Hydaelyn Role-Players
Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing (/showthread.php?tid=9597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 07:31 PM)C Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 07:15 PM)GloryRhodes Wrote: The Spahro method.

1) Find mark.
2) Approach with confidence.
3) Accuse them of having improper relations with carnivorous flora.
4) Inform them of your previous relations with their parents.
5) Explain which orafices of theirs will be violently filled with living creatures.
6) Go home alone.

What's Spahro doing next Friday? Does she like Ishgardian fondue? C will pick her up at eight.

Careful C, she's a Keeper.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - C'kayah Polaali - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 07:32 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:

1) Find mark.
5) Explain which orafices of theirs will be violently filled with living creatures.
6) Go home alone.

What's Spahro doing next Friday? Does she like Ishgardian fondue? C will pick her up at eight.

[Image: MacBean.jpg]

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Parvacake - 01-08-2015

I never intended Lili to be a flirt. Her big trait for this game was 'mom', 'maternal', 'motherly', 'Molly Weasley', etc. She'll be playful and teasing, and that added to the MILF factor people claims she has makes for a surprisingly appealing combination to most people lol. Her overall flirting method tends to depend on who she's with. Some make her sultry, confident, and teasing. Others? She feels like a teenager hiding behind her hair because 'OMG THE LEADER OF THE FOOTBALL TEAM IS STARING AT ME, NOOO'.

Xelra, my miqo'te, is grumbly. Bitchy. Not rude, but she doesn't exactly invite people in, but the grump factor is what people describe liking most about her. Hell, her mate thought it was utterly adorable and she wanted to throw something at him.

M'subi? Wasn't intended to be anything more then cute and a little shy. But she still got some people attracted to her so there's that lol.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Liandri - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 07:53 PM)Lilithium Wrote: I never intended Lili to be a flirt.

Honestly? I think it's her non-flirting that makes her more attractive in a sense. However, that's from experience. I wouldn't say she's ever flirted with V'lanya, but her 'upfrontedness' and honesty gets her more places than most would likely ever intend. Plus she bosses people around and it's super hot when she gets angry, though I'm sure you know this and I'm just rambling. *Takes a breath*

As for my own character? I never intended for her to be a flirt either, and to be blunt, I still don't think she does, or at least overtly. It's nuances within her behaviour and perhaps suggestive speech pattern that some may find ever-so enticing (I'm forever accidentally adding innuendos to normal, intellectual conversations). Although I'm sure that others would have stuff to say about her behaviour towards their characters!

Confidence is a huge turn-on for many characters, I assume.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Knight Kat - 01-08-2015

Kiht's flirting is never intended, nor does she usually know when people are flirting with her. However, when I look back on it, most of the characters who have fallen for Kiht are ones who she has offered to help at some point.

So, not surprisingly, Kiht's experience shows her that people get attracted to her when she gives them attention, and gives a damn about their troubles. What a concept huh?

Random Character: "My sister is lost in Thanalan somewhere! *Boohoo sob-story*"

Kiht: "I am a trained scout, so I offer my aid in helping you find your sister."

Random Character: "OMG Kiht be my GF!"

Kiht: o_O

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Melkire - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 07:31 PM)C Wrote: What's Spahro doing next Friday? Does she like Ishgardian fondue? C will pick her up at eight.

You know, this almost word-for-word what my FC says, though the clans are flipped. Seekers... yeah, no.

(01-08-2015, 08:21 PM)Liandri Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 07:53 PM)Lilithium Wrote: I never intended Lili to be a flirt.

Honestly? I think it's her non-flirting that makes her more attractive in a sense. However, that's from experience. I wouldn't say she's ever flirted with V'lanya, but her 'upfrontedness' and honesty gets her more places than most would likely ever intend. Plus she bosses people around and it's super hot when she gets angry, though I'm sure you know this and I'm just rambling. *Takes a breath*
Hahahaha well good to know! I think adding 'dear' at the end of everything makes an order sound more like when your Mom asks you to take out the trash.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Kage - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 07:36 PM)C Wrote:

1) Find mark.
6) Go home alone.

I'm trying to remember what C's success rates are of Keepers vs Seekers.

Kage:
1) Be Noticed.
2) Say hello.
3) Goatee noticed
4) >Lalafell
5. Go home.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - C'kayah Polaali - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 08:57 PM)Kage Wrote: I'm trying to remember what C's success rates are of Keepers vs Seekers.

Define "success"

Of the Keepers he's flirted with:
  • 3 didn't respond well at all
  • 2 responded, things went badly, they now hate him
  • 2 responded, things went well
  • 1 flirted back, had a drink, that's it
  • 1 responded, then ran away
  • 1 liked what she saw, then everything went crazy. It's complicated...
  • 1 liked what she saw so she captured and tortured him for 3 days. Now they're friends. Go figure...

I'm not even going to think about the Seekers...

(01-08-2015, 08:57 PM)Kage Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 07:36 PM)C Wrote:

1) Find mark.
6) Go home alone.

I'm trying to remember what C's success rates are of Keepers vs Seekers.

Kage:
1) Be Noticed.
2) Say hello.
3) Goatee noticed
4) >Lalafell
5. Go home.
I want to guess Seekers over all. With the liking of Elezen.

And <3 Kage

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Hyakki - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 05:25 PM)Whittledown Wrote: 6.) Eventually get stabbed by them but in a romantic kind of way

Stabbing and/or getting stabbed is a great way to bond!

It's worked like a charm for Mamushi Heart

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Yangh - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 09:07 PM)Ckayah Polaali Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 08:57 PM)Kage Wrote: I'm trying to remember what C's success rates are of Keepers vs Seekers.

Define "success"

Of the Keepers he's flirted with:
  • 3 didn't respond well at all
  • 2 responded, things went badly, they now hate him
  • 2 responded, things went well
  • 1 flirted back, had a drink, that's it
  • 1 responded, then ran away
  • 1 liked what she saw, then everything went crazy. It's complicated...
  • 1 liked what she saw so she captured and tortured him for 3 days. Now they're friends. Go figure...

I'm not even going to think about the Seekers...

I'm left wondering where Yangh falls in to that list >.>

I totally hope D'ly and Kage doesn't see this... they sent me to bed already ; ;

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Sounsyy - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 11:54 PM)Yangh Wrote: I totally hope D'ly and Kage doesn't see this... they sent me to bed already ; ;

Cough go bed! Haha

Also, Sounsyy is terrible at flirting. She lets others flirt at her instead. She just kinda looks awkwardly at what's going on while people flirt with her. She's only tried to flirt with Otto and Yangh...

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Yangh - 01-09-2015

(01-08-2015, 11:59 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 11:54 PM)Yangh Wrote: I totally hope D'ly and Kage doesn't see this... they sent me to bed already ; ;

Cough go bed! Haha

Also, Sounsyy is terrible at flirting. She lets others flirt at her instead. She just kinda looks awkwardly at what's going on while people flirt with her. She's only tried to flirt with Otto and Yangh...

I am discovered!

Tell them nothing! I'm already -in- bed ;_;

Though, her flirting with Yangh went pretty well, considering the outcome.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Kellach Woods - 01-09-2015

Kellach's flirting methods : Be himself. Weirdness will inevitably push a male Miqo'te in his arms.

Not that he'd not want to be with anyone else. Just that that's what happens.