Welcome to the Wayfarer's T'was the Night before Starlight Contest!
Quote:"T'was the night before Starlight, and all through the set;
commotion filled the halls, it was old Saint Rini Kett.
She twisted it and turned it and gave the toy a jerk,
with her knees deep in glamours, wrapping paper, the works.
But oh how she missed something in this cheery season
that riddled her mind and fell out of reason.
Because what plagued this Miqo'te so
is that she couldn't rhyme to save her life."
Welcome to the first T'was the Night before Starlight Contest and I will be upfront that this is no original idea by any means but something I remember someone doing on a World of Warcraft forum so many years ago that I don't want to think about it. Regardless! I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. So Bards, Poets, Money Hoarders! Are you Ready?
Da Rulez: The way this works is pretty simple. There is the age old time classic "The Night before Christmas" in which many of us at least know that first line. All you have to do in this contest is basically write your own wacky, fun poem about the Starlight Celebration. If anything, I would like people to do this for enjoyment but *sigh* money talks lol. So now that you know what it is here are the specifics.
- 1st: 300,000 gil and bragging rights.
- 2nd: 200,000 gil.
- 3rd: 100,000 gil.
- Each entry must start with "T'was the night before Startlight". I figure that is obvious, but I want to make sure.
- Poems will be judged by the Wayfarers of Eorzea. We hope this contest stays friendly and keeps the heart of the season true.
- There is no length limit, and it will be purely judged on which three each judge likes the most and then averaged together and debated.
- Poems must be submitted here by 18th of December and the results will be posted Christmas Day.
- Keep it relevant to the season, please...Somewhat at least.
- Be creative and have fun!
I hope this is something everyone can have fun with and not take it too seriously as a competition. I hate posting things about Christmas before Thanksgiving, but I want to give ample opportunity for people to have time to write. Take care everyone and have a good one!
" There's a skinny girl inside me crying to get out...But I can usually shut her up with cookies" - Rini