eyes the letter.  The ever curious dilemma of, well, being ever curious.  What could it say...?

But no, the Mystrifes don't hire him for snooping.  They'd find out if he were snooping.  Instead, he tucks the letter safely away in just the pocket meant for keeping letters uncrinkled, (they are practical, you know) before seeing to its soon delivery to his employer.

(( Certainly!  Forum RP is perfectly fine.  I'll send a PM your way soon, unless you wanted to start a thread somewhere yourself, to which I'll just jump on it.  Thanks for the interest!))

RE: In Need of the Written Word? [Open, Connections, OOC Comments Welcome] - Dasair - 01-13-2015

Show Content