Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) (/showthread.php?tid=9737)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kellach Woods - 01-21-2015

Wow, of all the people you could kill, you had to kill the only interesting scion? :/

Also, dunno about Echidna, but they might be saving him for Eureka, considering both Amon and Scylla are bosses from that area and they're actually in ST.

Also, yo Minfillia calm down it feels like you're coming on to me.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Parvacake - 01-21-2015

The hints of Ascians being from another world (save two of them) made me kinda squee. I doubt he was referring to the intermediate space they kept talking about before. Possibilities, possibilities...

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kellach Woods - 01-21-2015

I know it won't happen since we're going to save the day.

But GODDAMN am I cheering for Ellie and Cecy's scheme to work.

Also, internally called it that Godbert's wife was stronger than him.

For real though, can we... move on from Ul'dah? Like, seriously, MSQ's been all about Ul'dah and so has Hildibrand quests.

YO WHAT THE FUCK HILDIBRAND KNOWS EXACTLY HOW PRIMALS ARE FORMED!?

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kage - 01-21-2015

It seems this thread is for story but I'm going to address this.
(01-21-2015, 12:28 AM)Koporo Wrote: [*]No upgrade ingredients for Ironworks, and no encrypted tomestones. Now that's just pissing in my cornflakes.

Go to St. CONACHS and speak to the FemRoe. In order to not have equipment drop to the floor and have Equpiment and uparade itemp on the same lot restrictions they made the upgrade item(s) a separate quest similar to the i90 exextreme primal weapons.

Only carbon coat is available at the moment. The others will be added at a later date. They never said they will add them all at the start.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Yssen - 01-21-2015

(01-20-2015, 11:11 AM)Zyrusticae Wrote: WELL THEN.

Massive spoiler time:

Midgardsormr TAKES AWAY YOUR BLESSING OF LIGHT. YOU BECOME AN EVERYMAN.

Congratulations, you are now nothing special. Rejoice.

Remains to be seen if Blessing of Light is the same as the Echo. I am guessing it is not. If it was, the Ascians would still not be able to enter, because Minfillia.

(01-21-2015, 03:25 AM)Yssen Wrote: Remains to be seen if Blessing of Light is the same as the Echo. I am guessing it is not. If it was, the Ascians would still not be able to enter, because Minfillia.

Might just be that Midgardsormr took both away.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Yssen - 01-21-2015

Again. Remains to be seen. Blessing of Light and Echo are clearly both two different things, though. 

IMO, Mins or one of the Archons would know you lacked Echo, since they could sense it in you in the first place. One of them would have said something about it being gone somewhere in there, I am pretty sure. Your mileage is free to vary though.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Erik Mynhier - 01-21-2015

I was kind of bumbed with the anti-climatic ending of this sets MSQ. That Ascian was a dumb villain, "Oh I can come and go!", "I cannot be stopped!", "I'm just going to keep going and going and..." And yet when the confrontation happens, and it didn't even feel like a build up, it felt like he was just popping in to f**k with them like Q on Star Trek, and after all his bluster he is defeated by a de-powered WoL, a near-dead fem-roe, and a crying/screaming/useless Minfilia. What?!?! That's all it took? That is sloppy writing.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Parvacake - 01-21-2015

Minf is this game's equivalent of Princess Peach!

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Ashe - 01-21-2015

I dropped my controller when the echo was taken away.
HOWEVER having the new minion (for RP) purposes stupidly made me happy because of IC thingies with my character.
Anyways, I am not 100% done with 2.5 (stupid servers shut down)....but I got the spoilers.  

Though.....if your character made a pact with Midgardsormr, then what will the Ishgardians think in Heavensward when we walk into their city like "sup guys, btw this dragon thing, no big deal" >>  Just a thought.

I'd wager that this will be conveniently ignored like, y'know, the Beady Eye in cities.

In so far as the pact with Midgardsormr goes, think we're all jumping the gun a bit here. 2.5 isn't even close to done (two more patches!) with MORE UL'DAH MSQ COMING and likely the setup to Heavensward, which will include more Midgardsormr goodness.

