Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.5 Sneak Preview - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 2.5 Sneak Preview (/showthread.php?tid=9665)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: 2.5 Sneak Peak SHUT UP KAGE - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 01:11 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 12:45 PM)Siha Wrote: I also would help if it's needed! 8D I have heals WHM 116, or SMN for dps at 101. ^^ I'm not as awesome as these folks but I enjoy helping too. Big Grin

EDIT: WE WILL GET ALL THE RPC-ERS READY.

...I LOVE THIS!

Repeating...WE WILL GET ALL THE RPC-ERS READY.

AAAAALLL OOOFFFF THEEEEEEEMMM!!!

*blasts off on the shining wings of hope*

I HAVE ARMOR FOR YOU! (Because I'm a bad employee and crafted it at work)

...someone else will need to make you rings though. And we will need to get you that relic.

RE: 2.5 Sneak Peak SHUT UP KAGE - Telluride - 01-14-2015

Now that I have finally broken the ilvl110 barrier on my main, I look ahead at what I am expected to do to move much further, and find myself less and less interested as SE seems to have a massive geek-boner over the implementation of the Law of Diminishing Returns. But I'm the sort of person who left LOTRO because of the Moria Radiance grind (those who were there know what I mean).

Also, I think SE Devs have a book on their desks with the title: "How To Get Players Hunting The Same Old Hard-To-Find But Otherwise Pointless Trash Mobs For Fun And Profit", with a leaflet on "Arbitrarily Restricting Fate Spawn Times: Because You Can."

Dungeons, CT, ST, all good. But a lot of the rest... meh. I don't really have a coil group (I'm willing to learn, though) but I have a low tolerance for PUGs in that sorta thing.

RE: 2.5 Sneak Peak SHUT UP KAGE - Atoli - 01-14-2015

... Yep. This is just more motivation for me to get Atoli to 50 on Bard or Ninja. The question is, which one first? :c I'm so excited I can't decide!

(01-14-2015, 01:31 PM)Telluride Wrote: Now that I have finally broken the ilvl110 barrier on my main, I look ahead at what I am expected to do to move much further, and find myself less and less interested as SE seems to have a massive geek-boner over the implementation of the Law of Diminishing Returns.  But I'm the sort of person who left LOTRO because of the Moria Radiance grind (those who were there know what I mean).

Also, I think SE Devs have a book on their desks with the title: "How To Get Players Hunting The Same Old Hard-To-Find But Otherwise Pointless Trash Mobs For Fun And Profit", with a leaflet on "Arbitrarily Restricting Fate Spawn Times: Because You Can."

Dungeons, CT, ST, all good. But a lot of the rest... meh. I don't really have a coil group (I'm willing to learn, though) but I have a low tolerance for PUGs in that sorta thing.

I'd help you out with Coil. I don't really static, but I could teach up to T7 in non-tanking roles. Most of them are coordination checks. Once you learn the dance, it'll repeat over and over. ...so if you've fought Titan HM and grasped what to do, Coil isn't much harder.

RE: 2.5 Sneak Peak SHUT UP KAGE - Zyrusticae - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 01:11 PM)Gegenji Wrote: I soloed ALL my Alexandrite maps. ALL of them. The only times I failed were due to lag on the Cyclops or the Mythril Golem. Knowing other people need help to do it is a pretty empowering feeling.
At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging... this isn't actually that difficult as long as you know how to handle each encounter (the first time can be a bit hairy if you're going in blind, naturally). I've soloed Alexandrite maps as a BRD, a DRG, a NIN, and a WAR, and it's doable on all of them.

That being said, soloing as a tank class is absolute easymode. You cannot possibly fail an Alexandrite map as a WAR unless you just don't know how to play. So much HP and defense, plus all the self-healing (Inner Beast makes you UNKILLABLE) turns encounters into a joke. I get close calls occasionally on my DPS classes even when I'm doing everything right, but never with WAR. It's a complete stomp every time, all the time.

