Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) (/showthread.php?tid=9737)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kage - 01-26-2015

(01-24-2015, 11:14 PM)Nako Wrote: IIRC Godbert wasn't on the syndicate at the time of the vote on the Domans.
I -think- this is during the vote or the discussion.
[Image: Syndicate_2.jpg]

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Inessa Hara - 01-26-2015

I faintly remember during. . . what was it, 2.2? 2.3? One of the patches whenever this meeting took place, not all of the members of the Syndicate were present. Cant exactly remember who, but it was 2 people who were not there.

With that said, I dont think were out of the wood's regarding character death's yet. It is the finale after all so there will be major events happening.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kage - 01-26-2015

So apparently, if you did 2.2 Hildibrand before the MSQ, you'd have had this.
[Image: ffxiv_pub_patch2.2_04.png]

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Sounsyy - 01-26-2015

(01-24-2015, 08:30 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(01-24-2015, 03:50 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: [Image: OxrnIfo.png]

Momodi in Revenant's Toll

Adding to the list of patrons at Rowena's Cafe of Splendors is... Gerolt! Who will turn up next?!

(01-26-2015, 09:22 AM)Kage Wrote: So apparently, if you did 2.2 Hildibrand before the MSQ, you'd have had this.
[Image: ffxiv_pub_patch2.2_04.png]

Also Kage, yes, thank you! ^^ Those screenshots you posted are of the Doman vote and Godbert votes nay.

http://ff14net.2chblog.jp/archives/43082260.html

There's also this elezen lady who I don't know (or her name)

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Sounsyy - 01-26-2015

(01-26-2015, 11:44 AM)Kage Wrote: http://ff14net.2chblog.jp/archives/43082260.html

There's also this elezen lady who I don't know (or her name)

Ah, that's Mother Miounne!

[Image: 9a3565e5.jpg]

So we have Momodi, Miounne, Gerolt, and Godbert so far. Two Adventurers' Guild leaders, a man in serious debt to Rowena, and Godbert, who is either an innocent patron, or is secretly helping to fund the construction of Revenant's Toll. Perhaps after he turned down the Domans he's grown a conscious? Would explain his recent appearances in the Starlight Festival, the last Hildibrand cutscenes, and the upcoming Manderville Gold Saucer.

So should we be on the lookout for Baderon?

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Edgar - 01-26-2015

I desperately want to see the lovely ladies of the Missing Member show up and trash the place.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Steel Wolf - 01-26-2015

Is it at all possible that Godbert is there as a placeholder? I mean...I don't know the guy terribly well, but from the little I've been exposed to him, he didn't strike me as the sort to turn down refugees?

...I has a confuse.

(01-26-2015, 12:03 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Is it at all possible that Godbert is there as a placeholder? I mean...I don't know the guy terribly well, but from the little I've been exposed to him, he didn't strike me as the sort to turn down refugees?

...I has a confuse.

Godbert Manderville is a bonafide member of the Syndicate since the Calamity, replacing Eolande Quiveron (the former director of Phrondale's Phrontistery) who was killed in the Calamity.

But you are correct in that refusing the Domans was seemingly uncharacteristic of the Godbert Manderville we know from other quests. I mean, in the Hildibrand and Starlight quests he's seen going out of his way to be a charitable person.

[Image: 51aaf921a068d609b7b3f242.jpg]
Eolande Quiveron seen here on the far left.

(01-26-2015, 09:22 AM)Kage Wrote: [Image: ffxiv_pub_patch2.2_04.png]

In this picture, the Syndicate members from furthest away to closest are:

Left
-Lord Lolorito of the East Aldenard Trading Company
-Prior Dewlala, Director of the Milvaneth Sacrarium
-Godbert Manderville, Goldsmith Extraordinaire

Right
-Raubahn Aldynn, General of the Immortal Flames and owner of the Coliseum
-Prince Teledji Adeledji of the Mirage Trust
-Fyrgeiss, Chief Foreman of Amajina & Sons Mineral Concern

We also know of two other former Syndicate members besides Eolande. A man named Rycharde, who is not the same person as Rycharde Mistbeard (dev confirmed), who used to own the Coliseum before Raubahn Aldynn bought him out in the year 1570 6AE. And a Lalafell named Cicidoa Sosodoa, who we know absolutely nothing about.

It's very possible that all things in Eorzea are canon in the Hildibrand line but the Hildibrand line isn't completely canon. The antics and the way Godbert acts in the Hildibrand line may not be quite what he is in the main story. Godbert is able to exert all he can in the Hildibrand line but in the main story he's just as chained in the Syndicate. He's just a wealthy guy.

Herding wealthy people is even harder than herding cats.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Telluride - 01-26-2015

(01-26-2015, 01:56 PM)Kage Wrote: It's very possible that all things in Eorzea are canon in the Hildibrand line but the Hildibrand line isn't completely canon. The antics and the way Godbert acts in the Hildibrand line may not be quite what he is in the main story. Godbert is able to exert all he can in the Hildibrand line but in the main story he's just as chained in the Syndicate. He's just a wealthy guy.

That still doesn't excuse him from being asked what he was doing during the Battle of Carteneau, when a SuperSa... er, Manderville Man might have been, oh... useful? We just won't get a serious answer.

If he was at Cartenau he might just be ole Eolande. (Not that she died because of Cartenau). You know, he could be dead. Godbert isn't an adventurer. He's not a hero. He doesn't -want- to be one from the looks of it.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Berrod Armstrong - 01-26-2015

(01-26-2015, 02:21 PM)Telluride Wrote:
(01-26-2015, 01:56 PM)Kage Wrote: It's very possible that all things in Eorzea are canon in the Hildibrand line but the Hildibrand line isn't completely canon. The antics and the way Godbert acts in the Hildibrand line may not be quite what he is in the main story. Godbert is able to exert all he can in the Hildibrand line but in the main story he's just as chained in the Syndicate. He's just a wealthy guy.

That still doesn't excuse him from being asked what he was doing during the Battle of Carteneau, when a SuperSa... er,  Manderville Man might have been, oh... useful? We just won't get a serious answer.
His son had just shot himself into space to punch the moon! He was probably on bereavement leave.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Telluride - 01-26-2015

(01-26-2015, 02:26 PM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote:
(01-26-2015, 02:21 PM)Telluride Wrote:

That still doesn't excuse him from being asked what he was doing during the Battle of Carteneau, when a SuperSa... er,  Manderville Man might have been, oh... useful? We just won't get a serious answer.
His son had just shot himself into space to punch the moon! He was probably on bereavement leave.

Good grief, don't tell Raubahn that. Or Merlwyb.

Comparing grand company leaders to some guy who's just plain rich doesn't quite cut it. Godbert isn't the warrior of light. He's not an adventurer. He's chosen not to be. He chose to be a manly as fuck crafter. He can defend himself and his family. He can rightfully choose to not go to arms for people. It's his life.

Fault him all you want, he doesn't owe anyone squat.