Hydaelyn Role-Players
Server restrictions suck! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Server restrictions suck! (/showthread.php?tid=9884)

Server restrictions suck! - Tistan - 01-31-2015

Why is it so impossible to start a character on Balmung? I just want to rp Sad

RE: Server restrictions suck! - Enla - 01-31-2015

There's a few reasons that people have discussed. The fact that it's a legacy server means there's proportionally more characters registered to it than on the non-legacy servers, which probably gives the system a bit of a headache when determining if an opening is available. Secondly, this game doesn't have a kick mechanic, meaning that people can stay AFK for hours without being kicked to ease server congestion. I'm unsure if this affects the FF14 servers like it does others, but that could be a contribution.

My advice? Wait for the early morning times and sometimes there's an opening. Either that or wait for scheduled maintenance and as soon as it ends zerg EVERYONE you want to make onto the server. That way you can have characters on standby if you ever want to play another. Either that, or do what I did with Cylin and pay for a transfer. It sucks to do, but sometimes it's the easiest option.

RE: Server restrictions suck! - Tistan - 01-31-2015

Thank you! I'll probably just transfer. I only started playing this week. I heard the Rp community over here is really good. Smile

RE: Server restrictions suck! - Enla - 01-31-2015

The RP community is amazing, not going to lie. ^^ If you do transfer feel free to hit me up on Cylin or Enla - my two current characters who are actually in a playable state.

RE: Server restrictions suck! - Tistan - 02-03-2015

Well I did it. I transferred a character over. Not the one I wanted to transfer because some reason he doesn't show up on the mogstation for transfer. Only my level 1 alt does lol. Oh well. His name is Kaladin Ashensong. Where are the main rp hubs at?

RE: Server restrictions suck! - Gegenji - 02-03-2015

The biggest hub of folks loitering around looking for RP tends to be the Quicksand, but you can find it elsewhere as well.

RE: Server restrictions suck! - Atoli - 02-03-2015

(02-03-2015, 04:18 PM)Tistan Wrote: Well I did it. I transferred a character over. Not the one I wanted to transfer because some reason he doesn't show up on the mogstation for transfer. Only my level 1 alt does lol. Oh well. His name is Kaladin Ashensong. Where are the main rp hubs at?

The Quicksand is the first place I can think of! Also, if you read the service requirements, you might have missed a few in trying to transfer your character and that might be why they didn't show up. Make sure to read 'em! The most likely possibility is that you didn't complete the first few quests or the character isn't 3 days old, I'd think.

RE: Server restrictions suck! - Tistan - 02-03-2015

I read through them all but I'm pretty sure he met all of them. He's 3 days old and level 10. Not in any FC or anything. *shrugs* who knows...I'll just try to transfer him again later.