Hydaelyn Role-Players
Nimie - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Nimie (/showthread.php?tid=9659)

Nimie - Nimie - 01-13-2015

Hi, I'm new and I'm, well, a bit conflicted.  Because I really want to get into the roleplay scene but most of my friends are on Goblin, and that makes things a bit difficult.

Nice to meet you all.

RE: Nimie - Melodia - 01-13-2015

I used to be on Goblin! Smile 

You could always alternate days and visit both. Make an alt on one server and main on the other.

RE: Nimie - Gegenji - 01-13-2015

I know the feeling. I made my first character on Zalera and made little Chachan to dip my toe into the RP scene over on Balmung. Stay strong, you can juggle both if needed!

As for getting in on the RP scene, I'd recommend lurking around the Quicksand in Ul'dah to start, since a lot of random RP seems to gravitate to there. I've seen RP in the taverns at the other two cities, but it seems much more prevalent there.

Then, either someone will hopefully approach you for RP... or you can try poking someone with /tells! If nothing else, wave at my little Lala if you see him running around the place (as I often have him do), and I'll have him waddle on over to say Haldo! Thumbsup

RE: Nimie - Nimie - 01-13-2015

Hehe, thanks.

Maybe I will transfer this character over - I mean, I really like the ideas I put into her and I want to use her.

(I have a bit of her backstory over in the Duskwight thread if anyone wants to read it)

(01-13-2015, 04:01 PM)Nimie Wrote: Maybe I will transfer this character over - I mean, I really like the ideas I put into her and I want to use her.

(I have a bit of her backstory over in the Duskwight thread if anyone wants to read it)

That's certainly an option!

Other options include:
  • Making a "clone" of her (I've RPed with a couple people who said their RP character was literally a low-level clone of their higher-level character on another server)
  • Making someone related to her somehow (My character on Zalera is Chachan's older brother and I used his model data as a base to make the little guy, and it actually helped me develop both of them more than I would've thought it would!)... and, of course...
  • Just making a whole new character to try out a different approach.
Of course, transferring may still be the safest bet if you like the character and don't mind the transfer fee. Sneaking in a new character to Balmung or Gilgamesh can be tricksy sometimes and transferring gets past that.

And I always like reading back-stories, so I'll probably go check it out!

Hehe, thank you!  Please tell me what you think.

(01-13-2015, 03:36 PM)Nimie Wrote: Um, I don't want to foul anything up, but I decided that Nimie would be a bit divorced from Duskwight culture, as she left of her own accord to explore and learn the magicks and histories of the overworld.  She promised, however, that she'd return once her curiosity was sated.  She was always a bit of an odd one - always with her head in the metaphorical clouds.

Then Dalamud fell, and the cave that housed Clan Valeroyant was crushed - their fate, unknown.  Nimie was, to put it lightly, devastated.  She just sort of, aimlessly wandered from place to place after that calamity, not really having a purpose in mind.

Then she eventually drifted into the port of Limsa Lominsa, and, well.  A town of pirates, thieves, and other outcasts?  A rather nice place for a Duskwight wanderer.  And, in learning the art of arcanima, her curiosity for the world was rekindled, and so she found herself once again.

Cross-quoting for anyone else who wants quick reference to it!

Anyway, there's another Duskwight regular around the forums named Xevarian Mystrife who does a similar "wandering student of the world" and he's done some interesting things with it. So, I think Nimie's reasons for wandering work out well enough!

Plus, I like how you kept the fate of Clan Valeroyant unsaid. Could lead to interesting RP later. Rumors about a family member last seen skulking around the Shroud! A mysterious letter supposedly from a sibling. There's all sorts of interesting things you can do with it.

(01-13-2015, 04:16 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(01-13-2015, 03:36 PM)Nimie Wrote: Um, I don't want to foul anything up, but I decided that Nimie would be a bit divorced from Duskwight culture, as she left of her own accord to explore and learn the magicks and histories of the overworld.  She promised, however, that she'd return once her curiosity was sated.  She was always a bit of an odd one - always with her head in the metaphorical clouds.

Then Dalamud fell, and the cave that housed Clan Valeroyant was crushed - their fate, unknown.  Nimie was, to put it lightly, devastated.  She just sort of, aimlessly wandered from place to place after that calamity, not really having a purpose in mind.

Then she eventually drifted into the port of Limsa Lominsa, and, well.  A town of pirates, thieves, and other outcasts?  A rather nice place for a Duskwight wanderer.  And, in learning the art of arcanima, her curiosity for the world was rekindled, and so she found herself once again.

Cross-quoting for anyone else who wants quick reference to it!

Anyway, there's another Duskwight regular around the forums named Xevarian Mystrife who does a similar "wandering student of the world" and he's done some interesting things with it. So, I think Nimie's reasons for wandering work out well enough!

Plus, I like how you kept the fate of Clan Valeroyant unsaid. Could lead to interesting RP later. Rumors about a family member last seen skulking around the Shroud! A mysterious letter supposedly from a sibling. There's all sorts of interesting things you can do with it.

Or, a letter from a lover of hers during her younger years, who chose to stay with her clan rather than go with her lover.

RE: Nimie - Ligardian Dreamer - 01-13-2015

Welcome! "May your path in the light of the crystal" be filled with many experiences and memories, no matter where you go. =)