Hydaelyn Role-Players
Kurt S and others - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Kurt S and others (/showthread.php?tid=9494)

Pages: 1 2

Kurt S and others - Kurt S. - 01-01-2015

BASIC INFO
Characters: Kurt Steel, Nah Amariyo
Primary Character: Kurt Steel
Linkshells:
Primary RP Linkshell:

RP STYLE
Amount of RP (Light, Medium, Heavy):
Heavy, I'm in character almost all the damned time. I'll adhere to the lore whenever possible and try to be plausible with grey areas at least. 

Views on RP Combat and Injuries:
I guess if it makes sense then there really isn't much to it. If Kurt gets hit, he gets hit and carries that until someone patches him up. If he dies, then I guess he'll never be IC again. I'm not in the business of BSing my way out of a fight.

That said I'm none too keen on fights that rely solely on system rolls, specifically when there is a huge rift between the skill levels of the fighters. Beginner's luck only goes so far before you start wondering why a master of sword and board lost to someone who just seconds ago picked up a sword and board for the first time in their whole lives.

Of course, you could dragon ball it in a competition and say 'I was only fighting at 20% of my power level.' But when it comes to life or death fights yeah, I'm none too keen on this system.

Views on IC Romance:
*I'm not against it. If it happens then it happens and I will play the character the way I think they'd handle the romance. Though I would appreciate it to grow naturally rather than get told what to do and why and where and when.

Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc.):
*Ah I guess I view and conduct it the same way I would a romance or any relationship. It isn't completely controlling what they do rather it adheres to my characters' PoV's and I just puppet them in that direction.

Views on lore:
*I make it a point to keep to whatever lore is presented though there are cases where I have disregarded parts of it. *ehem*fantasia*ehem* Still if it's a gray area I'd do what I can to make something plausible with the concept swimming in my head.

Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
*Usually I'm IC on say and OOC whenever I'm in a tell with someone or party chat or whatever designated OOC channel there is. I do like the /emote function because it at least allows me to narrate what I can't pull out of the emote list in game. I guess each channel has its uses.

OTHER INFO
Timezone:
GMT+8(Willing to sacrifice sleep for RP)
Contact Info:
I've got skype if you like, just ask.

RE: Kurt S and others - Kurt S. - 01-10-2015

Agendas: 

-Rush Keil to 15 and open up the three city states. Since there's little to no RP in Gridania.

-Bring Kurt to level 50 and 2nd Lt.

-Level Alicen.

So starting now, I'm more likely to be on Keil and least likely on Alicen.

Simply shoot a tell to Keil if you want *character* online for reasons.

RE: Kurt S and others - Kurt S. - 01-20-2015

Well life's starting to hit me again so I'll post a list of times that I'm on for uhh anyone interested.

I'll try to convert it all to EST.

Sunday- Any time before 11am or 11pm onward!
Monday- 6 to 9pm!
Tuesday- 11pm onward!
Wednesday- 2am onward!
Thursday- 6 to 9pm!
Friday- 2am onward!
Sat- Whole day give or take!

I swear to god I converted those right but hey here's the GMT+8 times:
Monday- Any time after 12 noon.
Tuesday- Any time before 10:30am or after 3pm.
Wednesday - Any time after 12 noon
Thursday- Any time after 3pm.
Friday - Any time before 10:30am or after 3pm.
Saturday and Sunday - Any time. 

Of course I could try to stretch my times, just send me a PM here and I'll see what I can do. Need me to go to your 4pm wedding? No problem! I can wake up 4 in the morning to prep Kurt/Ali/Keil for it!

RE: Kurt S and others - Kurt S. - 04-07-2015

I'll be updating the wikis soon. I swear. Just as soon as I get off my ass.

Also if you guys would like to, let's say know Ramona since she was young before her coma before she joined the sellsword outfit. PM me and I'll leave a little tidbit about her that should be something anyone who knew her back then should know. Also Keil's tribal name is up there too.

RE: Kurt S and others - Kurt S. - 05-22-2015

Sooooo imma go on a hiatus a for a bit.

Roughly a week's break from like the evening of the 26th to early morning of June 2. 

I think I did the conversions right.

