Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Punny Hero/Heroine - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: A Punny Hero/Heroine (/showthread.php?tid=9858)

Pages: 1 2

A Punny Hero/Heroine - Ligardian Dreamer - 01-29-2015

This thread is brought to you by the Dreamer who loves wordplay...

What if there was a hero/heroine who's move names are puns?...

Such as:

See you Blader!

or

Fangs for nothing! -or- Fangs for your death!

For those who like to support: 

Gator Aid - A healing move
&
Power Aid - A buff move

And for you gunners out there:

Cocky Shot

as well as

Shot through the heart! or Bad Name Bullet

What other pun-filled move names can you gun up with?

((....Ugggh... I am so not funny, I'm sorry... But I like making corny, groan-inducing, face-palmable jokes, sue me... TT^TT ))

RE: A Punny Hero/Heroine - Gegenji - 01-29-2015

A thread all about me? I'm honored. Blush

Seriously, though, anyone in my LS and FC know I'm a terrible punster. That has even seeped into Chachan's... "move set" if you will. In fact, if you look at the old "If Your Character was in a Fighting Game" thread, you'd see a bunch of them. Most notably "Hare Splitter" and "Caught'em Tail" to fit with his rabbit theme.

RE: A Punny Hero/Heroine - Ligardian Dreamer - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 05:00 PM)Gegenji Wrote: A thread all about me? I'm honored. Blush

Seriously, though, anyone in my LS and FC know I'm a terrible punster. That has even seeped into Chachan's... "move set" if you will. In fact, if you look at the old "If Your Character was in a Fighting Game" thread, you'd see a bunch of them. Most notably "Hare Splitter" and "Caught'em Tail" to fit with his rabbit theme.

Ah, I see that now. I saw the thread floating around but I never did bothered to check it until now >w<

Heh, you're not the only punster then... X3

RE: A Punny Hero/Heroine - Aya - 01-29-2015

Noooooooooo! I can't get away from it in-game, now its going to chase us on the forums too? ^_^

RE: A Punny Hero/Heroine - Bopdoot - 01-29-2015

I'll make lalafell named Punny Bones and he will be questing to find his Sensahuma.  Tongue

(01-29-2015, 05:21 PM)Aya Wrote: Noooooooooo! I can't get away from it in-game, now its going to chase us on the forums too? ^_^

I'm sorrry~ Q/w/Q

(01-29-2015, 05:35 PM)Bopdoot Wrote: I'll make lalafell named Punny Bones and he will be questing to find his Sensahuma.  Tongue

Lolsome! X3 and Sensahuma?.... Who/what?

RE: A Punny Hero/Heroine - allgivenover - 01-29-2015

On a scale of one to ten I give your puns Elezen.

(01-29-2015, 06:44 PM)allgivenover Wrote: On a scale of one to ten I give your puns Elezen.

Haahaahaa, I get it~ X3

RE: A Punny Hero/Heroine - Bopdoot - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 05:55 PM)Ligardian Dreamer Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 05:21 PM)Aya Wrote: Noooooooooo! I can't get away from it in-game, now its going to chase us on the forums too? ^_^

I'm sorrry~ Q/w/Q

(01-29-2015, 05:35 PM)Bopdoot Wrote: I'll make lalafell named Punny Bones and he will be questing to find his Sensahuma.  Tongue

Lolsome! X3 and Sensahuma?.... Who/what?

Cry I was alluding to an old video game.  I thought SOMEONE might have gotten it XD (skip 30-40 seconds in)..(and yes that's John Rhys Davies)

http://youtu.be/OWsowc2q79U?t=24s

RE: A Punny Hero/Heroine - Ligardian Dreamer - 01-30-2015

Ah-ha! I get it.... Ugh, it seems I'm getting punned rather than giving back but... I only made this post mainly for the "See you Blader" bit... ><;;; I'm losing my touch.... or my sense in this case...

Who's John Rhys Davies?

RE: A Punny Hero/Heroine - Bopdoot - 01-30-2015

>_> he's the actor that played Gimli in the LOTR movies (among many other things, but  I assume would be his most recognizable).

RE: A Punny Hero/Heroine - Ligardian Dreamer - 01-30-2015

(01-30-2015, 01:01 AM)Bopdoot Wrote: >_> he's the actor that played Gimli in the LOTR movies (among many other things, but  I assume would be his most recognizable).

I've seen the whole LOTR trilogy and The Hobbit movies too but I'm the type who's not savvy about the actor that plays the character, you get what I mean? >w<; It's likely just me who wouldn't recognize such things right away until it's spelled clearly in front of me.

RE: A Punny Hero/Heroine - Bopdoot - 01-30-2015

XD he looks faaaairly different but he has an iconic voice,at least to me. :3

RE: A Punny Hero/Heroine - Jancis - 01-30-2015

Jancis is a conjurer so maybe something like... Rocky.

A Rock in a Hard Place -  o_O

Rock On - ...Huh

Hard Rock Cast-ee - instead... instead of Cafe... hello? Sleepy

[Image: why-are-you-lying-17-photos-8.gif]

RE: A Punny Hero/Heroine - Gegenji - 01-30-2015

(01-30-2015, 10:39 AM)Jancis Wrote: Jancis is a conjurer so maybe something like... Rocky.

She can be pretty stone cold sometimes. But flies quick as an Aero to help people, as well.