Daystar Agency <<DSA>> is a small free company on the Balmung server that serves as an employment agency for adventurers for hire and provides resources to supplement other free companies and organizations. Need some extra muscle for a mission? Want to consult with an expert on a certain subject? Daystar Agency may be able to assist! The Agency's goal is to assist the citizens of Eorzea to make our land a better place. For this reason, we may decline any jobs that are unlawful or immoral.
OOC: We are here to help fill in the gaps. If you need some more players in your story, or some more soldiers to make the big fight at the end of your plotline more intense, or someone to provide your character with the information to move your plot from point A to point B, that is what we intend to provide. We are willing to work with other FC's, LS's, other groups of any size, and individuals. We are happy to fill any role that we can.
Space for Rent
We have a large FC estate that can be rented for events. There is a tavern and stage area already set up. Minor remodelling can be done to suit your needs. Clients will be responsible for covering the cost or acquisition of any furnishings they would like placed in the estate that we do not already own. ((Major remodels are possible, but may incur an OOC gil fee for the trouble.))
Bouncers for events, escorts for caravans and traveling parties, personal bodyguards, patrolmen, etc.
Mercenary work, hired muscle, sellswords, assassins, hunters, and soldiers.
Combat and field medics, as well as aetherical healing, alchemical healing, chirurgeons, therapists, and medicinal doctors via housecall or a visit to our infirmary.
You can commission one of our artisans to create or repair objects for you including clothing, jewelry, furniture, weapons, armor, tools, and thensome. ((Can be just IC, or OOC as well if mats and/or gil are provided.))
Our hunters and gatherers can procure items for you, including fruits, vegetables, skins, leathers, bones, meat, seafood, ore, minerals, crystals, lumber, herbs, plants, cloth, etc. ((Can be just IC, or OOC as well if gil is provided.))
You can consult with an expert on a certain subject (combat, the occult, medicine, aetherical manipulation, etc.) for advice and knowledge or tutoring, or request a researcher or spy try to find certain information for you.
Entertainers, servers, bartenders, catering, cooks, bakers, helpers, and event planning can all be provided.
All services are done in exchange for IC payment only, unless specified otherwise, usually in cases where in game items are provided! If there is a service you would like that is not listed here, feel free to ask and we will oblige if we can! Visit the 'Hiring Us' tab to learn more or inquire about hiring our free company.
Our company's focus is primarily to fill any needed role in someone else's story. Need an expert on the Void to move your plot to the next point? Maybe your character could use a bodyguard for their personal story? Have a cool plot you would like to DM but need some more players to fill the roles? Need some more combatants to make the big fight in your FC's plot line more epic? We've got you covered!
We are willing to take part in:
- Personal storylines
- FC storylines
- Cross FC events
- One-shot RP's
- Private RP's
- Long term storylines
- Server-wide events
- And much more!
Policies and Guidelines for Hiring our Company
1. Please let us know about your event or role-play at least a week in advance. We will need time to hash out the details, as well as speak to our members to see if anyone will be available at the specified time (and if we do not have anyone available, we would like to let you know far before your event, as well--the sooner you let us know about it, the sooner we can let you know if we can join in or not). The more advance notice you give us, the more time we have to inform our members so they can adjust their schedules and avoid planning anything else at the same time. More notice also gives us more time to advertise! Please keep in mind, we are a relatively small FC. We are happy to accept almost any job, but we might not always have someone with a character that fits the bill who is available at the time you have planned for your event. We also may not be able to supply a large group of characters at one time, given our size.
2. We reserve the right to decline (or cancel) any jobs that we have no interested and/or eligible characters available for at the specified time, jobs that do not make sense IC for the company and the characters within it, jobs involving any groups or players who any of our members have had significant problems with, jobs that have been repeatedly cancelled/rescheduled with little to no notice given to us, jobs that heavily conflict with our interpretation of the lore, jobs from clients who have frequently retconned significant role-plays, and jobs that conflict with any other previously scheduled jobs or FC events. We will NOT accept jobs that are poorly planned,involve kidnapping/killing/attacking another character without the player's knowledge or consent, jobs with themes that make our members highly uncomfortable, or that involve any ERP or cybersex.
3. Please communicate with us, with full disclosure! The more you let us know about your plot or event, the better we can ensure things go exactly as you have planned. We will take care not to metagame, be it purposely or subconsciously, and will only relay the information on the need-to-know basis. While we understand the desire to prevent metagaming and spoilers to give everyone some genuine surprises and plot twists, we want to ensure your role-play goes off without a hitch just as you have planned. Imperative things to tell us are what time to show up for your event, what time the event/role-play will actually start, how long you expect the event to run, how many people will be involved and their names, where the event will take place, how you plan to handle combat within the event (freeform, DMed, rolling, character sheets, etc.), any potentially triggering or NSFW content that might come about in the RP (sexual implications, detailed torture scenes, graphic gore and violence,etc.), anything potentially lore-bending or lore-breaking within the RP, any potentially overpowered characters or entities within the RP, what exactly you want our characters to do, what you want to happen to any NPC's and who you want to do it, and what direction you have planned for the RP along with how you want it to end.
