Hydaelyn Role-Players
Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing (/showthread.php?tid=9597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Kage - 01-09-2015

(01-09-2015, 12:00 AM)Yangh Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 11:59 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 11:54 PM)Yangh Wrote: I totally hope D'ly and Kage doesn't see this... they sent me to bed already ; ;

Cough go bed! Haha

Also, Sounsyy is terrible at flirting. She lets others flirt at her instead. She just kinda looks awkwardly at what's going on while people flirt with her. She's only tried to flirt with Otto and Yangh...

I am discovered!

Tell them nothing! I'm already -in- bed ;_;

Though, her flirting with Yangh went pretty well, considering the outcome.
I did see this. I was :/
But you kept posting and then I went :<

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - C'kayah Polaali - 01-09-2015

(01-08-2015, 11:54 PM)Yangh Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 09:07 PM)Ckayah Polaali Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 08:57 PM)Kage Wrote: I'm trying to remember what C's success rates are of Keepers vs Seekers.

Define "success"

Of the Keepers he's flirted with:
  • 3 didn't respond well at all
  • 2 responded, things went badly, they now hate him
  • 2 responded, things went well
  • 1 flirted back, had a drink, that's it
  • 1 responded, then ran away
  • 1 liked what she saw, then everything went crazy. It's complicated...
  • 1 liked what she saw so she captured and tortured him for 3 days. Now they're friends. Go figure...

I'm not even going to think about the Seekers...

I'm left wondering where Yangh falls in to that list >.>

I totally hope D'ly and Kage doesn't see this... they sent me to bed already ; ;

In retrospect, I left Yangh out because the flirting was sort of incidental to the business that was being discussed. <3

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - ArmachiA - 01-09-2015

Armi doesn't flirt. At all. She doesn't even understand the concept.

Armi makes tea and tells people the stories of her very mean plants and how DOMINATION JOE doesn't like anyone and she's pretty sure JOE the plant has tried to kill her twice. And poor Heloise... she's new and not adjusting well. Armi keeps trying to water her, but she still cries in the corner about how no one likes her. She then asks many questions because people are full of interesting stories! and then names inanimate objects because important things should have names.

5 people have confessed their love to her, I guess it's working?

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Lillini - 01-09-2015

(01-08-2015, 06:47 PM)Aeylis Bloodbinder Wrote: Aeylis never flirts.

Never.

Ever.

Also doesn't fall for being flirted with.
Uh huuuuh...

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Yangh - 01-09-2015

(01-09-2015, 12:40 AM)Kage Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 11:54 PM)Yangh Wrote: I totally hope D'ly and Kage doesn't see this... they sent me to bed already ; ;

Cough go bed! Haha

Also, Sounsyy is terrible at flirting. She lets others flirt at her instead. She just kinda looks awkwardly at what's going on while people flirt with her. She's only tried to flirt with Otto and Yangh...

I am discovered!

Though, her flirting with Yangh went pretty well, considering the outcome.

;_; I was asleep about 12 seconds later I swear!!

(01-09-2015, 12:56 AM)Ckayah Polaali Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 11:54 PM)Yangh Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 09:07 PM)Ckayah Polaali Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 08:57 PM)Kage Wrote: I'm trying to remember what C's success rates are of Keepers vs Seekers.

Define "success"

Of the Keepers he's flirted with:
  • 3 didn't respond well at all
  • 2 responded, things went badly, they now hate him
  • 2 responded, things went well
  • 1 flirted back, had a drink, that's it
  • 1 responded, then ran away
  • 1 liked what she saw, then everything went crazy. It's complicated...
  • 1 liked what she saw so she captured and tortured him for 3 days. Now they're friends. Go figure...

I'm not even going to think about the Seekers...

I'm left wondering where Yangh falls in to that list >.>

I totally hope D'ly and Kage doesn't see this... they sent me to bed already ; ;

In retrospect, I left Yangh out because the flirting was sort of incidental to the business that was being discussed. <3

That is a very good point! That was a fun RP XD

(01-09-2015, 09:35 AM)Yangh Wrote:
Cough go bed! Haha
I am discovered!

