Hydaelyn Role-Players
Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing (/showthread.php?tid=9597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Hiro - 01-12-2015

Hiro isn't a natural flirt by any means, everything he's learned and acquired as far as what you could call a "skill set" he gained from reading, watching, and small isolated experiments. The Quicksand provided a good chunk of these examples and he's done a good job in demonstrating what he knows of words and his ability to mask insincerity, his only problem would be delivery, as most in his circle would expect.

That said, any RPer who has openly flirted, been a wingman/woman, been shot down, successfully picked up, and provided any insight what so ever in this field has been Hiro's source of inspiration; you all have my thanks for that.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Kou - 01-13-2015

Apparently, all K'washi has to do is wiggle his ears and his tail, and poof! He's got a mate!

His pick-up line was something along the lines of "I'm into <name>."
He might have also called him a cruel teacher.

I have absolutely no idea how he seduced his mate.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Nimie - 01-13-2015

Nimie doesn't flirt it's more like.

"Uh, hey, i um i love your um.  everything.  ergh.  i don't know how to flirt i'm sorry" then she blushes and goes away.  She's never gotten a date thus far, unfortunately.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Melodia - 01-13-2015

(01-13-2015, 03:42 PM)Nimie Wrote: Nimie doesn't flirt it's more like.

"Uh, hey, i um i love your um.  everything.  ergh.  i don't know how to flirt i'm sorry" then she blushes and goes away.  She's never gotten a date thus far, unfortunately.
Awwww! *hugs*

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Nimie - 01-13-2015

(01-13-2015, 03:45 PM)Melodia Wrote:
(01-13-2015, 03:42 PM)Nimie Wrote: Nimie doesn't flirt it's more like.

Awwww! *hugs*
She did once meet a cute mi'qote at a bar, but she was probably just doing that out of pity.  At least, that's what Nimie thinks.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Telluride - 01-13-2015

All these persons of pulchritude aplenty in the Flirting thread, who say they don't flirt.

Am I going to have to make up for the lost effort?

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Gegenji - 01-13-2015

(01-13-2015, 04:23 PM)Telluride Wrote: All these persons of pulchritude aplenty in the Flirting thread, who say they don't flirt.

Probably! Chachan, at the very least, is more likely to be flirted AT than be the one doing the flirting. And even then he'll probably just stammer and get all flustered over it.

... And yet he hangs out with a lot of female characters despite his general problems dealing with them, as was pointed out in a recent RP. Hm.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Hiro - 01-13-2015

(01-13-2015, 04:23 PM)Telluride Wrote: All these persons of pulchritude aplenty in the Flirting thread, who say they don't flirt.

Am I sensing someone Mav can wingman for? I noticed only a certain amount do as well, I wanted to up the feeling of desperation of the Quicksand by adding a free-lance wingman into the fray, lot of solo artists, so many get turned away.

The Bro Code - Article 78

... Someone needs to adapt the Playbook for Eorzean use.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Kellach Woods - 01-15-2015

THE KELLACH WOODS SCHOOL OF NOT FLIRTING BUT TOTALLY DOING IT NONCHALANTLY.

Pre-Requisites:
Character with at least dark skin if not outright black.

Step 1-71 - Run Syrcus Tower until you get Phlegeton's Mask, Loincloth, Gauntlets and Boots
Step 72 - Get a Boarskin Harness, dye it Halatali Yellow
Step 73 - Stand next to a male miqo'te who's got a compatible sexuality

Current Results:
Male miqo'te showers you in affection and lots of other things. Confirmed with at least... 5 different ones. It's ridiculous. It's not even funny.

Expected Results:
Like for real I don't have to do anything wtf yo?

Sorry, professional deformation here.

At least Sati flirts when I play as her. Granted, her type of flirting is staring at your genitals and then going "HEY UNLESS YER A LALAFELL, THEY'RE AT EYE LEVEL. I'M NOT GETTING A SORE NECK FER YER SCRAWNY ASS, LIKE."

Then possibly complimenting them. Then possibly trying to get them to join the Gladiators' Guild so she can help them strip put some oil on for the crowd.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Telluride - 01-15-2015

(01-13-2015, 04:30 PM)Gegenji Wrote:

Probably! Chachan, at the very least, is more likely to be flirted AT than be the one doing the flirting. And even then he'll probably just stammer and get all flustered over it.

... And yet he hangs out with a lot of female characters despite his general problems dealing with them, as was pointed out in a recent RP. Hm.

But imagine their surprise on the night Chachanji decides, "You know what? Hell with this! C'mere, baby..." *slaps nearby pert bottom* "Gimme some sugar. Grindstone badass here. You know you want it."

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Berrod Armstrong - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 09:06 AM)Telluride Wrote:
(01-13-2015, 04:30 PM)Gegenji Wrote:

But imagine their surprise on the night Chachanji decides, "You know what? Hell with this! C'mere, baby..." *slaps nearby pert bottom* "Gimme some sugar. Grindstone badass here. You know you want it."
...we'll need an 8 man team of healers, stat. Get Kan-E on the phone, this is gonna take some white magic, too.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Dracyn - 01-15-2015

When Dracyn flirts it's completely over the top in the style of Wesley from the Princess Bride or Errol Flynn.

Lesbian, taken, or single, every woman gets his undivided and over the top flirting antics.

Of course since his heart has been completely shattered he is incapable of love so that's all they are, pretty words. Most women seem to sense this and laugh him off.

Most female miqote seem to abuse him unmercifully for various reasons.

Of course this hardly stops him, it's all part of his mask. He hopes if he keeps it up long enough that one day the mask will become real.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Sable Welkin - 01-17-2015

Best way Sable flirts: no, sweet talk, no brow wagging, no ankle flashing, just all punching, flexing, and choke holds. 
She tends to act like that towards guys she like, though on the more fairer sex, she's very laid back and gentle, unless they like it rough. ;p

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Edvyn - 01-18-2015

"hey is your fridge running"

"yeah"

"then we better go erp!"

works every time

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Arkghyom - 01-18-2015

Flirting? What for!