Hydaelyn Role-Players
Balmung Restriction Discussion - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Balmung Restriction Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=9805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Berrod Armstrong - 02-18-2015

*Sits here with his 8 characters on the server since before Christmas*

...ayep.

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Desu Nee - 02-18-2015

*Has 5 alts still level one just in case*

I think you guys are paranoid.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kage - 02-18-2015

(02-18-2015, 08:55 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: *Sits here with his 8 characters on the server since before Christmas*

...ayep.

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!

Unfortunately it was right before Christmas when it become much harder to get a character or alt into Balmung.

Anyway, it seems that Balmung has been opening Mid Weekday 3-5am PST.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Verranicus - 02-18-2015

I got my friend on the server this morning around 6AM EST. It's definitely doable.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kailia - 02-18-2015

well unfortunately last night I was in bed asleep. 3 days running trying to get the alt made, left me exhausted. Tonight though, I hope is the night that the server opens up again.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kailia - 02-19-2015

Well server is open as of 3:53 AM PST. So it looks like I was just trying on a bad set of days (Weekend and monday lol) and looks like mid-week at a time when the sun aint even thought of coming out yet, is the best times for people to make chars.

But regardless, it's going to be hells making an Au Ra in the expansion, unless they do something.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kage - 02-19-2015

(02-19-2015, 07:53 AM)K Wrote: and looks like mid-week at a time when the sun aint even thought of coming out yet, is the best times for people to make chars
This has basically been the case for... half a year now? I don't remember exactly -when- the restrictions started to be the case but it's been awhile that the only times I could create a character on Balmung was to wake up early at 4am-5am PST and make it.

May? Sometime when kage became a Manqote. I think we started to have to try to caution friends and direct them how to create a character around then.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Naunet - 02-19-2015

(02-19-2015, 07:53 AM)K Wrote: Well server is open as of 3:53 AM PST. So it looks like I was just trying on a bad set of days (Weekend and monday lol) and looks like mid-week at a time when the sun aint even thought of coming out yet, is the best times for people to make chars.

But regardless, it's going to be hells making an Au Ra in the expansion, unless they do something.

It's also rather unacceptable that the only way to really make a new character on Balmung is to destroy one's sleep for a night. -_-;

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kurt S. - 02-20-2015

*Laughs at the fact that he can churn out an alt after most dinnertimes.*

*Only has 5 characters*

*Is not maximizing his opportunities v.v*

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kage - 02-20-2015

(02-19-2015, 06:54 PM)Naunet Wrote: It's also rather unacceptable that the only way to really make a new character on Balmung is to destroy one's sleep for a night. -_-;
Gilgamesh is under the same time constraints, though not as strict (instead of Balmung's 'some days at 3am-5am PST' it is pretty much all weekdays).

So as to not clog the other thread with discussion:

(02-20-2015, 09:14 AM)A Wrote:
(02-20-2015, 08:24 AM)Vulture Wrote: Balmung has been open around this time for at least the past 3 days. I wonder why.

Maybe loosening up on the restrictions a bit?
It was my original hypothesis that sooner or later the restrictions would "return" to normal: Which for the last few months before Christmas was: Weekdays, maybe Saturday 3am-5am maybe 6am PST openings.
The Saturday time may be off or non-existent now cause I haven't done that since like June/July ish.

It was a question of when because I viewed the really strict restrictions during this Mid-Dec to Mid-Feb time period as a time for the active concurrent populations to stabilize. Free periods (aka the 30 days) and actual free play periods coupled with holiday purchases meant more people, more friends, etc.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Naunet - 02-20-2015

I don't think I'd count those times as "loose". xP

Well if you were against those times you are about 6 months too late to start complaining about them. Yes it started to have very small windows since even before August.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Naunet - 02-20-2015

This certainly isn't the first time I've called SE bad on their character restrictions. Been doing it almost since the moment they closed down creation, so no need to try and diminish my arguments with that line.

In whose book is the ass crack of dawn only actually an acceptable thing to have?

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - SicketySix - 02-21-2015

(02-20-2015, 09:34 PM)Naunet Wrote: This certainly isn't the first time I've called SE bad on their character restrictions. Been doing it almost since the moment they closed down creation, so no need to try and diminish my arguments with that line.

In whose book is the ass crack of dawn only actually an acceptable thing to have?

If you are a hunter/fisher, you'd know that the "ass crack of dawn" is also the Beattie to get things done.

Just sayingSmile