(01-09-2015, 07:13 AM)Lillini Wrote: Uh huuuuh...

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Yangh - 01-09-2015

(01-09-2015, 10:29 AM)Kage Wrote:
(01-09-2015, 09:35 AM)Yangh Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 11:59 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: Cough go bed! Haha
I am discovered!

(01-09-2015, 07:13 AM)Lillini Wrote: Uh huuuuh...

Did our dancing mean nothing?! We had such a fab time! ;_;

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - FreelanceWizard - 01-09-2015

L'yhta isn't aware of when she's flirting; when she actively tries to flirt (say, by telling someone they look nice), she tends to do or say stupid things. She recently told Kellach that he looked very "aesthetically pleasing to the eye." Tongue Frankly, I'm surprised she hasn't commented on someone having "very supportive hips" yet.

That doesn't mean she doesn't flirt, though. She flirts a bit naughtily with her Very Good Friend, at least in private. However, she's not aware that her usual playful banter and teasing is flirting, which has led to some awkward moments and people telling her to "just have a threesome with him and your girlfriend and be done with it."

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Cassandra Lachance - 01-09-2015

Cass is sort of unusual when it comes to flirting because she's terrible at relationships and she has too many trust issues to sleep around. So for all intents and purposes she really shouldn't be flirty. But she can be, mostly because she enjoys pushing buttons. She tends to look for something she can use to tease the other person, strangers and friends alike. Half the time people don't take it well, which is fine by her because she's perfectly happy to just get a rise out of someone.

It's not uncommon for other characters to respond in kind though, which she enjoys just as much, it becomes sort of a contest for her and it often turns into outright flirting. Since she's really only into the interaction and not into where it leads to, she usually just makes up an excuse to leave as soon as it becomes too much for her. Which has the added effect of leaving them wanting more, but it's not like she minds the attention anyway.

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Gegenji - 01-09-2015

This thread has actually got me wondering how Chachan would flirt if he actually tried to and it just seems like it'd be the most bumbling, dorky thing... Laugh

"U-um... h-haldo there, miss. Um... err... well... c-could... could I interest ya in... in a drink or somethin'? Y-y'know... i-if'n ya don't mind."

All the while in either perpetual /sulk or /panic. And it'd probably all fall apart the moment they showed any sort of interest. Poor Chachan. Girls, how do?

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Telluride - 01-09-2015

(01-09-2015, 10:41 AM)Gegenji Wrote: This thread has actually got me wondering how Chachan would flirt if he actually tried to and it just seems like it'd be the most bumbling, dorky thing... Laugh

"U-um... h-haldo there, miss. Um... err... well... c-could... could I interest ya in... in a drink or somethin'? Y-y'know... i-if'n ya don't mind."

All the while in either perpetual /sulk or /panic. And it'd probably all fall apart the moment they showed any sort of interest. Poor Chachan. Girls, how do?

He should take some lessons from his own buddy, Gran. The pig seems to have his game down.

(01-09-2015, 10:37 AM)Yangh Wrote: Did our dancing mean nothing?! We had such a fab time! ;_;
But my /soothe dancing did not help you sleep when you should have been!

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Seriphyn - 01-09-2015

I look at the behaviours of people I see IRL at bars and other social places, and basically emulate that for Kale. Not everyone I see, just people who fit Kale the most (very boisterous, straightforward traditional 'masculine' male).

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-09-2015

(01-09-2015, 11:15 AM)Kage Wrote:
(01-09-2015, 10:37 AM)Yangh Wrote: Did our dancing mean nothing?! We had such a fab time! ;_;
But my /soothe dancing did not help you sleep when you should have been!

That's what the sheep hat and /cheer are for!

RE: Flirting techniques - inspiration and referencing - Warren Castille - 01-09-2015

(01-09-2015, 10:46 AM)Telluride Wrote:
(01-09-2015, 10:41 AM)Gegenji Wrote: This thread has actually got me wondering how Chachan would flirt if he actually tried to and it just seems like it'd be the most bumbling, dorky thing... Laugh

He should take some lessons from his own buddy, Gran. The pig seems to have his game down.

Stomp around nude looking for something to eat. 60% of the time, it works every time.