Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.5 Sneak Preview - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 2.5 Sneak Preview (/showthread.php?tid=9665)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

2.5 Sneak Preview - Warren Castille - 01-14-2015

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/a18c89bdc829bb95da718a2bcd61b5c765270c29

Quote:Patch 2.5 is just around the corner, and today we'll be giving you a sneak peek at the World of Darkness, the Keeper of the Lake, as well as two new hard mode dungeons─the Wanderer's Palace, and Amdapor Keep!
New Dungeon
- The Keeper of the Lake

Fifteen years ago, in the skies above Silvertear Falls, the invading forces of the XIVth Legion were set upon by a host of dragons. Leading the charge was Midgardsormr, legendary king of kings, who engaged the Garlean flagship, the Agrius, in battle. In the end, both Midgardsormr and his foe fell to the earth, and their tangled remnants stand as a memorial to that day─a ruined airship, and the charred corpse of the wyrm lord who brought it low, forever devoid of life...

Level Requirement Disciple of War or Magic level 50
Item Level Requirement ???
Party Size Four players
Time Limit 90 minutes
Quest The Rising Chorus
Prerequisites Players must first complete the main scenario quest "Best Laid Schemes"

Hard Mode Dungeons
- The Wanderer's Palace (Hard)

Bound no more by the rancor of their fallen king, the tonberries have regained their senses─with a little help from devoted friends. Yet all thoughts of peace have been put to the blade, as a band of Mamool Ja mercenaries known as the Silverscales have stormed the walls and seized the place for their own. Someone must stop the sellswords from turning the Wanderer's Palace into an unassailable fortress, and take a stand against tonberry slaughter and slavery!

Party Size Four players
Time Limit 90 minutes
Quest Not Easy Being Green
Prerequisites Players must first complete the Main Scenario quest "The Ultimate Weapon," and have also cleared the dungeon Wanderer's Palace.

- Amdapor Keep (Hard)

Though purging the Lambs of Dalamud brought a hard-earned peace unto Amdapor Keep, some mysterious fiend has completed the cultists' rites and ushered shadows back into the ruins. Voidsent now revel anew within these walls, their wickedness warping the flora and transforming kindly woodland creatures to bloodthirsty beasts. For the sake of the Twelveswood and the elementals who keep watch over it, you must cleanse the evil from the keep, and sweep away all traces of the cultists.

Party Size Four players
Time Limit 90 minutes
Quest For Keep's Sake
Prerequisites Players must first complete the Main Scenario quest "The Ultimate Weapon," and have also cleared the dungeon Amdapor Keep.

Crystal Tower
- The World of Darkness

In the twilight of his reign, the first and last emperor of Allag, Xande, desired power above all else. He turned to the terrible being known as the Cloud of Darkness, a ruler of the void, and asked of her strength to make the world kneel before his throne with a covenant of blood.

When Xande was slain, his ambitions were laid to rest alongside him. Yet the Cloud of Darkness still seeks to enter the material realm, and will soon find passage through the Voidgate set to manifest within Syrcus Tower. With the fiend's coming, can the fellowship of NOAH brave the void and rescue the three souls able to stem the Cloud's flood of shadows, or will the expedition itself vanish beyond the rift in the World of Darkness?

Party Size 24 players (three eight-player parties)
Time Limit 120 minutes
Quest The World of Darkness
Prerequisites Players must first complete the quest "Syrcus Tower".

RE: 2.51 Sneak Peak! - Kage - 01-14-2015

Pssst. 2.5 not 2.51

RE: 2.51 Sneak Peak! - Warren Castille - 01-14-2015

Keeper of the Lake hard-confirmed for being story-locked. Get current, folks!

RE: 2.5 Sneak Peak SHUT UP KAGE - Warren Castille - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 09:59 AM)Kage Wrote: Pssst. 2.5 not 2.51

Dunno what you're talking about.

