Hydaelyn Role-Players
Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing (/showthread.php?tid=9597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - MikoBehnen - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 05:59 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 05:57 PM)Dogberry Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 05:50 PM)MikoBehnen Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 05:33 PM)Dogberry Wrote: And puns. Puns, right?

I am a sucker for puns... and wit and sarcasm. Throw in a couple of well timed smirks and a wink or two and I'm a goner. 

Also confidence coupled with slight awkwardness in intimate situations? Check off the yes box for that method too.

Well hello ther

Look out, he's about to Berry you in puns!

*laughs* Though it seems you have a head start sir... Wink
Bring 'em on boys (or ladies, or etc... I'm not picky) 

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Val - 01-08-2015

Val rarely ever flirts. He's too barbarous and tends to just tell the woman they're attractive or blatantly ask for intercourse.

When he does try to flirt, however, he does so mostly to seduce and therefore only does it with his significant other. At that point, he flashes that cocky grin of his, whispers a few things that he knows will make her blush, then closes the deal with an offer once he realizes they're thoroughly enthralled.

Cyrus doesn't flirt anymore because he's dead. I think he'd be too shy/bashful to do it if he did.

Melfice doesn't like physical contact, and so he generally doesn't do it either. If he does, it's because his Mistress has enticed him in some way and he just commands what he wants out of her.

Vallois is too filled with angst to do so otherwise, and spends most of his time worrying about where his next meal will come from. He'd probably offer a pretty smile to a lady if it meant she'd feed him for the night.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Verad - 01-08-2015

Exist.

Talk.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Telluride - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 06:37 PM)Verad Wrote: Exist.

Talk.

That's dubious.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Cailean Lockwood - 01-08-2015

[youtube]EcHTn5HXSK0[/youtube]

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Dogberry - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 06:08 PM)Whittledown Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 05:27 PM)Dogberry Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 05:25 PM)Whittledown Wrote: 1.) Develop combative relationship

2.) On Starlight Night challenge person to a fist fight to settle grievance

3.) Fall down flight of stone steps with said person

4.) Accidentally glimpse something beautiful in said person

5.) Become hopelessly addicted to person

6.) Eventually get stabbed by them but in a romantic kind of way

This is what could have been between Obsidian Hornet and Dogberry.

You could have never had her Dogberry, do not torment yourself so! Wink

Oh, but it's nothing compared to the torture of having her.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Aeylis Bloodbinder - 01-08-2015

Aeylis never flirts.

Never.

Ever.

Also doesn't fall for being flirted with.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Telluride - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 06:47 PM)Aeylis Bloodbinder Wrote: Aeylis never flirts.

Never.

Ever.

Also doesn't fall for being flirted with.

I watched (well, overheard...) a guy trying to flirt with Aeylis at the Quicksand.

She was gentler in bursting his bubble than I would have expected from a woman whose wiki reports barbarian-level strength.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - industrythirteen - 01-08-2015

I'll admit, I've had some pretty terrible experiences with people trying to pick my character up since I started RPing on Balmung. I'm a little bit more wary, than some, due to this. I suppose this is kind of an irony, since I used to be a massive flirt in TOR, and faced little to no harassment there in-character; and yet in ffxiv, I play an exceptionally grumpy, and very introverted character. So, if I were to be approached, or I were to approach someone, this is kinda my thoughts on what I'd prefer, and appreciate, and how I'd treat others. 

Sincerity, first and foremost. It's easy to tell when someone is completely full of it. If it feels forced, it is. Ultimately, be yourself, with self-awareness. 

Keep your hands to yourself, starting out at least. No need to put any pressure on anyone.  

Yeah, no pressure. Keep it light, keep it fun. I suppose the difference between flirting, and picking someone up, is the intent. You'll want to put the person at ease, and make them feel like they're special, and more importantly, that there are no strings attached to your attention. Put away any and all expectations. If you make the person feel good about themselves, you'll probably feel pretty good about you, too. 

A sharp wit. Thoughtfulness, and a sense of humor, is awesome. Don't be disparaging with the humor or jokes. Engage the person you're conversing with. If the conversation is stilted, or you're struggling to find the humor in your conversation, then it's probably best to move on. 

Confidence. The only person that needs to know you're awesome, is you. Everyone else will see it if they look. Overconfidence is a massive turn-off, in my opinion. Ask only once if they're having a good time. 

Suppose those are my basics. Hope it helps!

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Verad - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 06:44 PM)Telluride Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 06:37 PM)Verad Wrote: Exist.

Talk.

That's dubious.

And yet effective!

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Edgar - 01-08-2015

Edgar does not flirt.

Intentionally.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Aeylis Bloodbinder - 01-08-2015

@telluride

(On my phone so can't quote QQ))

How embarrassing haha!
She's a sweet person, and definitely don't hulk smash if someone is flirting!  Now, if they persist after she informs them that she is unavailable....

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - GloryRhodes - 01-08-2015

The Spahro method.

1) Find mark.
2) Approach with confidence.
3) Accuse them of having improper relations with carnivorous flora.
4) Inform them of your previous relations with their parents.
5) Explain which orafices of theirs will be violently filled with living creatures.
6) Go home alone.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Salinas - 01-08-2015

Caelia is the most awkward when flirting intentionally if your name isn't Noxaelius Avantine. Her 'flirtatious attempts' are very misleading. She's actually very friendly, oblivious, and will not notice your romantic notions of trying to sweep her off her feet.

Will pass off for you being friendly.

What a dumb.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - C'kayah Polaali - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 07:15 PM)GloryRhodes Wrote: The Spahro method.

1) Find mark.
2) Approach with confidence.
3) Accuse them of having improper relations with carnivorous flora.
4) Inform them of your previous relations with their parents.
5) Explain which orafices of theirs will be violently filled with living creatures.
6) Go home alone.

What's Spahro doing next Friday? Does she like Ishgardian fondue? C will pick her up at eight.