Hydaelyn Role-Players
Glamour Requests - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Glamour Requests (/showthread.php?tid=9769)

Pages: 1 2 3

Glamour Requests - Ilwe'ran - 01-22-2015

Bayohne Wrote:Q22: Are there any plans to remove restrictions on the glamour system (unable to glamour gear that the job/class cannot equip)?

A22: Unfortunately, there’s a certain image that we would like to sustain for FINAL FANTASY XIV. We feel that it would confuse the new players if they see casters in heavy armor and tanks in mage gear.

However, if there’s any specific gear you would like to glamour, we will consider those requests individually so please request them through our official forums.

Alright ladies and gentlemen.

Following this, I would like to do a topic asking for some glamours, but I think this might be smarter if I ask here what people would like to centralize all the answers, then asking people to bump the topic on the official board.

On my side, I would simply ask them to group the glamour possibilities as follows :
- Disciple of magic together.
- Rogue, Pugilist Archer together.
- Gladiator, Marauder, Lancer together.
- AF & PVP gear classe / job only.

But as it seems they want to keep some sort of restrictions (*sighs*) lets play with their rule and make an appropriate topic with our request one by one.

PS : This isn't a topic to discuss about SE answer to this questions (if you wanna rant about this, you can do it > there <).

Show Content

RE: Glamour Requests - Kellach Woods - 01-22-2015

I don't think there's anything currently in the game that I'm thinking I need for another class...

Wait, no, I've got it, but it's not related to class, so I don't think they'd consider it.

> Remove gender restriction on starter gear.
> Make all Hempen Undershirts/Camise/Underpants/Pantalettes applicable to all races/clans

RE: Glamour Requests - TheLastCandle - 01-22-2015

This is where I kick myself again for not keeping my "dated" gear from 1.0. To be a Lancer in plate, or an Archer in a chain hauberk. To dream..

That being said, one thing I'd really like to glamour:

Leatherworker's Gloves: Rogue, Archer, Lancer, Monk

Leatherworker's Workboots: Rogue, Archer, Lancer, Monk

Leatherworker's Trousers: Rogue, Archer, Lancer, Monk

Selfishly, because honestly it would look great with the Adders DoW jerkin.

RE: Glamour Requests - Melkire - 01-22-2015

Their statement flies in the face of the SMN I saw the other night wearing Dated Horn Scale Mail. Likewise for Dated Gauntlets/Sabatons on DoW. Especially true for everyone tanking in swimwear glamours.

Glamours I Want:

Fuma Hakama -> GLA/PLD, MRD/WAR
Warrior's Cuirass -> GLA/PLD
Blacksmith's Goggles -> DoW

EDIT: Removed the rant b/c I didn't see Ilwe's disclaimer. Oops.

RE: Glamour Requests - Merri - 01-22-2015

Saurian Tabard of Aiming and the Cashmere Skirt of Aiming. All DoW.

Must have dyable Foestrikers on my Ninja. Must.

RE: Glamour Requests - Ilwe'ran - 01-23-2015

Updated the first message (and I totaly agree Merry, I need my skirt to hide my lack of butt TOO !)

RE: Glamour Requests - Aduu Avagnar - 01-23-2015

The cashmere stuff for mages available across all DoM classes, I want a dyeable acolytes set for my BLM

RE: Glamour Requests - Warren Castille - 01-23-2015

I wish they would have looked at things similar to WoW's armor proficiencies. Of course, I say this as Glorious Plate Master Race.

For those unfamiliar, all armor in Warcraft is sorted out similar to Dungeons and Dragons: Cloth, Leather, Mail and Plate. Higher proficiencies allow you to wear anything below it, which meant that Rogues could wear dresses, Hunters could wear leathers and Warriors could wear anything not class-specific.

RE: Glamour Requests - Kellach Woods - 01-23-2015

(01-23-2015, 07:22 AM)Ilwe Wrote: Updated the first message (and I totaly agree Merry, I need my skirt to hide my lack of butt TOO !)

We all have a lack of butt. Kell included. Sad

RE: Glamour Requests - Kage - 01-23-2015

Less Job specific items and/or make more DoW/DoM gear. Stop the Job specific items that have occurred since hitting level 50.

Specifically, I want to be able to have separate jobs use shared-DoW with different glamors. PLD and WAR wearing Ironworks fending? One wears the PLD PVP armor, the other wears WAR AF. Same thing for Summoners and Black Mages.

RE: Glamour Requests - Telluride - 01-23-2015

(01-23-2015, 12:55 PM)Kage Wrote: Less Job specific items and/or make more DoW/DoM gear. Stop the Job specific items that have occurred since hitting level 50.

Specifically, I want to be able to have separate jobs use shared-DoW with different glamors. PLD and WAR wearing Ironworks fending? One wears the PLD PVP armor, the other wears WAR AF. Same thing for Summoners and Black Mages.

Fistbump and sagenod to this. If my character can master every class, why do I have to change weapons just to change clothes, at least in terms of what I can Glamour? Why can't I mix and match appearances? I don't see how wearing a BLM top to tank in is any worse than wearing a costume bikini, which is already been done rather heavily now anyway.

I know in other games, the complaint from PVPers has been that it makes it more difficult to know who is playing what part of the Trinity, but I haven't really taken that seriously in the past, and even less so in FFXIV.

RE: Glamour Requests - Kage - 01-23-2015

The glamor was an issue once in PVP for FFXIV. People tried to mask what they were going as. So glamor had been disabled.

Then FFXIV put in the Job name markers.

Fixed -_-

RE: Glamour Requests - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-23-2015

(01-23-2015, 01:01 PM)Telluride Wrote:
(01-23-2015, 12:55 PM)Kage Wrote: Less Job specific items and/or make more DoW/DoM gear. Stop the Job specific items that have occurred since hitting level 50.

Fistbump and sagenod to this. If my character can master every class, why do I have to change weapons just to change clothes, at least in terms of what I can Glamour? Why can't I mix and match appearances? I don't see how wearing a BLM top to tank in is any worse than wearing a costume bikini, which is already been done rather heavily now anyway.

I know in other games, the complaint from PVPers has been that it makes it more difficult to know who is playing what part of the Trinity, but I haven't really taken that seriously in the past, and even less so in FFXIV.

They probably restrict it because it was a nightmare in 1.0. Like some of the dated gear mentioned, it was equipable by -anyone-. ...So new players would end up wearing gear that wasn't for them, like a CNJ in heavy plate mail. ...I do think they could relax the gear requirements though, since DoM and DoW seems plenty. It's not difficult to tell any class/job apart in appearance, save SCH/SMN.

RE: Glamour Requests - Aaron - 01-23-2015

I just want one glamor SEEN Q_Q

Monk Melee Circlet on my NIN

RE: Glamour Requests - Aya - 01-23-2015

Almost entirely unrelated, but I just want more skirts!  Some short skirts that aren't mini-skirts, and some knee-length ones would be nice, thank you!