Hydaelyn Role-Players
New RPer!! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New RPer!! (/showthread.php?tid=9887)

New RPer!! - vensondraix - 02-01-2015

hey guys~

I've played FFXIV for a while now and I've always wanted to have some fun with RPing but never got the chance. I recently transferred to Balmung so I'm hoping to have some great times with you all!

my character is Ven Sondraix, originally on Adamantoise. He's a Miqo'te Seeker. I played mostly healer, however I don't have much end game gear. My WHM is 50 and my SCH is 42, so I need to continue to work on that!

I've never RP'd before so this all is a little daunting. Let's see where this all takes me!

RE: New RPer!! - Kamome - 02-01-2015

Welcome! Let us know if you have any questions!

Enjoy Balmung. :)

RE: New RPer!! - Faye - 02-01-2015

Hello there, welcome to Balmung! It's always nice to see new people getting into RP. Big Grin If you have any questions, ask here and we'll do our best to help!

RE: New RPer!! - Ligardian Dreamer - 02-01-2015

Welcome! Don't worry, you'll be fine here. Once you get the idea on the info and how things go around in the RP community, you'll feel at ease X3

"May the path in the light of the crystal" be filled with many memories and experiences!

RE: New RPer!! - vensondraix - 02-01-2015

Thank you all! I'm not quite sure where to begin exactly. Any tips?

RE: New RPer!! - Desu Nee - 02-01-2015

(02-01-2015, 12:32 AM)vensondraix Wrote: Thank you all! I'm not quite sure where to begin exactly. Any tips?
1- RP
2- Have fun
3- ???
4- PROFIT

RE: New RPer!! - Zhavi - 02-01-2015

(02-01-2015, 12:32 AM)vensondraix Wrote: Thank you all! I'm not quite sure where to begin exactly. Any tips?

First, you're gonna need people to rp with. You can go about this in three ways:

1) Go to places where rpers tend to linger and hop into rp (either just start rping, or send a quick 'mind if I join?' pm to someone you see rping). A great place for this is Ul'dah -- it's easy to find people rping there, though the other cities also see their fair share of rp.

2) Talk to people oocly to set up rp ahead of time. This is my preferred method, though everyone is different. You can either talk to people here in pms, or try messaging people in game to set something up. Generally speaking, I just let people know I'm interested in their character and writing and would love to rp with them. People in this community tend to be kind and pretty willing to try out rp with a stranger so long as you're polite. If you are arranging rp ahead of time, make sure you understand the differences in time zones! Alternatively, you can always do forum rp here. Smile

3) Join a FC or LS and utilize those connections to get into rp.

Do note that, as with anything, ymmv. Some people have terrible results with option 3, while others absolutelyfuckinglove the connections and rp they've gotten with their LS or FC. Some people get super stressed at the thought of reaching out to someone else ala option 2, while others like me thrive on it. Some people get frustrated with the rp they find using option 1, while others swear by it.

The lesson to take from that is to keep trying, be patient, and try to remember that rp is a social activity, and on some level you're gonna have to put yourself out there. Be kind to yourself, and patient with yourself most of all. <3

RE: New RPer!! - Bahati - 02-02-2015

Welcome! You'll enjoy your time on Balmung, I know I have. I was new to MMO RPing but not totally fresh. I literally sat in the Quicksand to get my bearings by reading open RPs going on.

If you see Lyrik around, feel free to grab her for RP. She's very friendly!