Hydaelyn Role-Players
Character suggestions? Havin' some trouble. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Character suggestions? Havin' some trouble. (/showthread.php?tid=9638)

Character suggestions? Havin' some trouble. - Rabbit - 01-11-2015

So I made a Miqo'te female of the Moonkeeper clan and while she is a bit unconventional, this is all I've got on her. It's all subject to change.

My headcanon for Hawu is that the Jinjahl family line lived very close to civilization and had a lot of exposure to urbanization and even though it is still an extremely old fashioned family of Miqo'te, Hawu was more intrigued with urban life rather than doing any hunting or getting her hands dirty, much less continuing the family line. 

There are several matriarchs that are 'in charge', like elders and they like to pair young ladies of their families off with potential partners and whatnot. When Hawu was about to come of age they were rather vehement about her having children if she wasn't going to go down the path of a huntress. They paired her off with a man she didn't know and she didn't quite like the thought of even having children, so on the day she came of age she rejected him and the Matriarchs' will and quite literally packed her things and left. 

She is effectively a runaway and practically disowned by the Jinjahl, though she still carries the last name because she damn well can. She was exposed to city life and had always been interested in studying Aether, and she absolutely abhorred the closed-minded nature of tribe life and the customs. So, essentially she was just a bad egg, I guess.

Hawu has a very lavish appearance, always keeping herself neat and tidy with a lovely fluffy tail and usually preferring jewelry and things. She made a life for herself on her own, only problem is...well I don't quite have an idea for the occupation of choice.

I do know she's very interested in fashion, city life and is quite literally a pretty city kitty. Perhaps a wealthy merchant's apprentice or somesuch. I do know that I picked her to be an Arcanist, hands free of callousing and rather defenseless looking, if you ask me. Of course she's got skill with a bow, but it's minimal and anyone who has ever tried archery before can probably attest to the fact if your hands aren't used to it you get cut up and bloody on your first tries. *thepain* ; v;

I'm rambling here, but I do know she likes the study or aether and could very well just be a travelling Arcanist between Ul'dah and Limsa Lominsa due to her wanderlust,  but I'm still completely unsure. I do know that she has a job that pays well or some man or woman spoils her or something of that nature. She's a sultry woman.

It's all I've got to go on. I've been told it checks out pretty well, I'd just like suggestions and whatnot. ; v;' I'm also fairly new to the game, just hit 50 last night! 

I appreciate any help, thank you for reading and yeah. ; v;'

RE: Character suggestions? Havin' some trouble. - Kellach Woods - 01-11-2015

I don't think you need suggestions - I think you need experience in the world RPing as that character so you can make adjustments based on what you believe the character to be. You have a fairly solid background here, I find.

Though constantly flicking pages as an Arcanist must have given you some callous fingers from all the papercuts.

RE: Character suggestions? Havin' some trouble. - Rabbit - 01-11-2015

(01-11-2015, 03:31 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: I don't think you need suggestions - I think you need experience in the world RPing as that character so you can make adjustments based on what you believe the character to be. You have a fairly solid background here, I find.

Though constantly flicking pages as an Arcanist must have given you some callous fingers from all the papercuts.
Ahh, the papercuts thing does make sense. Thanks for your input! I was about to say if I didn't get any suggestions here I'd just build her through trial and error.

RE: Character suggestions? Havin' some trouble. - C'kayah Polaali - 01-11-2015

You know, in Ul'dah crime does pay...