Hydaelyn Role-Players
Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (2/27/2015 IS GREENLIT) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (2/27/2015 IS GREENLIT) (/showthread.php?tid=9812)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Friday Night Fisticuffs (Friday Nights at 10pm EST) (2/27/2015 IS GREENLIT) - ChewableMorphine - 01-27-2015

Greetings and salutations, fighters of Eorzea!

It is I, the one and only Hyena, Gentleman and incredibly handsome agent of pandemonium. I come to you, the people, in this well-thought advertisement with this idea: 

Another weekly fight club.

"But Thal's Balls, Flynt We already have the Grindstone, why do we need another!?" I'm glad you asked, inconspicuous reader. Friday Night Fisticuffs will be a more lighthearted and casual event, aimed towards silly and generally more stylish accessible bouts ultimately giving people an excuse to fight before preparing for the Grindstone (an already well-established fight club held saturdays at 10:00 pm EST). Now now, I know you all love your fighting pits, but this isn't your grandpappy's ring of honor; this is Friday Night Fisticuffs; a place where we sort the puppies from the big dogs.

The Need-to-Know:

1. Fights are virtually the same as any other, three hits and it's a win, however we strongly encourage the use of /Random, this doesn't rule out the use of Rolz, but the 1-999 system allows the spectators to see the rolls in action. Also, filthy console players (Like myself), don't need to pull up their comps to roll on.
  2. We'd like to push the idea that the higher your roll, the more outrageous your attack/defence may be. For example, Fighter A rolls a winning offensive roll  of 999; this lucky duck can cast Ars Arcanum using a skillet with such a roll. It will always be one hit, but it will be a doozy. Same goes for low rolls, abuse the lightheartedness! Roll a 7 and still manage to be the top roller? Sneeze so hard your head recoils away from the incoming blade. This is an event centered around  lighthearted fun, an exhibition tourney to allow people to get a name for themselves, have fun with it, it's for making friends, not being the best. (OOC at least).
  3. Though Friday Night Fisticuffs is generally an exhibition event, donations can be taken to form a pot given to the champion upon completion.
  4. We're pitching this at Ward 8 of The Goblet, at the Brimming Heart (The very middle), where the arena is the shallow pool (X:11 Y:10), it's nice and spacious, a vista overlooking the entire fight allows ease of access for spectators without interference, plenty of places for players to roleplay throughout, as well. 
[Image: kU9PB3s.jpg]
[Image: kwdlURf.jpg]
*Elegantly drawn Bombard not included.

What We Need

• Staff [Medics, Overseers, etc]!
  • Competitors!
  • Even people willing to co-host, though I'd prefer you contact me through PM with that.
  • Publicity!

So in all, I'd like to just post this idea here to see if it picks up attention. If it gets enough groundswell I'll post in this thread the date of the first Friday Night Fisticuffs, thanks for bothering to read my cockemamey schemes.

Yours, Flynt Reddard

RE: Flynn Fister's Friday Night Fisticuffs Pilot Project - DoomsdayClock - 01-27-2015

I am certainly interested.

RE: Flynn Fister's Friday Night Fisticuffs Pilot Project - Inessa Hara - 01-27-2015

Me as I read that the power of the attack is determined by the roll number:  OTP OTP OTP OTP OTP.   Laugh

Are there any specific rules that apply? Such as weapons are not allowed (cause of fisticuffs) No magic, no murderous intent when going into a fight, etc.

RE: Flynn Fister's Friday Night Fisticuffs Pilot Project - ChewableMorphine - 01-27-2015

I was thinking it through, but really the 'fisticuffs' part is more for wordplay, I'm going to allow magic seeing if it really won't be that big of a factor. Assuming that a BLM won't spamming Fire III or something else seemingly unblockable. I'd like to see a fight with a SMN though, the winning factor being the defeat of the summoner/Egi and soforth.

Rules I'm more certain on are as following:

All weapons are legal, it's a show of flare, no need to censor your armory.

No certainly unblockable attacks, give room for error need it be your attack whiffed unless you're pretty damn certain it's your winning hit.

No healing until after the battle (Duh.)

Mounts ARE permitted, as long as the opponent is mounted as well at the start of the match (I'd love to see two DRGs have a joust on their Chocobos).

Kill your opponent and you get a Photon Stream to the face, any permanent damage to a character can be permitted as long as an overseer and your opponent consent to the happening. Again, it's for giggles and farts, not crippling agony, but I won't stop you.