RE: 2.5 Sneak Peak SHUT UP KAGE - Kage - 01-14-2015

MY NAME IS IN A TITLE \Big Grin/

RE: 2.5 Sneak Peak SHUT UP KAGE - Telluride - 01-14-2015

Funny how there always seem to be new evils taking over the dungeons every time we clear them!

Aren't we still watching Syrcus tower, and sending in exploration parties... every day?

How are we not either A) Clearing out the Tonberries and using Amdapor Palace for something ourselves, or B) noticing a band of Mamool Ja big enough to storm the place, before they take it?

Where do all these bad guys and Voidsent and trash armies keep coming from? Don't they know we're trying to help them, too, by, oh, I don't know, preventing another Calamity?

Mr. Incredible: "No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

(And in a serious note - Great Find and Great Post, Warren!)

RE: 2.5 Sneak Peak SHUT UP KAGE - Parvacake - 01-14-2015

I can't. This hype. What is my life?

I...GAH @____@

RE: 2.5 Sneak Peak SHUT UP KAGE - Berrod Armstrong - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 09:59 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Keeper of the Lake hard-confirmed for being story-locked. Get current, folks!
gnashing my teeth because my body is ready

RE: 2.5 Sneak Peak SHUT UP KAGE - Steel Wolf - 01-14-2015

Lessee...Snowcloak is iL 80. I'm to perhaps assume, then, that Keeper will probably be minimum 85-90.

...which further leads me to believe that opening Heavensward content will be 100 minimum.

.....ffffffffffffffffu--TIME TO DO WORK.

RE: 2.5 Sneak Peak SHUT UP KAGE - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 10:59 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Lessee...Snowcloak is iL 80.  I'm to perhaps assume, then, that Keeper will probably be minimum 85-90.

...which further leads me to believe that opening Heavensward content will be 100 minimum.

.....ffffffffffffffffu--TIME TO DO WORK.

Come find me later (read as ~9 hours from now. [4PM PST-ish]). I cna help get you to i90.

(01-14-2015, 11:10 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Come find me later (read as ~9 hours from now. [4PM PST-ish]). I cna help get you to i90.

...I...should perhaps bookend by saying that I'm iL 74 at current.

That said...I WILL NOT BE UNDAUNTED! DO WORK!!

(What IS IT about this game that makes me actually suffer through this shit? Probably because the dungeons are actually...well...FUN!)

(01-14-2015, 11:17 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 11:10 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Come find me later (read as ~9 hours from now. [4PM PST-ish]). I cna help get you to i90.

That said...I WILL NOT BE UNDAUNTED! DO WORK!!

(What IS IT about this game that makes me actually suffer through this shit? Probably because the dungeons are actually...well...FUN!)

They can be. This game is pretty good about giving back what you push for, though. Grind dungeons? Get gear/points for gear.

RE: 2.5 Sneak Peak SHUT UP KAGE - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 11:17 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote:

That said...I WILL NOT BE UNDAUNTED!  DO WORK!!

(What IS IT about this game that makes me actually suffer through this shit?  Probably because the dungeons are actually...well...FUN!)

If your lodestone profile is up to date, I'm going to replace a chunk of your gear. And we should get your relic weapon.

(01-14-2015, 11:22 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: If your lodestone profile is up to date, I'm going to replace a chunk of your gear. And we should get your relic weapon.

....right then. I'll see you tonight. <3

Coincidentally, anyone else care to come along? Might have some first-timer Tome bonuses awaiting depending on what's being hit. (Do they give first-timer tomes if you're getting a different Relic?)

(01-14-2015, 11:30 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 11:22 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: If your lodestone profile is up to date, I'm going to replace a chunk of your gear. And we should get your relic weapon.

....right then. I'll see you tonight. <3

Coincidentally, anyone else care to come along? Might have some first-timer Tome bonuses awaiting depending on what's being hit. (Do they give first-timer tomes if you're getting a different Relic?)

No bonuses if you've already done a relic, and new dungeons don't give bonus tomes, but there's still a helpful lot around. I'm down for co-tanking primals or deepsing (read: being an awful ninja) all over dungeons for you.