Hydaelyn Role-Players
Y'lani Kalihd - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Y'lani Kalihd (/showthread.php?tid=9676)

Y'lani Kalihd - Y'lani - 01-15-2015

I. Basic Info 
  • Characters:Y'lani Kalihd
  • Primary character:Y'lani Kalihd
  • Linkshells:The Tavern, Lynxfang Pride
  • Primary RP linkshell:  None yet!

II. RP Style 
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
  • Medium-heavy is my definite preference. I dislike being in-character all the time, but when I roleplay, I am dedicated to making my characters as lore-abiding and as realistic as possible. 

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • I enjoy it! I'd like to be asked before Y'lani gets a limb lobbed off, and I'm not one for graphic torture, but RP combat and injuries can be a fun thing to roleplay if you're willing to make compromises.

• Views on IC romance:
  • I think it's not a bad connection for two characters to share. Since my character is a Seeker of the Sun, she'll be hard-pressed to become, gasp, monogamous, because it's a part of her culture, though she does have a fairly innocent attitude regarding romance considering the fact that she believes love is simply a momentary compulsion to breed. This probably stems from the fact that she is very much against having children, as well as... er... her culture doesn't help counteract that assumption.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • I love non-romantic RP! Feel free to be my character's enemy, her friend, her sister (with permission), an acquaintance, etc. This is the main dish to roleplay, without a doubt. After all, you can't roleplay with yourself! Not to mention that family helps build a character up.

• Views on lore:
  • I don't mind if people don't abide by it as long as they're happy, but... since I personally do my best to stick to lore with my characters, it also means they're likely to see you as a nut if you say you're a fairy princess. If you're ever worried that I believe you're breaking lore because of what my characters say, all you have to do is send a tell! I don't bite.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • /linkshell can be in-character or out of character, /say is in-character unless specified otherwise, the orange text (shout?) is out of character, /yell is in-character unless specified otherwise, /em is in-character unless specified otherwise, the pick-and-choose emotes that the game gives us are out of character unless in an RP. My views on the chat functions are flexible, but this is what I think most of the time. 

III. Other Info 
  • Timezone: Central State Time (GMT -6, I think? I might be wrong).
  • Contact info: You can private message me here on the forums, or message Y'lani Kalihd on the game to get a hold of me. You're most likely to get a hold of me on FFXIV from 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM weekdays my time.

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~