☾.｡.:* ★ What We Offer ★ *:.｡.☽
- An environment that proactively strives to maintain a casual, comfortable, immersive atmosphere to build your character's story.
- Weekly gatherings to make contacts with new characters as well as other events that include themes such as sparring, story-telling, festivals, tavern RP, hunts, and more.
- A lore-friendly community with designated sections and channels exclusively for character-building, including but not limited to sept/clan-crafting, prompts, and lore discussion.
- We are also open to...
Traditional Raised Keeper of the Moon, looking to reconnect to the roots.
City-goers with interest in reconnecting.
Keeper & Seeker mixes.
☾.｡.:* ★ Community Rules ★*:.｡.☽
We are aware that our ruleset and tone section presents us as a strict community with high role-play standards. That simply isn't our intent and you will find, contrary to the language here, that the staff promotes an easy-going atmosphere. It's important to us that we explain our expectations and tone in a "no-nonsense" way so you can assess if this community is a fit for you or not. The reality is that we're a bunch of shy folks flailing around trying to get along, have a few laughs, and enjoy the game together.
I. You must respect the tone that the administrators of the community curate.
Swearing, sarcasm, dry humor, dark humor, dirty jokes, ribbing one another, and spicy tom memery prevails in the culture of this community. You can also expect that adult topics will pop up in discussion or in role-play and we expect you to handle it in a mature fashion. We have taken the time to list a couple of tenants of note below.
- Be courteous to your fellow community members. Leave your Out of Character prejudice elsewhere. All nationalities, races, religions, sexual preferences, and gender identities, et cetera are welcome here. Violating this tenant is one of the quickest methods to getting removed.
- Seek out RP. Don’t wait for it to seek you. You have several outlets at your disposal.
- This is not an echo chamber. Constructive criticism done in the spirit of civility is welcome in the community. In that same vein, another player having a different opinion over role-play is not a personal attack and do not treat it as such.
- This is not a furry convention. No Out of Character cutesy purring/nyah/lap-sitting/meow behavior. This behavior is viewed as grating, best left on Second Life, and a significant amount of our player base may have joined thiscommunity to escape this behavior.
- Substance over style. Our screenshots/showcase channels are not meant as competition for members to "out mod" each other and see who can "make the hottest character." These are also not channels for you to post "hot screenshots" of your characters repeatedly while never participating in role-play events. We want to see your role-play over your aesthetics!
- Use spellcheck and use proper grammar/punctuation/capitalization to your best ability. No one is perfect and mistakes happen, sometimes plenty of them, but expect a member of staff to pull you aside of your posts are not legible.
- If you want to start an in-depth discussion of politics and religion we recommend you find another outlet. The staff is not interested in moderating extensive political or religious debate. In fact, we don't care to moderateheated arguments at all. Take it to private message.
- No non-miqo'te species. This community is focused on miqo'te.
- The nature of an open community such as ourspresents the unfortunate reality that new members will join that may disregard the rules, are new to role-play, display poor role-play etiquette/quality, or they simply don't mesh with you and are not your style. We ask for your patience and understanding with us as well as we go through the process of serving as examples while they grow as a role-player, the staff speaks with them, or they are removed from the community.
- Be self-aware. Do not make this community a hostile or intimidating environment for others, especially for the purpose of browbeating another member into ERP. We have noticed that the prevailing method of attempting to coerce others into ERP is not overt advances, but rather, a more subtle pattern of unwelcome misconduct or behavior that's based on sex and pervasive enough that a reasonable person could find it intimidating, hostile or abusive. Don't repeatedly have your character pursuing theirs if they aren't receptive. Don't comment on every screenshot of women (or even other characters) posted with how "hot" they are, etc.
- Please keep the staff informed if you drastically fantasia or name change.
- Inform a member of staff if you are adding more characters to your roster to role-play in the community on.
- Please do not directly rip from real-world mythology. Want that Greco or Norse inspired sept or clan? Cool with us! Go for it! Please do not directly rip off names of deities or major historical figures in the pursuit of this. (ex: U'bastet, H'ercules, etc. Yes. I know. Don't look at me like that.)
- Communicate with us. We are human and might miss something. We cannot fix a problem if you do not come to the staff and speak with us.
II. You (the player) and your character must be over the age of eighteen.
Seven hundred-year-old "ten-year-olds" are not acceptable, nor is any other form of “loli” character, no matter how old they “actually” are.
III. All characters are on the same even playing ground in this community.
This is one of the core principles of this community involving character creation and interaction. In a closed setting, you are free to do whatever the hell you wish as all parties have knowledge of this beforehand and are consenting.
