Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Inactive] Black Sun Vanguard - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: [Inactive] Black Sun Vanguard (/showthread.php?tid=9506)

Pages: 1 2

Black Sun Vanguard - Ischyros - 01-01-2015

[Image: n1t0r7.png]

The Black Sun Vanguard is an Ishgardian based, immersive roleplay Free Company on the Balmung server. With an extensive and storied history, complex and compelling ranking system, and eye for quality, we aim to provide the best experience for our members.

Focusing on a former Dragoon regiment with a troubled history, the exiled Vanguard now travels foreign lands, standing toe to toe with whatever forces may restrict Eorzeans from leading free lives. As their operations carry them across the cities and communities of the city-states, the Vanguard knows within themselves an unsettling truth. The Dragonsong will soon turn to a scream.

With 2 - 3 events per week, members can expect engrossing overarcing plots, introspective personal development, fun competitions, community immersion, and detailed interaction with the world around them.

Our Side Job system offers adventures for the FC members to take aside from the main story, helping the citizens across Eorzea with their personal troubles! With a rotating selection every week, there is never any shortage of potential RP stories to undertake and immerse yourself in!

Our unique forum-based website gives a great platform for scenes between characters that could otherwise not interact (alts, members with differing timezones) as well as a dynamic opportunity for members to explore and share their own characters past!

All races and classes are welcome within their ranks.

Questions about the Free Company can be forwarded to the following in-game characters:

Ischyros Estalia
Tilea An'ri
Ardent Ghost

For more detailed information, and to apply, please visit the website! We hope you will join us on our adventures across Eorzea!

RE: Black Sun Vanguard - Dia - 02-04-2015

Shameless bump for the best RP FC on the server. ;D

RE: Black Sun Vanguard - Ardent Ghost - 03-03-2015

Proud to have our newest member, Vi!
Welcome to the fray!
c:

RE: Black Sun Vanguard - SicketySix - 03-03-2015

Oh man, this sounds awesome!

But a few questions...

#1. How active is your FC?
#2. What days & time are you usually active?
#3. Do you hold regular RP events?
#4. How helpful would you say the FC is towards new players?
#5. Do you hold events that furthers your FC story?

RE: Black Sun Vanguard - Ardent Ghost - 03-17-2015

Hello, Manasas! Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, we admittedly weren't expecting questions to be asked here. Now we know and we'll be sure to check back! Anyroad, I'd be happy to address your queries. (:

(03-03-2015, 07:50 PM)Manasas Reed Wrote:
#1. How active is your FC?
#2. What days & time are you usually active?

We are very active in the late afternoon, evenings and late night, and there is rarely a time when a member isn't online, as we do retain people from various time zones, including Europe. We also have a Linkshell where members place their alts outside the Free Company so that we may easily be in contact with one another.

(03-03-2015, 07:50 PM)Manasas Reed Wrote: #3. Do you hold regular RP events?
#5. Do you hold events that furthers your FC story?

We do; events range from over-arcing Free Company storylines, to smaller personal events, tavern nights, exploration and lore delving, fun competitions, and inclusion in server-wide events. At the moment we average about one planned gathering a week, with other events up to two or three times a week (including Free Company meetings, training, faith sermons, and other events depending on one's placement within the Vanguard). This does not include the random, spontaneous RP, however. We also retain a unique job system that serves to encourage additional open-world RP among the members of the Vanguard. It's purpose is simple... to flesh out small scenes, get out into the community, have fun, explore our characters, and earn consideration towards a promotion! You can see a completed job here on imgur for a general idea.

(03-03-2015, 07:50 PM)Manasas Reed Wrote: #4. How helpful would you say the FC is towards new players?

Very! Many of our members have been playing for quite some time, and a number of us have multiple characters with multiple classes. If there is one thing our Free Company boasts, it is a plethora of personalities willing to help out. We are also very patient and willing to teach new roleplayers, as we understand that everyone has to start somewhere. We have players ranging from new to old, and the same can be said of our members' roleplay experience. The Black Sun Vanguard is much welcoming of anyone despite their experience with FFXIV or Roleplay.

I hope I answered everything accordingly, and if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask! I will definitely be checking this thread more frequently now. Thanks for your interest in our Free Company!

RE: Black Sun Vanguard - FloriaRaine - 03-17-2015

Do you guys have a linkshell for out of fc contacts? I'd certainly be interested in rping with guys.

(03-17-2015, 08:02 PM)FloriaRaine Wrote: Do you guys have a linkshell for out of fc contacts? I'd certainly be interested in rping with guys.

We sure do! This is our BSV A&F channel, (Alts and Friends) and I'd be happy to invite you to it.

RE: Black Sun Vanguard - T'caska Khevo - 03-17-2015

T'caska would be very interested in learning more about the Black Sun Vanguard (though i need to read up on my lore regarding it).

Maybe we could get together sometime in game?

(03-17-2015, 09:31 PM)T Wrote: T'caska would be very interested in learning more about the Black Sun Vanguard (though i need to read up on my lore regarding it).

Maybe we could get together sometime in game?

Sure thing! I'm online right now on Arivi Vel'ecna, if you would like to add me and shoot me a tell, I'd be more than happy to chat it up with you. c:

RE: Black Sun Vanguard - Ardent Ghost - 04-10-2015

Just giving this a little nudge.

RE: Black Sun Vanguard - Nataru - 04-10-2015

Classy group! Can't really recommend them enough ^^

RE: Black Sun Vanguard - Riken Avadur - 04-15-2015

I'm quite interested in the idea of a corps of Dragoons, and this fits quite well with some hiatus-resolving story development I have in-mind for Riken, and all sorts of other arcs I can play out with. I do have quite a few questions however, so I'd love to get in touch sometime this week and have a chat, and see where it goes from there. Alternatively we can discuss some stuff over PM. All up to you. Cheers mate. ^^

-Riken.

RE: Black Sun Vanguard - Ardent Ghost - 04-21-2015

I really need to check this more.

Well, seeing as Riken joined us today, I assume questions have been answered. Sorry for the delay!

RE: Black Sun Vanguard - Ardent Ghost - 04-29-2015

bump!

RE: Black Sun Vanguard - M'ikell - 05-16-2015

Hey there! Just recently got into this game with a friend with an urge to roleplay and I really liked your FC's concept. Wondering if I could talk with someone about more details. Thanks!