Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rip snow coat, Cloud Strife outfit is 720 day vet reward - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Rip snow coat, Cloud Strife outfit is 720 day vet reward (/showthread.php?tid=9889)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Rip snow coat, Cloud Strife outfit is 720 day vet reward - Aaron - 02-01-2015

People didn't believe me when I said Fenrir and Clouds AC outfit would be put in XIV.

They laughed at my vision. I laughed at their screams.

ONCE AGAIN I HAVE FORESEEN THE FUTURE

RE: Rip snow coat, Cloud Strife outfit is 720 day vet reward - Desu Nee - 02-01-2015

(02-01-2015, 08:33 PM)Aaron Wrote: People didn't believe me when I said Fenrir and Clouds AC outfit would be put in XIV.

They laughed at my vision. I laughed at their screams.

ONCE AGAIN I HAVE FORESEEN THE FUTURE
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

you will probably not get it but I hold hopes someone will

RE: Rip snow coat, Cloud Strife outfit is 720 day vet reward - Aduu Avagnar - 02-02-2015

(02-01-2015, 07:04 PM)allgivenover Wrote:
(02-01-2015, 02:48 PM)Koporo Wrote: Faris was a transvestite dressing as a man.

Transvestite has a sexual fetish connotation focused on gendered clothing that doesn't apply to Faris. She was a woman living among pirates that hid her gender for her own safety, not because she got a sexual kick out of masquerading as a man.

Although during the ending she's very uncomfortable wearing a dress I think that's more because she doesn't like the idea of being forced into a gender stereotype she doesn't agree with.
In and of itself a transvestite is simply someone who feels comfortable in the clothing of the opposite gender. There are people that fetishise it, true, but there are people that fetishise feet.

RE: Rip snow coat, Cloud Strife outfit is 720 day vet reward - Flynn Rosenberg - 02-02-2015

That day when walking into Quicksand and almost everyone is wearing Cloud, Lighting and Snow clothes

[Image: S7Pzw95.gif]

RE: Rip snow coat, Cloud Strife outfit is 720 day vet reward - Kellach Woods - 02-02-2015

There's an easy solution to that : Stop going to the Quicksand.

That being said, I'm not entirely opposed to free stuff and more importantly I guess this would be a cool reward if you've been subscribed for 2 years. I'm just not happy that it's yet another FF7 related thing.

RE: Rip snow coat, Cloud Strife outfit is 720 day vet reward - Desu Nee - 02-02-2015

(02-02-2015, 08:19 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: There's an easy solution to that : Stop going to the Quicksand.

That being said, I'm not entirely opposed to free stuff and more importantly I guess this would be a cool reward if you've been subscribed for 2 years. I'm just not happy that it's yet another FF7 related thing.

Oi, Quicksand is actually really nice, specially since I'm a total newb level wise and can't go on those crazy events. FF7 and SE is like Lucario and Game Freak. They will make sure you remember it, whetever you like it or not.

RE: Rip snow coat, Cloud Strife outfit is 720 day vet reward - Zyrusticae - 02-02-2015

(02-02-2015, 07:06 AM)Nakoli Chalahko Wrote: In and of itself a transvestite is simply someone who feels comfortable in the clothing of the opposite gender. There are people that fetishise it, true, but there are people that fetishise feet.

Nah, transvestite definitely has fetish connotations, to the point where "wholesome cross-dressers" started using said phrase just to avoid said connotations. From the wikipedia article on the subject:
Quote:After all the changes that took place during the 1970s, a large group was left without a word to describe themselves: heterosexual males (that is, male-bodied, male-identified, gynephilic persons) who wear traditionally feminine clothing. This group was not particularly happy with the term "transvestism". Therefore, the term "cross-dresser" (which has exactly the same meaning as "transvestite") was coined. Self-identified cross-dressers generally do not have fetishistic intentions, but are instead men who wear female clothing and often both admire and imitate women.

Now, it IS a bit silly since transvestite literally means the same thing, but social mores tend to be weird like that. Smile

RE: Rip snow coat, Cloud Strife outfit is 720 day vet reward - Cato - 02-02-2015

(02-02-2015, 08:19 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: There's an easy solution to that : Stop going to the Quicksand.

I think a lot of people would, but it's pretty much the 'go to' area for a large portion of the community simply because that's where a consistent number of role-players can be found. Not everyone is fond of randomly turning up to arranged events, after all, especially since many may not fit their character's concept.

