Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) (/showthread.php?tid=9737)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Ashren Dotharl - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 04:00 PM)allgivenover Wrote: What's even more interesting about the Wanderer's Palace HM quest is that the gay couple doesn't talk about their being the same gender directly at all as a problem, but they do so about being an interracial couple.

Says a lot about Eorzean culture.
Given that you an do an Eternal Bond with someone of the same gender and no one bats an eye about it in the game, this isn't surprising at all. There are still a lot of racial prejudice that we see quite often in the game however, especially involving the Miqo'te, so it's really not that big of a shocker they would gloss over the same sex couple but not the interracial couple part.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - allgivenover - 01-29-2015

For me, it confirms it as more than just a concession for modern minded players.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kellach Woods - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 03:35 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Potential thread derailment here, but this seemed like the best place to post it just in case of spoileration to others who may have not done it yet.

I ran (finally) WP Hard last night.  Soooo fun...but what I'm posting about was the victory cutscene.  I just had to say that I am so happy I decided to not skip it.  Absolutely LOST IT with lols.

You go, Tonbabies.  You freakin' go.

I think this is just to show the players that the Tonberries remain not anything to fuck with, and it's really just because the Tonberries themselves did not expect that particular Mamool Ja clan to be hostile. Aka they got punked yo.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Cato - 01-29-2015

I like that nobody seems to raise an eyebrow in regards to same-sex pairings. Eorzea doesn't need to mirror real world issues and neither does it need to revolve around medieval or religious morality.

I really like characters who just happen to be gay instead of characters that exist as a walking stereotype or one trick pony.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kellach Woods - 01-29-2015

It's also kind of reversed stereotype because it's the highlander who's getting all weepy about the Tonberries.

Also could be more of a sign of Japanese sensibilities here than anything but still.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kage - 02-06-2015

I don't remember what thread people posted the NPCS visiting Rowena's cafe but Baderon is there

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kellach Woods - 02-06-2015

(02-06-2015, 11:22 AM)Kage Wrote: I don't remember what thread people posted the NPCS visiting Rowena's cafe but Baderon is there

This thread I think.

Yeah I expected Baderon to show up after Momodi did - Likely Mother Mionne will show up as well.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kage - 02-06-2015

Mother Miounne was confirmed shown awhile ago through some japanese screens

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kellach Woods - 02-06-2015

Ah, yeah.

So we were only missing Baderon?

I'd not be surprised to see Buscarron too.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Aysun - 02-06-2015

On that note, I've noticed that they NPCs showing up only appear on your screen. I was standing there with a friend and he was commenting how one of them were there, but they didn't show up on my screen. No one at all! I imagine this is so that people don't downright swarm the NPC when they want to play triple triad. >>;

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Yssen - 02-06-2015

(01-29-2015, 07:15 PM)Ashren Snow Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 04:00 PM)allgivenover Wrote: What's even more interesting about the Wanderer's Palace HM quest is that the gay couple doesn't talk about their being the same gender directly at all as a problem, but they do so about being an interracial couple.

Says a lot about Eorzean culture.
Given that you an do an Eternal Bond with someone of the same gender and no one bats an eye about it in the game, this isn't surprising at all. There are still a lot of racial prejudice that we see quite often in the game however, especially involving the Miqo'te, so it's really not that big of a shocker they would gloss over the same sex couple but not the interracial couple part.

Do not kill the messenger on this one, but this is because Eternal Bonding isn't a marriage. It looks like a marriage, it quacks like a marriage, but it is not a marriage. No necessarily at least. It CAN be a marriage, but it can just as easily not be one. 

This and it is preformed by an ecclesiastical body that while certainly recognized by the other city states, is not the end all be all authority for them in terms of religion. That distinction goes to the city-states own existing religious institutions (the Fain, the Thaumaturges, etc.). One can assume that each city-state has their own marriage customs, ceremonies, etc.

Lastly, while interracial marriage is certainly a thing, getting every race and tribe to sign off on it as a whole would probably be a little trickier. Duskwights and Wildwoods seeking to get bonded or married would likely have people in their respective tribes screaming bloody murder of the idea. The same can probably be said for others.

Just some food for thought.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Steel Wolf - 02-08-2015

I FINALLY finished all the Hildy stuffs last night. And now I wish we had some weaponized frying pans. <3

What a series of quests. I hope Hildy comes back in a little while. I think a break from him would keep people recharged and ready for him to arrive. Though I'm quite curious as to what connection the Gold Saucer has to the Mandervilles....

Guess we'll have to Look Forward To Itâ„¢

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kellach Woods - 02-10-2015

(02-08-2015, 02:34 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: What a series of quests.  I hope Hildy comes back in a little while.  I think a break from him would keep people recharged and ready for him to arrive.  Though I'm quite curious as to what connection the Gold Saucer has to the Mandervilles....

Guess we'll have to Look Forward To Itâ„¢

Well, Hildy certainly went... Heavensward at the end of that. So I'd wager we won't see him until then.

Manderville Gold Saucer? I'd say financed by Godbert.