Our community, however, is an open community. The decision to give your character the ultra-rare specialty of becoming something along the lines of Black Mage or White Mage is yours and yours alone. We are not here to lore-police you. That said, many characters in this community will probably treat your characters as a nutball if they bring this up In Character. Giving your character ultra-rare abilities/artifacts/gifts/et cetera understandably will make members of the community uncomfortable as they are no longer on an even playing field with you and your character. Some may even choose to not role-play with you in the future as this is not personal preference. Respect their wishes and do not continue to push your character's specialness onto them.
- In Character Actions = In Character Consequences.
- We will not be accepting ancient Allagan experiments, characters from the First World, extradimensionals, nor extraterrestrial characters at this time.
- No tempered or those that can temper. This is a rabbit hole that we'd rather not go down.
- The echo is fine to a reasonable extent.
- No halfbreeds. (Au Ra/Miq'ote, Hyur/Miqo'te, etc.) The chance of these happening isexceedingly rare. We don't feel it is fair to allow every player to access these—as it would no longer be rare. Just to be clear: half-Seeker and half-Keeper is fine.
- Do not project your own lore onto established NPC's in-game. You can very easily craft your own branch of NPC's
IV. We are lore-bending, not lore-breaking.
If you role-play any of the bullet points disallowed in this section this is not a reflection on you. These are our preferences, it has nothing to do with you.
- Black magic, white magic, and voidsent should be treated IC accordingly.
- No incest role-play.
- We don't consider Fantasia/race changing something that can happen IC. If your character starts speaking about a previous life of them being another race, don't be surprised when other characters IC think they're pants-on-head nuts.
- No overpowered characters. Characters who can casually wipe city blocks off of the map, time travel, teleport to other worlds, or withstand a haymaker from Titan will not be a good fit for this community. Such characters tend to pressure other players into making their characters that powerful, or risk being made irrelevant in combat RP. The general rule of thumb is that if your character's strength even approaches the WoL's, much less surpasses it, then they are too powerful for this LS.
- No cult-like role-play where one gender controls the other sexually. The thought of one man/woman controlling multiple women/men in a society where both are seen as equals is simply ridiculous. This will not fly here.
- We welcome non-Eorzean based tribal/traditional miqo'te save one exception. Is your character from an island? Thavnair? That's perfectly fine! The only exception is that we are not accepting Doman/Hingashi-born miqo'te at this time. If your character has briefly lived or traded in Othard/Hingashi/Kugane that is perfectly fine.
V. Leave personal differences and cross-server drama at the door.
Every person who applies to the community will receive a fair shake. If they prove that they are not a fit for the community the staff will remove them. If you have a negative personal history with someone who joins the community before or after you — you are welcome to speak to the staff — but unless you provide compelling evidence you must accept that until they act out you have the option of blocking and ignoring them.
There will be no Final Fantasy server drama or bashing in this community. No one server is "better" than the other.
VII. This is not Party Grindr.
Let us be abundantly clear: we do not care if our members ERP in their own private time. This particular community is not a fit for ERP-centric characters nor does it exist as a venue to find a romantic relationship for your character.
- If you are going to be hosting 18+ events with sexually explicit and/or incredibly gory/violent themes—you must include a disclaimer in the advertisement or call for role-play. We do not allow community members to advertisement events where ICly purchasing courtesans or prostitutes will be the major theme.
- Transgender characters and players are welcome! We have transgender characters and players in our community, and out of respect for them ...
- No futa, dickgirls, shemales, cuntboys, traps, or similarly labeled trans-fetish characters. The staff considers these terms as "pornography categories" and they are typically used as beacons to find ERP. This is not a fit for this community and can be offensive to some transgender members.
- Sexually suggestive search information or those that contain f-list links (also represented as /c or /c/) are not a fit for this community. You have a limited amount of characters in your search information and it is telling when someone chooses to advertise their sexual preferences. The game is rated "T for teen" and it raises eyebrows when people choose to flash their f-list or preferences around teenagers openly.
We will perform regular inactivity checks.
This is nothing personal. We will occasionally remove members that no longer appear to be active and have zero presence in the community. The key is communication! Talk to a member of staff if you are going to be inactive or on hiatus. If you feel if you have been removed by mistake or wish to rejoin, all you need to do is follow the steps above to be reinvited.
We have specific protocols and regulations for events we ask you to respect.
- Weekly gatherings are community-focused events. Please run it by a staff member when you intend to bring guests to them!
- Feel free to announce events that you, yourlinkshell, your friends, or your FC are hosting. We ask that you not use our community as anadvertisement venue for other Discords,linkshells, or Free Companies.
Inform a member of staff ASAP of in-game name changes or if you are scraping your character altogether for a new concept and name change.