Hydaelyn Role-Players
Unofficial RP Server Besides Balmung & Gilgamesh? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Unofficial RP Server Besides Balmung & Gilgamesh? (/showthread.php?tid=9582)

Unofficial RP Server Besides Balmung & Gilgamesh? - Shadow Master - 01-07-2015

So both Balmung and Gilgamesh are just eternally blocked from character creation nowadays.

Is there any other unofficial RP server?
Or are these two the only ones?

Alternatively, any advice for getting onto Balmung or at least Gilgamesh?
And tricks or the like?

RE: Unofficial RP Server Besides Balmung & Gilgamesh? - Aris - 01-07-2015

This thread has a bit of a discussion regarding the two servers being closed Smile

The upcoming server maintenance (tomorrow I think, will check) is a good opportunity, when it's about to start or as soon as it's finished. It's helpful to have your character saved and know all the details so it'll be quicker.

I'm not sure of any other RP servers though, hopefully someone else will be able to answer ^^

Edit: Yep, all worlds maintenance Jan. 8, 2015 from 7:00 to 10:00 (GMT)

RE: Unofficial RP Server Besides Balmung & Gilgamesh? - Kage - 01-07-2015

Gilgamesh has been open at 4:30 am PST mornings when I've checked (today for example)

Make sure your character appearance data is saved too!

RE: Unofficial RP Server Besides Balmung & Gilgamesh? - Arrelaine - 01-07-2015

Gilgamesh is generally open before 10 am EST. Balmung is almost never open now. plz halp maintenance.

RE: Unofficial RP Server Besides Balmung & Gilgamesh? - Salinas - 01-07-2015

Had to stay up in the wee hours where night was slowly transitioning into day. Terrible times but hey! I got into Balmung. It was about 5AM CST for me when I managed to weave myself through.

Regarding of RP'ing in other servers. I heard there was a RP LS on Siren. Which was really surprising for me... I have yet to find though! (Most likely will run into a few member eventually since my main runs around there anyway.)

RE: Unofficial RP Server Besides Balmung & Gilgamesh? - Velaena - 01-09-2015

I've heard good things from Moogle (it's an EU world, so far less people speak English), but even they say that Gilgamesh and Balmung are THE places to be. 

From a personal point of view, although I play on Gligamesh for now, I am thinking about transferring to Balmung depending on how it goes. In my opinion, if you're going to enjoy that server more, and it will be better for you as a player or you already have friends on that server, it's worth the one off fee. Also, I've only seen Balmung open once since I got the game and that was for all of 5 minutes at roughly noon (GMT).

RE: Unofficial RP Server Besides Balmung & Gilgamesh? - Darkehaven - 01-10-2015

I hate to say it but the only luck I've had getting into Balmung as of late was creating a character on another server and transferring him over. Not the best tactic and I'm still not sure if it's surefire or if I just got lucky with my timing when I put in for it.

RE: Unofficial RP Server Besides Balmung & Gilgamesh? - Ashe - 01-10-2015

Always around 7:30/8AM EST.
I made my characters when I was getting ready for classes/work