Summonables are allowed, trickery is allowed (NIN Hide, DRG Jump, Sacred Soil, third party shenanigans [like that one guy who liked to whip marmots about])

Magic is allowed (Including Mudras)

I'll be overseeing the fights on a Magitek Reaper [It's the closest thing to a referee's stand] at the back wall of the arena, and if there's any rules broken, I'll issue a warning (which won't be that uncommon, but also really lax seeing how it's not a huge deal. I'd only be flexing that power when something gets Mary Sue levels of stupid). If the place gets busy, I also picked out a couple more locations for fights to be held (though I'll need people to oversee them for me).
But yeah, fire me any other questions regarding things I haven't touched up on so I can shine light on it and make up an answer on the spot.

RE: Flynn Fister's Friday Night Fisticuffs Pilot Project - Gegenji - 01-27-2015

(01-27-2015, 12:54 PM)Flynt The Hyena Wrote: I'd like to see a fight with a SMN though, the winning factor being the defeat of the summoner/Egi and soforth.

So, when are we gonna get into Pokeyman battles between Egi and Carbuncles?

RE: Flynn Fister's Friday Night Fisticuffs Pilot Project - Steel Wolf - 01-27-2015

Oh....

...oh HOH HOH.

Cleo is SO IN ON THIS. :D

RE: Flynn Fister's Friday Night Fisticuffs Pilot Project - ChewableMorphine - 01-27-2015

(01-27-2015, 12:55 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 12:54 PM)Flynt The Hyena Wrote: I'd like to see a fight with a SMN though, the winning factor being the defeat of the summoner/Egi and soforth.

That may or may not have been exactly what I was getting at.

RE: Flynn Fister's Friday Night Fisticuffs Pilot Project - Gegenji - 01-27-2015

(01-27-2015, 01:12 PM)Flynt The Hyena Wrote:

I approve. Especially if you make Pokemon Stadium-esque commentary during.

(01-27-2015, 01:19 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 01:12 PM)Flynt The Hyena Wrote:

I approve. Especially if you make Pokemon Stadium-esque commentary during.
Finally a reason to whip out Pokemon Stadium's audio files on my comp... Tonberry

RE: Flynn Fister's Friday Night Fisticuffs Pilot Project - Telluride - 01-27-2015

What, no minions?

I want to see Chachanji ride Gran into battle.

I want to hear Monty Python jokes when the Nutkins get brought out.

I want to see a Goobbue sproutling eat Minigardsormr.

Of course, if I tried this, the Puff and the Succubus would starting bickering with each other. There's no living with those two.

(01-27-2015, 01:44 PM)Telluride Wrote: What, no minions?

I want to see Chachanji ride Gran into battle.

I want to hear Monty Python jokes when the Nutkins get brought out.

I want to see a Goobbue sproutling eat Minigardsormr.

Of course, if I tried this, the Puff and the Succubus would starting bickering with each other. There's no living with those two.

I'm not all that impartial to such an event taking place. Perhaps one day I'll host a minion-only Fisticuffs tourney...

It'd have to be dedicated to minions though, so perhaps at another designated date.

RE: Flynn Fister's Friday Night Fisticuffs Pilot Project - E'jusana - 01-27-2015

Oh! This sounds exciting! I love how it's going to be laid back, I can't wait to see all the crazy stuff that will definitively be said and done. Ana is going to be so stoked to be a spectator cheering everyone on! Laugh

Also, I read through the thread a few times now but still haven't found where it says what time you will be holding the event. Am I blind or was it not said yet? >.<

(01-27-2015, 02:28 PM)E Wrote: Oh! This sounds exciting! I love how it's going to be laid back, I can't wait to see all the crazy stuff that will definitively be said and done. Ana is going to be so stoked to be a spectator cheering everyone on! Laugh

Also, I read through the thread a few times now but still haven't found where it says what time you will be holding the event. Am I blind or was it not said yet? >.<

I have not decided yet! Though, this is starting to look promising, so I'll host the first Fisticuffs

This Friday, January 30th at 10pm EST
*If I'm not at work, which will be announced later today.
If I cannot host it, I'll have to postpone it to a later date.
[Time may also be subject to change to possibly 11, again, all has to do with my job]

RE: Flynn Fister's Friday Night Fisticuffs Pilot Project - Steel Wolf - 01-27-2015

*takes off on the rocket fuel of squee*

Cliaux shall be there with fists and cuffs ready!! :D

RE: Flynn Fister's Friday Night Fisticuffs Pilot Project - Warren Castille - 01-27-2015

(01-27-2015, 03:12 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: *takes off on the rocket fuel of squee*

Cliaux shall be there with fists and cuffs ready!! Big Grin

The sex dungeon thread that-a-way, dude.