What is The Dufresne Bellworks?
One part industrial powerhouse and one part charity, the Dufresne Bellworks operates as something akin to a Victorian Wayne Enterprises. While the majority of the Bellworks’ resources are invested in helping to develop and implement new technologies, thus helping to industrialize all of Eorzea, it uses the money earned from these enterprises for a variety of philanthropic causes, ranging from relief for Brume residents and Mhigan refugees to sending fighters to aid those too poor to hire adventurers.
The Bellworks began as a foundry in Ishgard that helped to fulfill the city’s various engineering needs. However, it has recently expanded into Ul’dah and is now seeking to extend its business to the whole of Eorzea. Although largely concerned still with Ishgardian matters, the company as a whole is beginning to meddle in the affairs of the other city states, looking to lend a hand – and land profits – wherever it can.
Would My Character Fit in The Bellworks?
Most likely! A company of this size needs experts of all sorts in order to survive, and to this end the Bellworks is hiring just about everyone: workers to man its mines and forges, crafters to draft new designs and equipment, mages and mercenaries to undertake and interpret research expeditions, miners to find new sources of ore, couriers to run messages, diplomats to secure new contracts, and even knights and mercenary guards for protection. Whether your character is an average joe hoping to make ends meet or a magical prodigy looking to apply their brilliance, our aim is to create a unique space for your character where you can tell your story and shine.
Of course, our RP will reflect far more than just a simple day job. The Bellworks is undoubtedly involved in much more than one would assume from its outward appearance.
Could my character join House Dufresne instead?
We get asked this question a lot, especially by people playing knights, and the answer is -- yes! While OOCly House Dufresne and the Dufresne Bellworks are the same thing, ICly House Dufresne is a bit of a separate entity. In particular, knight characters would serve the house first and foremost and would report to Lady Dufresne or to the Knight Captain, Martiallais Heuloix. Sometimes knights may be temporarily reassigned to the Bellworks in order to protect its assets, but ICly your character will most likely be carrying out knightly duties on a day-to-day basis instead, and can even take on squires or work to gain promotions.
Why Join The Bellworks?
The Bellworks FC is run by an active and engaged team dedicated to sculpting a positive, no-nonsense RP community. We are committed to forging close ties within the FC and the Balmung community as a whole. To this end we have an officer team serving both NA and EU timeslots, as well as experienced DMs to help create exciting roleplay events. By joining the Bellworks, you will get:
• A unique setting created to foster a myriad of character and story concepts: nearly any sort of good to neutral aligned character can easily find a home here.
• Dynamic RP events that directly change and respond to the actions of your character. Even your RP posts and off-camera actions can help shape the outcome!
• Casual RP events to help foster character bonding.
• Quality and Community: The Bellworks recruits to a very high standard. Our concern is with our FC community first and foremost, and ensuring everyone has a place in it.
• Diversity: The Bellworks not only recruits a dynamic range of character races, genders, sexualities, professions, and concepts, but also hosts an equally diverse range of players. Anyone and everyone can have a safe home here.
• Teamwork: regular expeditions to dungeons, trials, and more! We’ll beat this game in a casually hardcore manner and look good doing it. Need crafting support? We’ve got your back there as well.
• A zero-tolerance OOC drama policy.
• Chat channels for both IC and OOC communication.
• Free company housing and the full range of FC buffs, benefits, resources, and services.
If you would like to join The Dufresne Bellworks, you can find more information and an application on our website: http://bellworks.enjin.com
Got a tumblr? Follow us! http://dufresne-bellworks.tumblr.com
If you have any questions or need to contact the officer team, please visit our forums or send an in game /tell to Eliane Dufresne, Gwenneth Gilrouis, Hyrtwyda Eyhafrynwyn, or Martiallais Heuloix.