4. Please be willing to compromise and try to find a solution to any problems that may arise. We are player characters for hire, not NPC's here to fill a role in a play word-for-word. Our characters have their own personalities, skills, and beliefs. If your event is highly scripted, there is a chance it may be too out of character for our member(s) to play along or not within their capabilities. We also all have our own interpretations of the lore and how it is to be treated. Our FC's own official stance is that while we are fine with bending the lore to a degree that helps a story more than hinders it, we do not want to bend it beyond belief or explanation, or break it entirely. This is why the above rule about communication is so important! If you let us know everything upfront, we can discuss it all beforehand to find a solution instead of needing to interrupt the RP to hash it out. If a suitable compromise cannot be reached, we reserve the right to politely withdraw from the role-play.
5. Please let us know as soon as possible if your event/role-play has been postponed, cancelled, rescheduled, or if you/the host will be late. Please also let us know as soon as possible if any details of the event have been changed (the combat style, how many people will be there, how long it will last, etc.). If you no-show on us or constantly cancel/reschedule at the last minute, we may choose to end our involvement. Please be respectful of our time, and we will do our best to do the same for you.
6. Any payment is purely IC unless specified otherwise (such as when you want to commission the OOC crafting or gathering of actual in-game items). We do not expect/ask for gil or any other payment OOC for services that are purely IC! While donations are welcome, the best way you could thank us OOC is by giving our characters a fun and meaningful role to play within your event!
7. Our FC members will not allow their characters to be killed, permanently maimed/scarred, or kidnapped, imprisoned, or injured long-term without their permission. Please do not autohit, godmod, or force certain actions onto the characters in our FC without their player's permission.
If you are interested in hiring our company or any of the characters we employ, please speak to Faye Covington or Val Nunh!
RPC Enjin In game: Val Nunh | Melfice Vainchelon | Cyrus Mulano
Q: Is this a role-play FC?
A: While role-play is our main focus and we take it very seriously, we are not strictly an RP FC. We may have members who do not RP, are currently on hiatus from RP, or who have non-RP alts within the FC. However, anyone in our FC is supportive of role-play and respectful of role-players!
Q: How can I join?
A: We would like to keep our FC small to preserve the close-knit feeling of a group of friends and we are strict about who joins our FC to ensure we keep an environment of quality players and role-players who get along and are on the same page about what we want from the FC. That being said, unfortunately, we are not actively recruiting. Membership is by recommendation and invitation only. If you are interested in joining, you can contact the leadership of Daystar Agency and we can consider you for membership in the future.
Q: I would like to hire your FC, or otherwise plot an RP with you! How can I do that?
A: We are recently formed and still trying to get set up. We are not ready for business yet at this point, but we will be in the near future! Please check back shortly!
Alistair Phoenix Skills and Talents: Conjury (mostly offensive; mediocre healing), goldsmithing, alchemy, gathering Jobs you are Interested in: Collecting crafting materials, minor healing positions, animal care/control
Arrelaine Fashonti Skills and Talents: Tracking, archery, songstress/bard Jobs you are Interested in: Entertainment
Faye Covington Skills and Talents: Conjury, sewing, embroidery, diplomacy, leadership, management Jobs you are Interested in: Tailoring, hosting, advertising, event planning
Hyunae Yii Skills and Talents: Conjury, cooking, piano playing, sewing Jobs you are Interested in: Medical
Kydenaux Langelier Skills and Talents: Conjury, spellcasting, novice chirurgeon/apothecary Jobs you are Interested in: Chirurgeon, apothecary, teaching, management
Lan Darklyn Skills and Talents: Warfare on strategic and tactical levels, guerrilla warfare, cooking, swordsmanship Jobs you are Interested in: Escort/security work, combat instruction
Mia Moui Skills and Talents: Combat, lock picking, crafting, cooking, fishing, hunting Jobs you are Interested in: Investigation, security, courier
R'Tahira Ohan Skills and Talents: Skilled lancer and pugilist, brawler Jobs you are Interested in: Combat
Raisan Arcmantle Skills and Talents: Grandmaster crafter, high end quality chef, airship engineer Jobs you are Interested in: Commissioned work armour and weapons, cooking
Val Nunh Skills and Talents: Close quarters combat with use of hands, knives, or lance, outdoor survival Jobs you are Interested in: Combat, guard work
W'zota Tia Skills and Talents: Martial arts, hand-to-hand combat, guerilla warfare, fishing Jobs you are Interested in: Security, mercenary
Xaitsuta Tsurugi Skills and Talents: Combat, training, lancer speciality, tactical command, reconnaissance Jobs you are Interested in: Training and combat