Hydaelyn Role-Players
The bored at work thread - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The bored at work thread (/showthread.php?tid=9994)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: The bored at work thread - Seye Qhesu - 02-20-2015

Yeah. Dealing with angry people who don't cancel their appointment and complain when they get a no show letter. The excuse right now is about how cold it is and why we shouldn't be open.

My bad for being a hospital with services to help people during all times of the year! But thank goodness it is Friday!

RE: The bored at work thread - Gegenji - 02-20-2015

(02-20-2015, 12:49 PM)Brianna Dunham Wrote: My bad for being a hospital with services to help people during all times of the year! But thank goodness it is Friday!

... Why would a hospital be closed just because it's cold? Seriously. Medical situations will happen regardless of temperature (and a few complications occur DUE to temperature!). Hospitals are one of those places on my list of places that should be open as much as possible, along with the Fire Department and the Police Office.

RE: The bored at work thread - Seye Qhesu - 02-20-2015

(02-20-2015, 12:51 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(02-20-2015, 12:49 PM)Brianna Dunham Wrote: My bad for being a hospital with services to help people during all times of the year! But thank goodness it is Friday!

... Why would a hospital be closed just because it's cold? Seriously. Medical situations will happen regardless of temperature (and a few complications occur DUE to temperature!). Hospitals are one of those places on my list of places that should be open as much as possible, along with the Fire Department and the Police Office.
Exactly. Wouldn't you want us opened? Just because it is negative 15 out doesn't mean we should close all group offices because you didn't care to call

RE: The bored at work thread - Alothia - 02-23-2015

I am all in my feels right now.

I was sitting at my desk when one of my students comes up to ask me a question. Somehow, another student starts calling to her across the room, and it is made known that said student isn't wearing underwear under her leggings. The only thing she said to me was, "Please don't tell my mom."

I swear, I can't make this shit up.

RE: The bored at work thread - Gegenji - 02-23-2015

I spent all of the first half of work today tidying and writing up a capper piece for a closed RP about Chachan. I don't know if I should feel good or bad about it. It's nice to have it all done, but at the same time... I feel kinda bad for doing it on the clock.

... I suppose I'll just have to work extra-hard on the new testing assignment that got handed to me last week. I just need to get ahold of the person who was going to explain to me how the application is supposed to work (so I can try to make it not do that!). Asked right away but she was busy and then... stuff came up for the OTHER project and, well...

I need to get back with her on it, is all. Blush

RE: The bored at work thread - Unnamed Mercenary - 02-23-2015

(02-23-2015, 01:08 PM)Gegenji Wrote: I spent all of the first half of work today tidying and writing up a capper piece for a closed RP about Chachan. I don't know if I should feel good or bad about it. It's nice to have it all done, but at the same time... I feel kinda bad for doing it on the clock.

... I suppose I'll just have to work extra-hard on the new testing assignment that got handed to me last week. I just need to get ahold of the person who was going to explain to me how the application is supposed to work (so I can try to make it not do that!). Asked right away but she was busy and then... stuff came up for the OTHER project and, well...

Here's an easy way to make sure it doesn't work!

[Image: laptop-exploding-battery-fire.jpg]

(02-23-2015, 01:10 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(02-23-2015, 01:08 PM)Gegenji Wrote: I spent all of the first half of work today tidying and writing up a capper piece for a closed RP about Chachan. I don't know if I should feel good or bad about it. It's nice to have it all done, but at the same time... I feel kinda bad for doing it on the clock.

Sssssssomehow I don't think they'll let me get away with doing that to government machines. Laugh

(02-23-2015, 01:12 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(02-23-2015, 01:10 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:

Sssssssomehow I don't think they'll let me get away with doing that to government machines. Laugh

They don't allow for overclocking? (only half-joking)

Is it another Visual Basic project? x_x

RE: The bored at work thread - PkThunda - 02-23-2015

I'm not bored at work; I'm bored at the doctors office waiting room. Poor Spahro has to wait with me... Its almost an hour after I should have been seen.
At least it's warm. We got a snow/ice storm and the roads are crap.

(02-23-2015, 01:14 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: They don't allow for overclocking? (only half-joking)

Dunno! Probably. They're actually having me doing PROPER bug testing this time - go through the application on the staging server, write down bugs, they fix them. No digging through the code to find the answers FOR them like the last one.

(02-23-2015, 01:35 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(02-23-2015, 01:14 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: They don't allow for overclocking? (only half-joking)

Dunno! Probably. They're actually having me doing PROPER bug testing this time - go through the application on the staging server, write down bugs, they fix them. No digging through the code to find the answers FOR them like the last one.

*Hands over a little object with "null" written on it* ...when all else fails, point to this.

Have fun testing!

(Meanwhile, I have printers exploding in the background and ticket scanners to update/ship. nofun.jpg)

RE: The bored at work thread - Seye Qhesu - 02-23-2015

Great Monday for me! Checkout at my favorite office
 Pizza party for lunch...hiliarious patients coming through.  Best way to start off the week.

RE: The bored at work thread - SicketySix - 02-23-2015

That nerdy moment your pregnant wife texts you at work asking "Got Dots" hinting that she wants some (it's candy, for those who don't know) And you reply no, "I'm not a Warlock".......

Even funnier when she is not a gamer and has no idea what you are talking about

#gamerinsidejoke

RE: The bored at work thread - Seye Qhesu - 02-23-2015

(02-23-2015, 05:58 PM)KingRanch Wrote: That nerdy moment your pregnant wife texts you at work asking "Got Dots" hinting that she wants some (it's candy, for those who don't know) And you reply no, "I'm not a Warlock".......

#gamerinsidejoke
I was just getting ready to post something like that. Alot of the girls in the office I was at are gamers. Most play COD though - and obviously have anger issues (its hilarious). ANYWAY! My back was hurting so I started to do a few stretches out on the floor. One of the girls asked what I was doing.

"Carrying all the damn noobs in this office."

Next thing I heard was "SNAP! SHE GOT YOU!" in the background from the office manager who plays WoW XD

AND this is why it is my favorite office.

RE: The bored at work thread - Jaliqai - 02-23-2015

(02-23-2015, 05:58 PM)KingRanch Wrote: That nerdy moment your pregnant wife texts you at work asking "Got Dots" hinting that she wants some (it's candy, for those who don't know) And you reply no, "I'm not a Warlock".......

#gamerinsidejoke

Just busted out laughing at work because now all I can think about it this:

Warning language and stuff. 

[youtube]0yKqKg6DfTY[/youtube]