Hydaelyn Role-Players
Friendly Greetings - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Friendly Greetings (/showthread.php?tid=946)

Friendly Greetings - Niteshade_Rune - 01-16-2011

Friendly Greetings to everyone. Thought I'd stop in and pass along a hello to all here.

Re: Friendly Greetings - Eternal Darkness - 01-16-2011

Thank you, and many welcomes to you as well. Are you going to be joining our community, or just passing through?

Re: Friendly Greetings - Niteshade_Rune - 01-16-2011

Well my curious nature brought me by to check things out. Though I noticed all the linkshells listed here are all on one server, which of course isnt the server I'm on o.o
Dont suppose anyone around here is located on the Figaro Server?

If i hadnt done so much of the various crafting, and resource gathering Id likely be open to a move to a different world server but I've sorta established a bit of personal work on Figaro. I just haven't seen alot of player interaction the past week or so I've been logging in, unless I'm just missing the busy spots(which is a possibility) but I'll keep looking around. This does seem like a nice site also so I plan on checking it out a bit more.

edit: If there was only a world transfer option, im starting to get the feeling Besaid seems still seems to have a healthy population. I really only chose figaro during beta because it comes from one of my top favorite FF's *sigh*

Yeah, Besaid is the unofficial official Role Playing server. We have a back up server for when Besaid got full, which was the first month after launch. I think the back up, or roll over, server is Lindblum. I maybe wrong. So far I've only noticed one active member on the RPC who plays on that server.

Ah I'm starting to gather that. Damn. Wish i had gotten that memo back at launch lol. If i restarted now Id lose all the bell gift items ive been stocking up to make 3 sets of dream clothes and 1 black usagi kabuto. plus the hrs i put into my local leves lol.
But it is very tempting seeing that there seems to be a good community on Besaid plus it being an unofficial RP server. .. sooo tempting. Just hate losing all my resources i worked for heh

Well, you don't have to abandon your character. Seeing as the game is still free to play with no idea of when they'll start charging us, open up another character slot and make a new one on Besaid. Most of us juggle more than one character. I myself have three but I lost interest in the other two. It might be an avenue for you to explore while it's free, just to check out the community.

Have actually done just that. It wouldnt be the first time I've re rolled and redone work on a character, have a histroy of that in other games as well with another stretch of re rolls planned in a month or so elsewhere. I think the main thing is losing the items i acquired from the holiday/seasonal events. I greatly had hoped to gather and make a few sets of the dream gear . I still have a chance at acquiring the black usagi helm.. correction maybe not. Plus being rare/limited items it'd cost me an arm and a leg to track them down and purchase them through the markets.. ah what a dilemma.
Server listing still showed Figaro has having a high pop yet i barely see any or much social interaction amongst players. tis a shame.

I'm sure I've seen the usagi helms in the wards, but I"m not sure if you can sell them? I've got two red ones. As far as social interaction and having a populated server, Roll Playing servers are a different breed from your typical game servers. Other servers are all about playing the game and being the best and, to some extent, competition against other Linkshell's. Roll playing servers are more of a divided yet drawn together group always seeking to make new friends. And most of of are friendly. There are some that bite... Meta Gods.

Ive seen the usagi helms and the dream attire for sale in the wards on both the Figaro server and here on Besaid(just checked shortly ago) pricing seems about the same. The dream gear wont be hard to snatch up. it'll be the black usagi helm that will be a tough one.
I play on Antonia Bayle on EQ2 and generally try to shift toward the RP servers if there are any in the games i play. I'm part of an RP Clan elsewhere so I'm familiar with alot of that, as well as the meta types. Ive always, RP server or not played my games to have fun, explore, etc. Best isnt really important for me, in gear or stats. I'll play the way that is most appealing to me, make, find and wear the gear that fits me, better stats or not lol. Ive already seen some interaction here on Besaid. So depending on how much coin i can work up myself to see about replacing the event items I'll be leaving behind on Figaro I may just consider a permanent relocation.

Much appreciated on the very quick and frequent responses as well

Working toward a permanent move - Niteshade_Rune - 01-17-2011

Well Ive been working a bit through the day toward raising my skills once again and re-acquiring my funds and stock from the other server as well as the event items i need to purchase to complete my move. Little by little, now to see if i can manage all of them before they are all sold out hah.
Ive already seen enough intereaction and chitchat on the server to be mostly convinced it will be a good home.