You can still reach me on skype though so there's that.

RE: Kurt S and others - Kurt S. - 05-26-2015

Hiatus starts in 3 hours after this post!

RE: Kurt S and others - Kurt S. - 06-03-2015

Aaand I'm back and alive sort of. Now to work on getting Nah, Ramen and Kurt out of their hiatus states. Of course Nah and Kurt are accounted for and I just need to figure out times for Ramen's own stuff.

RE: Kurt S and others - Kurt S. - 06-25-2015

Aaaand after some tweaking my current roster consists of

Ramona Spencer, professional attention seeker extraordinaire

Kurt Steel, Warrior, machinist, all around gopher featuring cook

Nah Amariyo, The aspiring villain turned aspiring hero

Khujin Tumet, She who gives no straight answer.

RE: Kurt S and others - Kurt S. - 07-12-2015

Patch notes:

-[2.0] Updated Kurt to 3.0, aka Kath.
-[2.0] Edited entries to preferences. 

-[3.0] The unending quest 'Doge Knight' can be initiated by talking to PC Kath Steel. Rewards include a new rp friend among other things. Requirements: Player must be DRK level 30 or higher. Players must complete the quest 'Ishgardian Justice' (because let's face it what DRK doesn't know what Dark Side is?)

-[2.0] The unending quest 'The Engineer, the Cook and the War(rior)drobe" can be initiated by talking to PC Kath Steel. Rewards include a new RP friend among other things. Requirements: Players must be DoH, DoL, DoW or DoM.

-[2.0/3.0] The unending quest "Ramen all day" can be intiated by talking to PC Ramona Spencer. Rewards include another IC contact, et al.

-[3.0] The unending quest "I am Naht freezing" can be intiated by talking to PC Nah Amariyo in Ishgard. Rewards include another IC contact, et al.

-[2.0] The unending quest "Khuul Off" can be intiated by talking to PC Khujin Tumet in Ul'dah. Rewards include another IC contact, et al.

-[2.0/3.0] Please note that those 'requirements' are utter bullcrap.

RE: Kurt S and others - Kurt S. - 10-31-2015

Well I'll start cleaning up my roster of characters. Retiring them one by one, turning them into gil and putting it into one character. 

I just can't keep up what with school and exploring the Wasteland (eventually), giving my life for Aiur (eventually), fighting for the glorious Galactic Empire (eventually), liberating London on Borough at a time. 

So as it stands here are the fates of my characters:

Kurt S. - Taking up the pirate life under his mother. (Forum RP use)

Ramen S. - Death by risky gamble to pay off debt/Locked up in a very dark corner of the world where her Black Magicianing can't even save her. 

Nah A. - Focus lies on helping her father run Amariyousities (Forum RP use)

Khujin T. - Death by Behemoth mauling/Eaten by Aevis.

Odette D. - Returned to Ishgard to become a Dragoon, unwilling to finish her enrichment training mandated by the Desjardin House in order to better serve glorious Haillenarte. Death by Dragon noms.

Batu Q. - Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonliiiight. (Forum RP use)

Replacement core character concepts in the works:
-Reeve Enterprises senior staff (One of Ramomo's retainers)
-OR-
-YTC Reclaimer (One of Kurt's retainers)

RE: Kurt S and others - Kurt S. - 11-01-2015

Francesca Bishop.

New character, one of Kurt's retainers, former YTC reclaimer.

'If you want it. I can get it, by hell or Dalamud falling down again.'

In depth background in the works.

A synthesis of traits, at least one, from each retired or otherwise deceased character.

RE: Kurt S and others - Kurt S. - 12-21-2015

First of all. Yes I am a pancake.

Kurt's back. Also being tweaked here and there and generally being 'cleaned up' so to speak.

RE: Kurt S and others - Kurt S. - 12-27-2015

Sooo while my desktop's busted I'll be unavailable til I get fix'd.

RE: Kurt S and others - Kurt S. - 01-01-2016

Gonna be back soonish

RE: Kurt S and others - Kurt S. - 01-04-2016

Little Khuhuhuhjin Tumet is back in business..sort of yeh

Nah Amariyo is back!

Oh God the alting life has returned!