Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) (/showthread.php?tid=9737)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Cato - 01-21-2015

If nothing else the latest Ascian fight was a lot better than the laughably simple version back in the Praetorium in terms of game mechanics. It's not the most difficult fight out there but the mechanics cannot be ignored or there's a guaranteed wipe.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kage - 01-21-2015

But the Blessing was what kept me from being primal tempered! T_T

HOW WILL I GET A PONY NAO :<

I'm joking. I'm pretty sure it's implied if not outright stated that the pact made with Midgardsormr is in fact stronger in its protections for us than Hydaelyn's because of her waning presence/power.

Also, I'm totally getting into the whole idea that the mount you get is Midgardsormr.

I will gripe about the game's usage of "era-speech" that they had in the main story quest. I was more than annoyed having to "translate" the text for myself to make sure I understood what was going on.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Steel Wolf - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 09:52 AM)Kage Wrote: But the Blessing was what kept me from being primal tempered! T_T

HOW WILL I GET A PONY NAO :<

Never give up hope for ponii.

(01-21-2015, 09:52 AM)Kage Wrote: I'm pretty sure it's implied if not outright stated that the pact made with Midgardsormr is in fact stronger in its protections for us than Hydaelyn's because of her waning presence/power.

Considering death was a nap to this guy and his ghost was able to breathe life in to dead dragons? I'd daresay that Hydaelyn ain't got nothin' on Middy.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Cato - 01-21-2015

I suspect that the Au Ra may end up being Dravanian defectors who aren't all that interested in destroying Ishgard. We can only speculate, of course, but I think the Holy War isn't going to be as black and white as people were initially led to believe. Neither Shiva or Midgardsormr strike me as outright villains so I can see that theme continuing into the next expansion.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Kage - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 10:03 AM)Graeham Ridgefield Wrote: I suspect that the Au Ra may end up being Dravanian defectors who aren't all that interested in destroying Ishgard. We can only speculate, of course, but I think the Holy War isn't going to be as black and white as people were initially led to believe. Neither Shiva or Midgardsormr strike me as outright villains so I can see that theme continuing into the next expansion.
I am definitely of the mind that the Holy War isn't something that Ishgard is Right!!!! Dravanians Wrong!!!!

The Ascians have had a hand in the Ishgardian dealings. Considering their "immortality" I wager that they've had a hand in Ishgard for a while.

I'd like to believe that Midgardsormr is trying to act as a liaison or "Navi" for you for the future.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Coatleque - 01-21-2015

What a twist!

Everyone is expecting Ishgard to be opened in the expansion.

Little do we know it is not as an ally, but an enemy.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Zyrusticae - 01-21-2015

I am bemused that they introduced Moenbryda in 2.4 and then kill her off in 2.5. Though the Ascian got it even worse, being killed off in the same patch he appears in (which is the equivalent of introducing a major villain only for them to be defeated in the same episode in a TV series - what is this, a Super Sentai show?), though he did at least put up quite a good fight before he went.

They served their purposes, I guess.

On another note, what did Midgardsormr mean when he said he had a pact with Hydaelyn, and what did he mean when he said he "consent"? Consent to trading places with her, to lessen her burden, perchance? I mean, that seems like an awfully nice thing for a dragon to do, but I wouldn't put it past him. The fact that he intercepted the Garleans in the first place indicates to me that he probably isn't a bad guy, though he does have that typically Dravanian condescending manner.

I wish he told us why he intervened in the Battle of Silvertear Lake. An explanation of that would be incredibly revealing... which is why I guess they haven't told us yet.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - V'aleera - 01-21-2015

Nabriales was also introduced in 2.4. He was the one who groomed Iceheart into becoming capable of summoning Shiva.

I wish they'd killed off Minfilia instead. I do hope I'm not the only one who finds her role as the constant damsel in distress very grating. You'd think that she'd have learned her lesson after being tortured by Livia and at least invested in some sort of self defense - even if it's as simple as a hidden dagger or some armour.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Warren Castille - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 12:02 PM)Graeham Ridgefield Wrote: I wish they'd killed off Minfilia instead. I do hope I'm not the only one who finds her role as the constant damsel in distress very grating. You'd think that she'd have learned her lesson after being tortured by Livia and at least invested in some sort of self defense - even if it's as simple as a hidden dagger or some armour.

Perhaps if she'd been born a Roe and carried a greataxe...? I can't see that backfiring at all.

There's also the strange fact that right now, I think only two people have the Echo canonically; WoL and Minf. I thought at first that the Scions must have it, but Moen didn't, and then I remembered that the Path of the Twelve was initially constructed around finding other people with it and trying to understand it.

Then all of those people died.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Parvacake - 01-21-2015

Even though there is more of the patch to look forward too, I don't think they'd do something like taking away the blessing of Hydaelyn without that being something long term. Also doesn't sound like our new little minion will be doing anything anytime soon save watching us and giving the occasional commentary.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Warren Castille - 01-21-2015

People were speculating why we weren't being given a new Primal fight. This is a pretty good answer why. We're arguably susceptible to anything that tempers now!

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Gegenji - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 12:17 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: People were speculating why we weren't being given a new Primal fight. This is a pretty good answer why. We're arguably susceptible to anything that tempers now!

Unless we're effectively "claimed" by Middy now and things continue as normal.

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Coatleque - 01-21-2015

We've all been indoctrina... I mean tempered, already. We're doing the Reaper's... I mean Primals' bidding and don't even realize it!

RE: 2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!) - Steel Wolf - 01-21-2015

The second I saw Moenbryda, I immediately yelled "LOOAAAAAD CHARACTEERRRR!" Pity, because she was damned interesting. Steel and her could have had so many drinkies.

So many drinkies.