Hydaelyn Role-Players
The bored at work thread - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The bored at work thread (/showthread.php?tid=9994)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: The bored at work thread - SessionZero - 03-11-2015

(03-11-2015, 12:39 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Anyone here ever get the urge to draw but feels super-nervy about doing it when they're in an office surrounded by people?

I mean, last thing I need to do is explain to strangers why I'm drawing a giant woman swinging an axe....
At work is pretty much where I do all of my drawing XD

Luckily my co-workers think it's the coolest thing ever.

RE: The bored at work thread - Seye Qhesu - 03-11-2015

(03-11-2015, 12:41 PM)SessionZero Wrote:
(03-11-2015, 12:39 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Anyone here ever get the urge to draw but feels super-nervy about doing it when they're in an office surrounded by people?

I mean, last thing I need to do is explain to strangers why I'm drawing a giant woman swinging an axe....
At work is pretty much where I do all of my drawing XD

Luckily my co-workers think it's the coolest thing ever.
Can't draw at work.  Considered personal time and patients will think I'm ignoring them...though most of the time I want to.

RE: The bored at work thread - Cliodhna Eoghan - 03-11-2015

back when i worked retail and the store was super dead at night; i'd use the catalog modles for reference and draw them but with fantasy clothes and fox ears...or as mermaids if some poses could be tweaked for it. i drew mostly on postit notes so they were easy to hide of someone did come in to shop xD

RE: The bored at work thread - Gegenji - 03-11-2015

Can this double as the "panic at work" thread too?

Because there's a new project that looks like is going to be dropped in my lap to make a new application. There's two other folks but one's basically a project manager from my understanding and another is someone I don't even know. I've been doing minor additions and adjustments to code for most of my time here and some bug testing.

I... uh... can't really remember how to do an application from scratch if that's what this is. Especially if they want it in VB.NET, since those I have done extensive work on were in C# and C++... over a year and a half ago. I'm left hoping there's something we can use as a base or something, since any hopes of this being just working one an existing app like the last few times was more or less dashed when I found out the plan to start this came out two days ago.

And, with how everything else has been here so far... I got a really bad gut feeling and it's freaking me out a little. I'm more or less jumping from zero to "Oh God, I'm gonna have to make this whole thing from scratch and I'll be lost and they'll think I can't code at ALL and I'll get fired." Cry