Hydaelyn Role-Players
The bored at work thread - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The bored at work thread (/showthread.php?tid=9994)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: The bored at work thread - Kage - 02-24-2015

[Image: K85i6mv.jpg]
I needed this amusement.

Just not in my apartment.

My vacuum may or may not be broken.

RE: The bored at work thread - Gegenji - 02-24-2015

(02-24-2015, 03:42 PM)Kage Wrote: [Image: K85i6mv.jpg]

Hopefully that's a picture of someone else receiving the glitter-letter. :<

I heard about those things over the radio a couple weeks back, actually. Never actually bothered to look it up, though. The contents of the letter is a... nice touch.

(02-24-2015, 03:43 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(02-24-2015, 03:42 PM)Kage Wrote: [Image: K85i6mv.jpg]

Hopefully that's a picture of someone else receiving the glitter-letter. :<

I heard about those things over the radio a couple weeks back, actually. Never actually bothered to look it up, though. The contents of the letter is a... nice touch.
I found it on reddit's front page. I guess some time ago the person behind the website selling these got 20k in orders over 4 days, got overwhelmed, and sold it for $85k.

RE: The bored at work thread - Steel Wolf - 02-24-2015

I only just now realized that the quest that leads in to Choco Racing, "So You Think You Can Ride This Chocobo", is a reference to the Red Chocobo song.

...and now I have that song in my head. XD

"So cute yet fierce yea HE'S FROM HELL!!"

RE: The bored at work thread - Gegenji - 02-24-2015

(02-24-2015, 03:53 PM)Kage Wrote: I found it on reddit's front page. I guess some time ago the person behind the website selling these got 20k in orders over 4 days, got overwhelmed, and sold it for $85k.

... Wow. I would've used some of the money to hire someone to help with it and tried turning it into the most hate-profiting business in the world. Seriously. $20k in 4 days is really good.

... I wonder how long such a business would last, though. At least he got six figures for the idea.

(02-24-2015, 03:53 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: I only just now realized that the quest that leads in to Choco Racing, "So You Think You Can Ride This Chocobo", is a reference to the Red Chocobo song.

...and now I have that song in my head.  XD

"So cute yet fierce yea HE'S FROM HELL!!"

For those not in the know... enjoy.

[youtube]n7Z6v6gxvII[/youtube]

I'm not sure if it was 20k orders or orders amounting to $20k. Either way, still very impressive.

Also, is that the metal Chocobo song? Because I still can't believe that that shit exists.

RE: The bored at work thread - C'kayah Polaali - 02-24-2015

From what I understand, he started it as a joke, was surprised at how many people actually paid for the "service", and sold it because he didn't want to have anything to do with it.

It's been around for a while, though. It's at least past the restaurant death-zone in terms of business life.

Sorry you got that, Kage. That's a crap sort of day.

RE: The bored at work thread - Alothia - 03-11-2015

So bored, taking weird selfies. Ugh. Planning periods. I have a love hate relationship.
[Image: azOWIo0.jpg]

RE: The bored at work thread - Steel Wolf - 03-11-2015

That is a "I've read too much" face. I love it. <3

I just got off the phone with someone. Convo kinda went like this.

ME: Are you an AARP member?
LADY: Yes
ME: Then present your card for a discount.
LADY: Well I don't have that
ME: ...so...are you an AARP member?
LADY: No, but I'm old enough to be one.

CUSTOMER SERVICE, FOLKS!

RE: The bored at work thread - Gegenji - 03-11-2015

Gotta wonder about folks.

The application I bug tested had its staging last Tuesday and I had to stay five hours later that normal to help get it going. So, we run through our "test plan" and it turns out there was still a decent bug. One... I mentioned week one of the bug testing and they never fully "fixed." Datetimes are not HARD, people!

... At least the "overtime" meant I got to have a half-day on Friday.

As for today? I'm supposed to be doing some more normal bug testing on another application, but apparently the admin and user sides are both maintained with separate applications on separate servers so - shockingly - documents and such uploaded by one can't be seen by the other. So now they have to figure out what to do with it and what changes need to be made before I can resume testing.

In the meantime, I'm updating Chachan's wiki. So productive.

RE: The bored at work thread - Nebbs - 03-11-2015

(03-11-2015, 11:09 AM)Alothia Wrote: So bored, taking weird selfies. Ugh. Planning periods. I have a love hate relationship.
[Image: azOWIo0.jpg]

Aside from planning your periods - I'm not going there. You seem a quirk teacher, do you do this to the class?

RE: The bored at work thread - Alothia - 03-11-2015

(03-11-2015, 11:34 AM)Nebbs Wrote: Aside from planning your periods - I'm not going there. You seem a quirk teacher, do you do this to the class?

Actually, my students told me that they need to make a Vine of the many faces of Mrs. A
Apparently I make weird faces like that all the time without even noticing it. I do try to be animated. ^^

And yeah. Planning periods, not planning MY period. That pretty much happens whenever mother nature decides it does.

RE: The bored at work thread - Seye Qhesu - 03-11-2015

(03-11-2015, 11:26 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: That is a "I've read too much" face.  I love it.  <3

I just got off the phone with someone.  Convo kinda went like this.

ME:  Are you an AARP member?
LADY:  Yes
ME:  Then present your card for a discount.
LADY:  Well I don't have that
ME: ...so...are you an AARP member?
LADY:  No, but I'm old enough to be one.

CUSTOMER SERVICE, FOLKS!
We get this with patients all the time. They tell us they have insurance and then don't bring their card. We look online and they aren't a member.  Then demand that we instantly know their insurance and member number off the top of our heads.

RE: The bored at work thread - SessionZero - 03-11-2015

I feel the need to reiterate to no one in particular that IT technicians are not wizards. We are people with a generally better grasp on technology than the ever-ambiguous "you". 

When we cannot immediately fix your issue it does not mean we never will. It just means some extra research and/or trial and error is required to do so. 

However, giving us an attitude and hanging up, then calling back 10 seconds later in an attempt to get a different technician will only extend your woes and infuriate the people trying to help you. Stop it.

RE: The bored at work thread - Steel Wolf - 03-11-2015

Anyone here ever get the urge to draw but feels super-nervy about doing it when they're in an office surrounded by people?

I mean, last thing I need to do is explain to strangers why I'm drawing a giant woman swinging an axe....