Hydaelyn Role-Players
The bored at work thread - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The bored at work thread (/showthread.php?tid=9994)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: The bored at work thread - Kestrael - 02-07-2015

(02-07-2015, 09:30 AM)Dulance Fiourtune Wrote:
(02-07-2015, 09:22 AM)E Wrote:
(02-06-2015, 03:35 PM)Kestrael Wrote: I too am a Floridian! I work for The Mouse and deal with "interesting" and entitled people all day.

Ah! One of my close friends works for The Mouse as well. She works the carousel and the princess picture area in Magic Kingdom <3 Hello neighbor!
Oh, I thought the Mouse was like a computer store or something haha

Ahha! Yes, The Mouse is Disney. I work for the Vacation Club division in their corporate office. Though I suppose The Mouse could very well be the name of a computer place!

RE: The bored at work thread - Loe - 02-07-2015

(02-06-2015, 11:53 AM)Elysia Wrote: I... teach. 

I suppose this gives a pretty good idea of what I go through most days: I live on the other side of the world (and therefore am 'bored at work' when most of you are resting), it's almost midnight right now, and I switch screens periodically between FFXIV and my Internet browser to source for 1200-word long articles to torture my students with for their mid-year examinations. 

I also have to contend with kids who write things like this:

Quote:For instance, you cannot expect a man with a height of 6"9 to mend a button on clothes with his huge hand, which a woman can perfectly achieve.
I'd be fired because I'd ask him what his excuse was for not being able to mend buttons according to his logic.

RE: The bored at work thread - Du'lance Fiourtune - 02-07-2015

(02-07-2015, 01:58 PM)Kestrael Wrote:
(02-07-2015, 09:30 AM)Du Wrote:
(02-06-2015, 03:35 PM)Kestrael Wrote: I too am a Floridian! I work for The Mouse and deal with "interesting" and entitled people all day.

Ah! One of my close friends works for The Mouse as well. She works the carousel and the princess picture area in Magic Kingdom <3 Hello neighbor!

Ahha! Yes, The Mouse is Disney. I work for the Vacation Club division in their corporate office. Though I suppose The Mouse could very well be the name of a computer place!
Though I've never worked at Disney, it being my wife's favorite weekend getaway, only being there 3-4 times a year, I can see the problem you'd have with self entitled people.

RE: The bored at work thread - Kestrael - 02-07-2015

(02-07-2015, 04:02 PM)Dulance Fiourtune Wrote:
(02-07-2015, 01:58 PM)Kestrael Wrote:
(02-07-2015, 09:30 AM)Du Wrote:

Though I've never worked at Disney, it being my wife's favorite weekend getaway, only being there 3-4 times a year, I can see the problem you'd have with self entitled people.

It is the most entitled place on Earth! Tongue

RE: The bored at work thread - Reshie - 02-07-2015

I feel for all of you programmer and government people. I worked for Medicaid in GA on a system older than myself... I wanted to hug a state programmer every time they told us we were getting a new feature or our older than dirt system would not be able to link up with a brand new system some random company put out. I truly wanted to send them chocolates or something because as big of a pain as it was to work with on my end I can only imagine the chaos and frustration on theirs. So *hugs* to all of the programmers, help deskers and government employees who are still having to go through all of this on a daily basis.

RE: The bored at work thread - Recoil - 02-07-2015

Not working, but...

Visiting a nearby cafe and studying for an upcoming calculus exam on tuesday. Whoo.

Listening to Liars while I study. Pretty good stuff.

RE: The bored at work thread - Du'lance Fiourtune - 02-07-2015

(02-07-2015, 05:53 PM)Fuzz Wrote: Not working, but...

Visiting a nearby cafe and studying for an upcoming calculus exam on tuesday. Whoo.

Listening to Liars while I study. Pretty good stuff.
I'd take working over studying any time, any day

RE: The bored at work thread - E'jusana - 02-08-2015

(02-07-2015, 04:23 PM)Kestrael Wrote: It is the most entitled place on Earth! Tongue

I worked at Discovery Cove for a summer. People there were bad too (If I never see a speedo again I will die happy Dazed ) but not anywhere near as bad as the tour groups that go though the different theme parks >.< 90% of tour groups are rude, loud, obnoxious, and think they can do whatever they please *sigh* <plastered grin> "happiest place on earth!" <sarcastic thumbs up>

RE: The bored at work thread - Steel Wolf - 02-08-2015

I work accommodations for a resort in New York. One lady who I always seem to get has the last name of "Dimento"

It's hard to not giggle inwardly when I'm speaking to someone who has a name like a comic book villain.

"I'll be happy to help you, Mrs. Dimento."

...I'm such a child. XD

RE: The bored at work thread - g0ne - 02-08-2015

I don't work, I study, does that count? 

It's not easy, it's frustrating, there is crying and hair pulling, head slamming and self slapping, there are expectations and competition,  it makes you want to sometimes jump off the roof, or unleash your parrots on the world and laugh diabolically! ...actually, scratch that parrot part. 

It counts, right?? Does it count? Undecided

RE: The bored at work thread - Steel Wolf - 02-08-2015

(02-08-2015, 10:30 AM)Eleni Wrote: I don't work, I study, does that count? 

It's not easy, it's frustrating, there is crying and hair pulling, head slamming and self slapping, there are expectations and competition,  it makes you want to sometimes jump off the roof, or unleash your parrots on the world and laugh diabolically! ...actually, scratch that parrot part. 

It absolutely counts, for sure. It's real-life tedium that makes you want to load yourself into a cannon in a chum outfit and fire yourself into a pool of sharks.

It counts.

RE: The bored at work thread - g0ne - 02-09-2015

(02-08-2015, 01:27 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
(02-08-2015, 10:30 AM)Eleni Wrote: I don't work, I study, does that count? 

It absolutely counts, for sure.  It's real-life tedium that makes you want to load yourself into a cannon in a chum outfit and fire yourself into a pool of sharks.

It counts.

*dresses up as a carrot and jumps into a cannon* 

FIRE! Fire, I say! I'm going to fly! 

*parrots severely disapprove*

RE: The bored at work thread - SicketySix - 02-09-2015

Good to say others are currently sharing my plight!

RE: The bored at work thread - Desu Nee - 02-09-2015

Could be worse. I could be without Internet.

RE: The bored at work thread - Gegenji - 02-09-2015

(02-09-2015, 10:02 AM)Desu Nee Wrote: Could be worse. I could be without Internet.

I work at a job where it'd be basically impossible to work without access to the Internet. Of course, they could also just go through and block everything they don't want us to have access to... but that's a lot of pages to blacklist.

Though, they DID block off YouTube for a bit. That got rescinded, probably because looking up "how to" videos and such is such a useful benefit against folks who use it to listen to music or watch clips of stuff during their lunch break.