Granted, role-play can be found elsewhere too but it can be very difficult to get involved with it. A lot of people within this community like to present themselves as open and welcoming on this site to paint themselves and their buddies in a certain light but when approached in-game they can be very nasty and averse to outsiders.

The Quicksand isn't terrible though. It's just rather hit and miss - though there's some hidden gems to be found. The same can be said of pretty much every major hub in other MMO's too, be it Divinity's Reach in GW2 or Stormwind/Silvermoon in WoW.

RE: Rip snow coat, Cloud Strife outfit is 720 day vet reward - Bahati - 02-05-2015

Cloud is popular, I'm sure the majority rejoice. My best friend cosplayed this version. Now when I see it, all I can think of is him trying not to pass out in it, sweating, and his general misery.

Be careful wearing it out in the desert!

RE: Rip snow coat, Cloud Strife outfit is 720 day vet reward - allgivenover - 02-05-2015

(02-02-2015, 11:22 AM)Zyrusticae Wrote:
(02-02-2015, 07:06 AM)Nako Wrote: In and of itself a transvestite is simply someone who feels comfortable in the clothing of the opposite gender. There are people that fetishise it, true, but there are people that fetishise feet.

Nah, transvestite definitely has fetish connotations, to the point where "wholesome cross-dressers" started using said phrase just to avoid said connotations. From the wikipedia article on the subject:
Quote:After all the changes that took place during the 1970s, a large group was left without a word to describe themselves: heterosexual males (that is, male-bodied, male-identified, gynephilic persons) who wear traditionally feminine clothing. This group was not particularly happy with the term "transvestism". Therefore, the term "cross-dresser" (which has exactly the same meaning as "transvestite") was coined. Self-identified cross-dressers generally do not have fetishistic intentions, but are instead men who wear female clothing and often both admire and imitate women.

Now, it IS a bit silly since transvestite literally means the same thing, but social mores tend to be weird like that. Smile

It's a little silly, but as you said social mores bestow connotations. Myself and many other males that enjoy feeling pretty on occasion simply are not comfortable with the word transvestite as it was hijacked, given a fetish bend, and liberally used as a slur. It may not seem that way now, but that's because it's a dated term that you rarely see these days.

Personally I don't even like the term cross-dresser because it genders clothing, but the real world isn't tumblr, so I'll live with it.

Hell I don't even think it's possible for women in the modern, rational, western world to be considered a cross-dresser anymore because it's become mostly socially acceptable for them to wear whatever they want.

RE: Rip snow coat, Cloud Strife outfit is 720 day vet reward - Warren Castille - 02-05-2015

Where I come from, we've got a particular word for men who choose to wear skirts.

Show Content

RE: Rip snow coat, Cloud Strife outfit is 720 day vet reward - Inessa Hara - 02-05-2015

While I do not think Cross-Dressing is wrong (and I respect the people who disagree or agree with me) I do find it 'slightly' creepy, though that's because I was raised like a normal kid in a normal house (and I am a Heterosexual male).

With that said, I think this whole Cross-dressing/transvestite thing has been blown out of proportion here. This is a discussion about special outfits, remember?

(Just thought the topic should be put back on track.)

RE: Rip snow coat, Cloud Strife outfit is 720 day vet reward - Kilborne Bloodbane - 02-05-2015

(02-01-2015, 06:28 PM)ProvaDiServo Wrote:
(02-01-2015, 05:12 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: I have to wonder what's wrong wearing in-universe clothing. You know, as individuals of Eorzea and all that...

Why not just go play FF7 and FF13, then? Bah.../grumble

Cause I get tired of looking like A pirate with every peice of pugilist clothing that comes out XD

>He doesn't want to be a pirate.

What is wrong with you?

Show Content

RE: Rip snow coat, Cloud Strife outfit is 720 day vet reward - Avalt Laguz - 02-12-2015

While I'd prefer the Cloud/Zack SOLDIER uniform, I'm more than happy with the AC Wolf getup. I highly doubt using it as an IC getup, but I love the nods to previous FF characters!

Next; Aerith outfit/Beatrix armor or Lulu dress for the ladies please! And of course something for the guys Smile

RE: Rip snow coat, Cloud Strife outfit is 720 day vet reward - Blue - 02-12-2015

Those who want the SOLDIER look will probably be happy this set is missing the long sleeve (unlike me), since with DoL slops and snow's shoes and a pair of wristbands, you can pretty much get the SOLDIER look.