Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Semi Open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Semi Open) (/showthread.php?tid=9922)

Pages: 1 2

The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Semi Open) - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-02-2015

It is several bells into the night, and Evangeline looks over the empty cage for the tenth time, and tears apart her room for the fifth. All was to no avail, it was gone. The cage door was unlatched, swinging freely, its resident lost. Evangeline groans loudly.

"Vaughn is going to be so mad..."

Finally she steels herself, and bolts out of her room in her bathrobe. Winding the hallway before she stands before the indimidating door of Vaughn and Jaques's room.

"Vaughn! Jaques!" She pounds on the door loudly. "I need your help! It escaped!"

RE: The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Semi Open) - Antain - 02-03-2015

Vaughn stirs from his light sleep, groaning lightly as he looked at Jaques, who was already awake. Confusion crosses their features. What could possibly have gotten loose? What did Evangeline bring into their home this time?

Vaughn leaves the bed, reaching for his purple silk robe and tying it tightly around his slender form. Bits of the purposeful scarification peak from the left side covering his pec. He looks in the mirror and untangles his hair. "I'll ask."

Jaques gets out of bed himself and pulls on a pair of loose pants before Vaughn can get the door open. He leaves his scarred torso bare as he crosses the room to see what the commotion was about. His right side purposefully scarred from just under the armpit to just above the hipbone in what looked like a banner. His left pec and side having an old burn scar from a significant burn. His left upper arm having a simple red and black armband.

Vaughn opens the door to find Evangeline and raises a brow, still tired from lack of sleep. He speaks softly, "What do you need, Miss Evangeline?" Jaques smooths the hair of his beard from laying down while he listens to whatever Evangeline had to say.

RE: The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Semi Open) - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-03-2015

Evangeline seems haggard, her hair frazzled and her eyes dark. "Salisbury! He escaped!"

She peers into their bedroom, "Have you seen anything scuttling around?" She attempts to enter and look around, "Dark, Furry, about the size of a cat?"

"I just don't understand why he left. I took such good care of him." She frowns, turning to Vaughn, "Anyway, I can't find him!"

RE: The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Semi Open) - Antain - 02-03-2015

Vaughn frowned, looking to Jaques as the taller man approached to be behind him, blocking Eva's entrance. Vaughn turned back to her with a confused look. "Salisbury? Who's Salisbury?"

RE: The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Semi Open) - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-03-2015

"Who is Salisbury...? Err... you could say he's something of a pet? I purchased him in the Bazaar."

"All part of my new foolproof plot to destroy the syndicate!" She nods, suddenly proud of herself, "I was to sneak him into their meeting room, where he would give them a dreadful fright."

"After which they would be too scared to meet, worried that Salisbury might reappear."

She keeps peering around the room, "However, now he has escaped. Truly a major setback for the revolution."

RE: The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Semi Open) - DreamedReality - 02-04-2015

Frowns slightly at the description. Before turning and scanning the -mostly- empty room they'd claimed as their own. Most of their belongings still needing to be moved from the old place in Ul'dah. "Size of a small dog, that scuttles, and is intended to scare. What -is- it? A young antling soldier?"

RE: The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Semi Open) - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-05-2015

"It's a..." She looks away nervously, "Just a miniature giant desert tarantula."

"Named Salisbury."

She turns, almost pleading, "But he's very gentle, ok? I gave him a collar with a bell, he can't be that hard to find."

"He's domesticated, he'll hurt himself if he's left on his own." She clasps her hands together, "Will you help me find him? Please?"

"Pleasseeeeeee."

RE: The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Semi Open) - Antain - 02-05-2015

Vaughn raises his brows in surprise. "A...spider?! I...wait, what?!" He looks to Jaques with uncertainty. "A...collared and belled spider... Wh--" He shakes his head, rubbing his temples. Finally, he looks to Eva. "What possessed you to bring a spider here? Why not leave it with...wherever you were planning to scare?"

RE: The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Semi Open) - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-05-2015

"Well, I tried, but he gets lonely without company. In fact he might have just crawled into someones bed, he likes the warmth."

"I'm worried someone might squish him, Salisbury is a lover, not a fighter. He wouldn't hurt a fly. Actually that's a lie he loves to eat flies. But you get the point."

The faint tinkling of a bell can be heard down the hallway. "There! That's his bell!"

"Don't discriminate based on his species!" She starts to dart off down one side of the house, "You check the other side. I'll make it up to you later."

And with that, Evangeline vanishes.

RE: The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Semi Open) - DreamedReality - 02-06-2015

Tilts his head slightly, hearing the bell, "That or. . . the kitten. Lets hope we find this thing before the cat does. . ."

He looks to Vaughn, giving a light shrug, "You want to take the floor above? I'll take the other side?"

Meanwhile... Outside Angora's room, there is the sound of jingling.

RE: The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Semi Open) - Loe - 02-06-2015

What was that jingling noise...? He had heard it for a while now... Leaning up from the sofa he had been laying in with a book open, Loe stood, closing the book and tucking it under his arm as he moved to walk down the hall towards where the rooms were. The young Miqo'te stopped when he caught sight of Jaques and Vaughn. He hesitated before approaching them, as if unsure of their identity in the darkened halls.

Loe looked up at them with his large amber eyes, shifting down to the floor quickly. People didn't like being looked at, or at least, that's what he was taught growing up. He kept his shoulders down and his presence meek, not wanting to disrupt anything. Rubbing the back of his head, Loe shifted from foot to foot. "Er... I keep hearing a jingling sound... it's different from the usual sounds of people here at night as they... er... do things..." He'd quiet down, glancing up for a brief moment. "Do you know what it is?"

RE: The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Semi Open) - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-06-2015

As Loe speaks, he suddenly feels something furry and soft pressing and rubbing against his leg.

RE: The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Semi Open) - Loe - 02-06-2015

Upon feeling the fur pressing against his leg, the young boy would turn in a panic, his leg raising to... well, kick the cat away viciously as he staggered back into the wall, pale and looking like he just felt death touch him. He wouldn't even notice it was a cat. He'd slump against the wall and sink down, clearly terrified by the simple act of something touching his leg. Both his eyes were open, amber orbs wide in terror as he breathed rapidly and shallowly. He didn't scream though.

RE: The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Semi Open) - Lavi0623 - 02-06-2015

Quiet nights had become rare at The Rose. Angora was a light sleeper, so she wasn't exactly pleased to hear Eva yelling and banging on doors in the middle of the night. She'd learned to try and ignore it though so she just rolled over and curled up in her blankets in hopes that things would calm down eventually...

Hope being the key word. She sighed and pressed her face into her pillow once the yelling stopped and prayed that'd be the last of it for the next hour at least. Angora's ears perked up and twitched a bit when she heard a strange ringing near her room that she didn't recognize. She groans as she forces herself to leave the warmth of her blankets, rubbing her eyes and sleepily shuffling around her room to turn a light on. Running a few fingers through her hair to try and fix her bed head, Angora opens her door with a tired and grumpy look on her face. 

"What in the world is going on out here at this time in the evening...?" 

Angora yelps and jumps back into her room a bit as she sees a small cat sudden fly by her room.

RE: The Itsy Bitsy Spider (Semi Open) - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-06-2015

*purrrrr* *purrrr*

The housecat rubs up against Loe's leg, enjoying the sensation of a warm body when suddenly it feels itself sailing down the corridor.

*Mrowwwwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........*

Vaughn and Jaques see a furry orb sail past them and down the corridor, meowing all the way, until eventually a soft thump is heard.

As Angora jumps backwards into her room she feels a different soft and furry thing brush against the back of her head.