RE: 2.5 Sneak Peak SHUT UP KAGE - Aduu Avagnar - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 01:24 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 12:45 PM)Siha Wrote: I also would help if it's needed! 8D I have heals WHM 116, or SMN for dps at 101. ^^ I'm not as awesome as these folks but I enjoy helping too. Big Grin

...I LOVE THIS!

...someone else will need to make you rings though. And we will need to get you that relic.
Ill sort out accesories and relix base when I get off work!

(01-14-2015, 02:55 PM)Nako Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 01:24 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:

...I LOVE THIS!

Ill sort out accesories and relix base when I get off work!

If you'd like mats, I have some raziqsand I can donate. And emery.

RE: 2.5 Sneak Peak SHUT UP KAGE - Kage - 01-14-2015

Everytime I open up RPC I get told to shut up. Cry

RE: 2.5 Sneak Peak SHUT UP KAGE - McBeefâ„¢ - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 03:12 PM)Kage Wrote: Everytime I open up RPC I get told to shut up. Cry

Don't worry Kage, we still have 6 days to be smug over our magitech weapons until they are released to the masses.

Dry your tears with smugness.

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview WITH NO ONE INSULTED IN CAPS - Warren Castille - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 03:12 PM)Kage Wrote: Everytime I open up RPC I get told to shut up. Cry

Dunno what you're talking about.

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview WITH NO ONE INSULTED IN CAPS - Kage - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 03:16 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote:

Don't worry Kage, we still have 6 days to be smug over our magitech weapons until they are released to the masses.

Dry your tears with smugness.
I know.

Only 6 days. T_T

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview WITH NO ONE INSULTED IN CAPS - Gegenji - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 02:20 PM)Zyrusticae Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 01:11 PM)Gegenji Wrote: I soloed ALL my Alexandrite maps. ALL of them. The only times I failed were due to lag on the Cyclops or the Mythril Golem. Knowing other people need help to do it is a pretty empowering feeling.
At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging... this isn't actually that difficult as long as you know how to handle each encounter (the first time can be a bit hairy if you're going in blind, naturally). I've soloed Alexandrite maps as a BRD, a DRG, a NIN, and a WAR, and it's doable on all of them.

That being said, soloing as a tank class is absolute easymode. You cannot possibly fail an Alexandrite map as a WAR unless you just don't know how to play. So much HP and defense, plus all the self-healing (Inner Beast makes you UNKILLABLE) turns encounters into a joke. I get close calls occasionally on my DPS classes even when I'm doing everything right, but never with WAR. It's a complete stomp every time, all the time.

Haha, no worries. I might've sounded like I was bragging myself. Folks I spoke with on Zalera just said that I should have a second on hand in case things turned south. Which might've helped in those... three or four instances where I lost a map due to horribly sudden and unwanted lag spikes, but otherwise I felt they were unnecessary.

... I haven't even bothered trying to get beyond applying the Mist for any other classes, so I haven't much of a gauge to go by other than word of mouth. Blush

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview WITH NO ONE INSULTED IN CAPS - Aris - 01-14-2015

...I LOVE THIS!

Count me in to help! Laugh

Hm, let's see. I'm not skilled enough craft wise to give the needed gear, but I can provide healing for all the things. I've also got some dungeons to do if anyone needs the soldiery bonus to help gear up.

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview WITH NO ONE INSULTED IN CAPS - Kage - 01-14-2015

JUST ASK ME TO HELP YOU GUYS IF YOU NEED IT. ; ;

The only times I will say no is if I'm Raiding or FunRaiding.

I can do any role! (I think)

RE: 2.5 Sneak Preview WITH NO ONE INSULTED IN CAPS - Siha - 01-14-2015

It makes me giggle in a good way that we all want to help so much it might as well be.

OH OH PICK ME PICK ME!!! Bouncy