Hydaelyn Role-Players
Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing (/showthread.php?tid=9597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - C'kayah Polaali - 01-08-2015

At Coatleque's request!

For C'kayah, I was reading Casanova's autobiographies when I was developing the character. Casanova was an interesting guy, and he was extremely detail-oriented in his autobio, to the point of writing out conversations and the like. I started bringing in some of his speaking styles into C'kayah's conversation, and I discovered I really enjoyed that. At that point I decided "Let's make C'kayah a ladies man" - I'd never played a character that was an unashamed womanizer, so that was fun. Again, I brought a lot of Casanova's flirting styles to C'kayah.

Experience shows Casanova's still got it Big Grin

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Warren Castille - 01-08-2015

Batman.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - TheLastCandle - 01-08-2015

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Coatleque - 01-08-2015

Coatleque does not flirt.
She seduces.
She is pure as new-fallen snow.
She ignores romance to focus on work.
She drinks heavily to cover up her loneliness.

I don't know where I'm going with this anymore.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Dogberry - 01-08-2015

Courtesy, respect, wit, and when that fails, point at whatever you feel is your strongest physical characteristic and waggle your eyebrows.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Warren Castille - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 05:04 PM)Dogberry Wrote: Courtesy, respect, wit, and when that fails, point at whatever you feel is your strongest physical characteristic and waggle your eyebrows.

"Leg's ain't the only pneumatic part'a me, if ya' catch m'drift."

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Telluride - 01-08-2015

You're getting a rep point for this, C'kayah.

Zorro - because Batman's design and very character borrowed (read: stole) from Zorro, and if that's good enough for Batman, it should be good enough for you.

Mix in a little James Bond swagger, a dash of Wolverine's directness (say what you want - he gets results), and a pinch of Road House Patrick Swayze, and even a smidge of Deadpool (because half of succeeding is never being afraid to try). Just because.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Gegenji - 01-08-2015

Unintentionally.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - GloryRhodes - 01-08-2015

Alienne taught someone how to do this once.  "Hey!  Wanna see my tits?"

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Kage - 01-08-2015

Flirting?

What flirting?

You mean the thing when you ask your best friend who you really do have deep feelings for but she's TAKEN OK to take an invitation to a female Roe to go to the royal ball and said friend shacks with the invitee at the ball?

(01-08-2015, 05:04 PM)Dogberry Wrote: Courtesy, respect, wit, and when that fails, point at whatever you feel is your strongest physical characteristic and waggle your eyebrows.

Courtesy and respect are good for getting the ones that are interested in courtesy and respect.

Those are not always the fun ones.

(01-08-2015, 05:07 PM)GloryRhodes Wrote: Alienne taught someone how to do this once.  "Hey!  Wanna see my tits?"

"I realize full well where your eyes are, love, but that's not the most compelling part of you, truth to tell. But I'll look into them anyway, and see if you can change my mind."

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Savarah - 01-08-2015

Sav is really direct and nice to almost everyone (which often results in many apologies because she's not sure if she's being offensive). And that is sometimes seen as ridiculously adorable flirting.

In actuality, Sav doesn't understand flirting. In that regard, she's akin to a child. So if she's doing it at all, it's completely unintentional.

(01-08-2015, 05:05 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:

"Leg's ain't the only pneumatic part'a me, if ya' catch m'drift."

Dogberry has used the line "I've got training as a lancer and a pugilist. I've got a long shaft and I'm good with my hands."

Also, he will find an excuse to take off his shirt. When Dogberry flirts, he is not subtle.

(01-08-2015, 05:09 PM)Telluride Wrote:

Courtesy and respect are good for getting the ones that are interested in courtesy and respect.

Those are not always the fun ones.

That's what the wit is for. What girl doesn't love a cunning linguist?