Hydaelyn Role-Players
Balmung Restriction Discussion - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Balmung Restriction Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=9805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kage - 03-08-2015

Take note that most of the times we've seen it open have been at 3am Pacific - 5am Pacific mid-week (Wed-Thurs).

This is just unfortunately the more limited of what it was a few months ago which was 3am-5am everyday.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Heart Quintessence - 03-08-2015

Maybe we need to make a BIG sticky :

If you are attempting to make a new character on Balmung try SUPER early (3-5am +) on a Weekday morning (usually mid-week)

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Faye - 03-08-2015

(03-08-2015, 06:53 PM)Kage Wrote:
(03-08-2015, 06:43 PM)Faye Wrote: The restriction could be preventing us all from playing XIV with Gerard Way right now.

Let that sink in...
...who?

You know--that one guy from that one band that was relevant to angsty teens in 2005.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kage - 03-08-2015

Ohhh I never listened to them...

I just... listened to that other angsty band starting with Good and ends with Charlotte.

But that's what we could do. We could have someone edit the opening post and title for the Balmung thread possibly to reflect it?

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Heart Quintessence - 03-10-2015

So has anyone has any luck with stepping into a the game when the PSN side is down if they're on PC. for creation of a character?

Like that's going to happen then evening?

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - K'nahli - 03-13-2015

I just can't seem to find an opening time anymore. I just logged in and did a search only to find that there was something like 85 people afk'ing in the three city states alone though, at this time of day.... and I just can't help but wonder how many of them just leave their computers on all day instead of logging out ;

Are restrictions also related to the amount of people in the starting areas? Or is that no longer in effect?

EDIT:
IT JUST OPENED. I typed my name so fast... I hope I didn't make a mistake...

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Nebbs - 03-13-2015

You can see from the official notice Regarding Character Creation Restrictions that they are doing something. However I have been looking for an opening and have not seen Balmung open in a while.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kellach Woods - 03-13-2015

(03-13-2015, 07:08 AM)Nebbs Wrote: You can see from the official notice Regarding Character Creation Restrictions that they are doing something. However I have been looking for an opening and have not seen Balmung open in a while.

That's an automated notice that does absolutely jack shit in the grand scheme of things. It's always on top to show which realms are accepting characters, but it's not updated as soon as there's a change (I've seen it say Balmung wasn't open when there was a 2 hour window where it was) and more importantly isn't actually doing something about the problem.

That page is the "Caution : Wet Floor" of actually doing something about it.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Heart Quintessence - 03-13-2015

Balmung is open currently , so give it a shot no if you're hunting!

I got it and it rocks!

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Warren Castille - 03-13-2015

Everyone take note:

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/7646466e34be540314cfa6810da8874de9c8642b

NA Data server maintenance!

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on the North American data center. During this time, players may be temporarily unable to connect to the North American data center, or may become disconnected from the server, but gameplay will be possible by logging in again.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
From Mar. 15, 2015 4:00 to Mar. 15, 2015 10:00 (GMT)

[Affected Worlds]
- North American data center Worlds

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kage - 03-13-2015

(03-13-2015, 02:45 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Everyone take note:

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/7646466e34be540314cfa6810da8874de9c8642b

NA Data server maintenance!

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on the North American data center. During this time, players may be temporarily unable to connect to the North American data center, or may become disconnected from the server, but gameplay will be possible by logging in again.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
From Mar. 15, 2015 4:00 to Mar. 15, 2015 10:00 (GMT)

[Affected Worlds]
- North American data center Worlds
For people who don't live in Euro land and don't want to convert themselves...

Mar. 14, 2015 9:00 p.m. to Mar. 15, 2015 3:00 a.m. (PDT)

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kage - 03-15-2015

I tried to check if Balmung was open once people could finally connect to the server... but I found out both Gilgamesh and Balmung were still closed.

I wonder if everyone being stuck in an instance/DC'd in an instance is still considered to have congested the servers

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Kellach Woods - 03-15-2015

(03-15-2015, 11:29 AM)Kage Wrote: I tried to check if Balmung was open once people could finally connect to the server... but I found out both Gilgamesh and Balmung were  still closed.

I wonder if everyone being stuck in an instance/DC'd in an instance is still considered to have congested the servers

Seems like this maint also caused an issue - A lot of us are getting the Waiting in Queue : 1.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Heart Quintessence - 03-15-2015

I just logged all the way back out, ( closed out the launcher as well) and the logged in, and it had 28 people in the que and then i got in.

RE: Balmung Restriction Discussion - Gegenji - 03-15-2015

(03-15-2015, 12:09 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote:
(03-15-2015, 11:29 AM)Kage Wrote: I tried to check if Balmung was open once people could finally connect to the server... but I found out both Gilgamesh and Balmung were  still closed.

Seems like this maint also caused an issue - A lot of us are getting the Waiting in Queue : 1.

Ah, yeah, I'm getting that. Thought it was just a normal queue at first but it kept "refreshing" the waiting in queue window. Logging all the way out and trying again worked, though.