Also, obvious betrayal for Teledji from the 1st and 3rd unit of the Crystal Braves incoming. The setup wasn't subtle, and quite frankly I just shook my head. Ilsabard just CONVENIENTLY has his unit in Northern Than? You're doing a shady transaction with the Lalafell who's name I forget but all he talks about is how much money he's worth/making?

C'mon now.

On the subject of the Ascian being a dumb villain, I think he did his job - In that he was a new character made solely for the purpose of getting killed. Had it been anyone we actually cared about in terms of Ascians we'd be angry that they went out like punks, and I'd rather the fight itself (where he's frighteningly efficient if your group isn't on the ball - my group's 4 wipes to comets attest to it) show how competent he is than bumbling through cutscenes and then just groaning at our OWN incompetence.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Steel Wolf - 01-21-2015

Ilsebard's coming backstab is definitely being telegraphed harder than a dungeon boss, for sure...unless there's some other little twist that's coming above and beyond that. But I doubt it.

I'm most compelled by what Midgardsormr is up to. My head is just still whirring with what he could possibly be working towards and what it all means for Ishgard.

Recall, too, that the preview trailer for this patch had Iceheart just standing there at the bridge to Ishgard destroying the ward. So it'll be definitely interesting to see where she fits into this chorus thing. Assuming she hears it. Or if not, Middy's reaction to it all.

Man I can't wait for this all to pull together. Meantime, I'm eager to tank runs and unlock the HMs and wait for Gold Saucer goodness. :D

Also, I have to pick up the Hildy line back up. Just recently beat Greg, so it's time to get that whole thing going.

If you're doing Hildy all in a row, some of the cameos in the 2.5 line won't surprise you, but you'll enjoy it all the more because you'll have a greater idea of the impact he can have. Also, don't discount ANYTHING you remember from that questline - It all comes back and ties into the epilogue quite nicely.

It's a very fun line that blends seriousness and the Hildy brand (pun... sorta intended) of humor that made the quests so danged enjoyable. Honestly, in my opinion, it's much better written than the MSQ by a mile.

I've not done the Big Keep fight, mind, but I hear it's a fun one.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Gegenji - 01-21-2015

I remember reading some theorizing at one point that the Ascians are molding the PC as much as the Scions, so Middy's comment about whether we're a tool or not had me raising an eyebrow.

Hydaelyn's power is fading - remember, she barely had enough power to block the one Ultima and you had to destroy the Weapon before the second one goes off. Perhaps trading the weaning power of a loving, caring figure for the blessing of a powerful wyrm readying himself to return to the scene is for the best. Especially since he's basically kicking you in the pants and being all "pay attention and start thinking for yourself."

Of course, I only just unlocked the new trial in the MSQ, so there could easily be more stuff I'm missing.

... I just really wanted /hildy, okay? Also wanted to give Odin a shot and we bashed our heads against that wall until realizing we didn't have enough DPS to reach 15% before the seven minute marker, let alone finish him off. Also WoD.

There was a lot to do!

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Boo the Hamster - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 03:25 AM)Yssen Wrote:
(01-20-2015, 11:11 AM)Zyrusticae Wrote: WELL THEN.

Massive spoiler time:

Midgardsormr TAKES AWAY YOUR BLESSING OF LIGHT. YOU BECOME AN EVERYMAN.

Congratulations, you are now nothing special. Rejoice.

Remains to be seen if Blessing of Light is the same as the Echo. I am guessing it is not. If it was, the Ascians would still not be able to enter, because Minfillia.
The Echo is not taken away.  Remember, the Ascians speak an entirely different language than Eorzean. One who doesn't have the Echo, such as Moenbryda would not be able to understand it, which she stated plainly when she asked you what the hell whatshisface was talking about.

The Echo is not the same thing as the Blessing of Light, the blessing was introduced as of 2.0, while the Echo has several areas both in 1.0 and 2.0 where it is used to understand those you normally wouldn't be able to.