Hydaelyn Role-Players
Do PS4 players have a hard time getting into raids? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Do PS4 players have a hard time getting into raids? (/showthread.php?tid=9885)

Do PS4 players have a hard time getting into raids? - Du'lance Fiourtune - 01-31-2015

I don't know why it has only now occurred to me, but being on the PS4, will I even be able to access the raids? Everything I've seen regarding raids is other Skype/TS which obviously, PS4 doesn't have.

Am I pretty much screwed out of 8 party raids?

RE: Do PS4 players have a hard time getting into raids? - Aysun - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 10:05 PM)M Wrote: I don't know why it has only now occurred to me, but being on the PS4, will I even be able to access the raids? Everything I've seen regarding raids is other Skype/TS which obviously, PS4 doesn't have.

Heck no, one of the people in my static use PS4. He just uses his laptop or phone for VOIP programs.

RE: Do PS4 players have a hard time getting into raids? - Du'lance Fiourtune - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 10:11 PM)Aysun Wrote:
(01-31-2015, 10:05 PM)M Wrote: I don't know why it has only now occurred to me, but being on the PS4, will I even be able to access the raids? Everything I've seen regarding raids is other Skype/TS which obviously, PS4 doesn't have.

Heck no, one of the people in my static use PS4. He just uses his laptop or phone for VOIP programs.
I'm without a laptop, and never thought about using my phone. Though i'm not even sure how that would work?

RE: Do PS4 players have a hard time getting into raids? - Aris - 01-31-2015

No, it's absolutely fine. Smile

I'm not sure about other VoiP but I know TeamSpeak is available on mobiles, and I have it on our ipad which works great. Like the pc version, you can leave the mic on, hold button to talk or use voice recognition so you dont have to take your hands off the controller. Tongue

If it occurs where you can't use a VoiP, macros are helpful if you haven't got time to type too.

RE: Do PS4 players have a hard time getting into raids? - allgivenover - 01-31-2015

Our Dragoon is on PS4. He uses his phone or laptop to skype with us, so no worries.

RE: Do PS4 players have a hard time getting into raids? - Caspar - 02-01-2015

I use PS3 with all the limitations that entails and I've still got a solid spot in a Final Coil static. :3

RE: Do PS4 players have a hard time getting into raids? - Du'lance Fiourtune - 02-01-2015

Thanks for the replies guys/gals.

Good to know I don't have the handicap that I originally thought I did.

Thanks!

RE: Do PS4 players have a hard time getting into raids? - Y'lani - 02-01-2015

TeamSpeak for a mobile device costs money, but I only use Skype for my phone and it works perfect! Though if you feel like you need it and you're willing to shell out the two dollars for TeamSpeak on the mobile device, you'll have no disadvantage for raiding. Big Grin

RE: Do PS4 players have a hard time getting into raids? - Ashe - 02-01-2015

I am on PS4 and use TS on my laptop and raid just fine >>
You can also use it on your phone.

RE: Do PS4 players have a hard time getting into raids? - Kage - 02-02-2015

The most common VOIP i see used are Teamspeak and Mumble, probably because they do come with Enjin and are generally better (in my experience) than Ventrilo.

This may cost you a little money but honestly the greatest factors are really skill at the job you end-game with and you are at the PSN mercy. Whether it's because PSN goes down or maintenance etc.

Most people tend to login and stay logged in to avoid issues with the maintenance.