Hydaelyn Role-Players
Post here if you want to be a brat - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Post here if you want to be a brat (/showthread.php?tid=9690)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Alothia - 05-11-2015

(05-11-2015, 01:28 PM)Kage Wrote: NOT KEEPING YOUR BODY FIT IS A BAD IDEA.

GETTING ON A BICYCLE AFTER HAVING NOT RIDDEN ONE IN OVER A DECADE IS AND EVEN WORSE IDEA.

I STILL THINK I'M SITTING ON A BICYCLE SEAT @_@
It's like going to an amusement park or a water park and still feeling the rides when you lie down to go to bed. Friggin' weirdest feeling EVER.

And yeah...I know once I start trying to exercise with this apricot growing in me...that's gonna be so hard...

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - N'rahmean - 05-11-2015

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/307282/150505-lawsuit-against-all-gays.pdf

WELCOME TO 'MERKA WE SUE ALL THEM LIBERAL COMMIE GAYS YEEHAWW

Can we just nuke Nebraska or something? It's like Texas without all the sand.

EDIT: Isn't the Midwest supposed to be slightly smarter and more open-minded than my fellow Southern neighbors? Kinda sad, really.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kage - 05-11-2015

In america, we can pretty much sue anything and anybody.

It may or may not ever see court though.

Reminds me of the man who sued god etc.

I was about to re-post the post I made about it but I guess it was only tumblr. For a minute I thought "no way this happened" and then I remember it's America.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Gegenji - 05-11-2015

This is a nation where someone sued McDonalds because their coffee was hot. And now we can add "someone tried to sue the gays ON BEHALF OF GOD" to the list. At the very least, the places where I've heard this being talked about has been in a mocking manner, because really. One of her arguments is "the reason gays were afraid to come out of the closet was because they know it's a sin." Frustrated

Well the thing with the McDonald's coffee was that the coffee really was that badly hot. Like way too hot, -scalding- hot.

Burn and tear the flesh, scalding.

The coffee served was between 180-190 degrees Fahrenheit.

That is versus the 135-140 degrees Fahrenheit coffee served at home.

Multiple cases in the years previous showed that just like in this case multiple people received 3rd degree burns.

If the coffee was at 155 degrees it wouldn't have caused 3rd degree burns.

And no one can even drink coffee at 180-190 degrees -_-

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Gegenji - 05-11-2015

I suppose, but the general belief and consensus on the matter to the everyday layman is "person sued because coffee was hot." Basically, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just another bullet on the list somewhere of "Why the US is terrible." Which I guess is a totally valid concern, considering this sort of stuff is allowed to happen... even if I'd like to believe that no one is seriously believing this woman is in the right.

Personally, I got more annoyed when I heard over the news about a guy who rioted in Baltimore and got arrested... and then complained about how he was going to miss work from getting arrested - and how that was going to hinder feeding his wife and kids. I'm sorry, but how is that the police's problem? If you didn't want to miss work, then you shouldn't have participated in a RIOT.

Oh, and people complaining about some other rioters (students, I think) who broke the law being put in shackles. You know, to restrain them from attacking the police. Like what the rioters were often doing during the whole thing. But no, the police are in the wrong for trying to deal with the rioters and keep them from harming themselves and others.

Then again, I live in Maryland, so this sort of nonsense hits me a lot closer to home.

... Not to mention that I got to hear a week's worth of news about all the protests and riots and whatnot because people can't let a peaceful protest be peaceful. Nope, gotta use that as a chance to burn down businesses and throw bricks at policemen! And if they get arrested, it's totally the POLICE's fault for arresting them!

people in the us are horrible CHECK

The amount of people who said "violence is the only way to be heard" is scary. The amount of people who quoted Martin Luther King Jr about practically regretting and rejecting peaceful protest.

i get protesting. I don't get throwing shit around, burning peoples' livelihoods. What's it do but get people to hate you?

Like a fucking student protest I saw on youtube that happened during finals over (still) the same movement. They stopped people from going through. They -physically- would not let people walk on their way to school, and that people who were trying to get to class that way were IGNORING THEM AND SHIT!!111

Yes, cause people to miss midterms and finals. Fuck them! CAUSE THEY WILL SO LIKE YOUR CAUSE NOW WHEN YOU DO SHIT TO OTHERS.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kellach Woods - 05-11-2015

IIRC there was an academic that did a study here about public workers' union protesting success and population approval rating, and saw there was zero correlation between the two. In short, public opinion doesn't matter as to whether your protest works because chances are the moment you started protesting (regardless of method) they were against you anyway.

also don't think i've ever seen a peaceful protest actually yield anything of interest in the past 20 years but y'know i could be wrong. nor have i seen a peaceful protest get continuous media coverage as well. a protest gets a day, maybe. a riot gets weeks.

nothing new under the sun tho.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kellach Woods - 05-11-2015

so my internet is dead as fuck, my computer crashes on windows boot and I have no idea why.

if it's my new vid card that did this I will be very unhappy.

EDIT : INTERNET HAS RETURNED, vid card still wonky, but downgraded to an earlier driver and everything seems fine... SOMEHOW. So, my guess is that the newest driver from nvidia does not like playing old ass games that are insultingly archaic in design (witcher 1)

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Cliodhna Eoghan - 05-11-2015

[Image: tumblr_mysqjca82y1rf9eyuo1_500.gif]
....nothing really specific....just feeling a bit stressed/overwhelmed the last little while.
can i say that? i know i'm not really getting too specific with my ranting....but it has kinda been making me feel lethargic overall. like i want to just hide for a little while until stuff calms down. i dunno...

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Sailor July - 05-11-2015

Since it's so actively on my mind... People who blame rappers for what goes on in the world (this could be kids acting up in school to more serious events.) People who think what rappers rap about equals who they are as a person. People who are so offended by rap in general. I rap. I also am a huge fan of Eminem, as both an idol as a rapper AND a person. I hear so much crap about how his music is so bad, how he's so horrible, blah blah. The same goes for other favorites. It's ridiculous.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Kage - 05-12-2015

I'M JUST GOING TO FUCKING LEAVE THIS HERE AND GRUMBLE.

[Image: tumblr_nn9kjklXlH1qigfjto1_1280.jpg]

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Gegenji - 05-12-2015

That's how Roman Numerals work, right? It's not like you could do a Google search and find out that it's MMXV or anything.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Spethah - 05-12-2015

Conservatives won, I'm at risk of losing more money. It's hard enough living on your own on disability benefits and my parents don't want me back (it's not that they hate me, we just clash a lot if we're under the same room for too long) and now I might be expected to live on even less? There's a reason why I'm unfit for work. Don't put me through that trauma again.

RE: RANT ABOUT IRL THINGS AKA HUMANITY WHY - Unnamed Mercenary - 05-12-2015

That Roman Numerals poster is hilarious. Just the right amount of "why didn't they just google it?!" needed.