Been gone a while

Given I have a few friends still bugging me and pleading for me to return to the game and I have read a number of reviews and watched some vids I figured it was time to bother some of the community that I use to be apart of for their thoughts. 

Now odds are most don't remember me nor my character so coming back I would only have to explain to a select few where she was all this time and why or what happened. 

To the question.. is it worth coming back to the game? I do admit I miss the rp and I miss my character, not to mention the community but is the game as a whole worth it? I grew bored with all of the gated content before and the fact that I seemed unable to find a group to get progression done.. I played a little bit like one day worth of the free to play week or something way back when they first released the gold saucer but that was hardly a good reason fro me to stop throwing money at a monthly fee again. =/

Just really asking what people have enjoyed or not enjoyed with the expansion. Maybe some changes that came to the game even. I have already read that if I did come back I'd have quite a few hours of story quests to catch up on.. while a bit of a bummer I've also heard that the story is very much worth it.

Hi!

Personally I am paying and playing this game because of RP and people in it. :) 

If you have good contacts and people to RP with, it is worth of it.

End-game content is nice and it is nice to do. But it feels little bit too easy/simple for me. But I haven't done that much end-game content because my focus is on RP and helping friends. And I like the story ^^

I would say that get one more month and see how you like it. I am sure paying for one month wouldn't hurt.

If it is about missing contacts, well..  here is one!

Hopefully this reply helps you find your answer.

welcome back!  Im fairly new to the game as a whole, that being said what i have found is very fun and a great community of RP'ers/players. The gated content is a bit jarring some days, but the pain is short lived and the game and its fun goes on lol.

As for contacts, feel free to add me and my friends among them, we are organizing weekly IC hunts out of Limsa Lominsa feel free to join in or just hang out and have fun with us any time!

Hey there! I think it's worth coming back. I mean, eventually there comes a point where the elite endgame content will require a skilled raid group--that's just a given for pretty much any MMO with endgame content. But Heavensward has enough fun content until then that it's worth coming back for at least a few months.

I might toy at the idea cause I'd have to buy the xpack and the month time. That's a bit of money to just drop to chance it. Though it is good to see the rp side of things is still going strong. I've jumped quite a few games from when I played FF last.. I do admit most rp communities are not that.. er welcoming let alone friendly. 

My husband wouldn't be coming back with me so I'd probably have to find a new FC (odds are not in favor that I am still in whatever one I was in.. that I forget whatever one I was in..). I might prod about the FC section and see if I can't talk myself into this and start off with a idea of what I plan to do in the game. I've done a few of the free to play weekends and weeks they promote with but I never played more then a day during these periods..

Oh question.. given how long ago I stopped playing how would it be to catch up on gear? This includes the combat classes and crafting.

As someone who just returned after a break myself it's definitely worth coming back.

However the problem of finding RP amongst a sea of cliques is still harder than ever ._.

People make it seem easy but it is far from easy.  Even when you practically emote you're seeking other individuals when amongst so many people who look like they're wanting someone to roleplay with it is still hard.

Maybe one day this will change...

Not sure i'm concerned with getting into a group or not.. I'm sure I can find something and my character is one of those what comes up comes out. :3 I found rp easy enough before I just was too lazy to really follow through with it I think..