The Official "I Have Nothing to Do, Entertain Me" Thread

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. It has been a long day so far. We're 3 people short so the front of a diabetic office is being run by one person....me. check in and checkout. Phones which the call center doesn't do their damn job and push through. People telling me their life stories when I don't need it. Three doctors in two of which have multiple double books. I still have insurances to check for tomorrow so I am more than ready to get out of here!

Me too. It has been a long day so far. We're 3 people short so the front of a diabetic office is being run by one person....me. check in and checkout. Phones which the call center doesn't do their damn job and push through. People telling me their life stories when I don't need it. Three doctors in two of which have multiple double books. I still have insurances to check for tomorrow so I am more than ready to get out of here!

Oh gods I remember that feel.  *offers you hug and chocolate*

Hey on the upside, you didn't need to explain to a 62 y/o Somali woman that pronouncing huur (rent) as hoer (whore) wasn't exactly a good idea when you use it in the sentence of "Ik wil de huur betalen (I want to pay the rent)" and turned it into pronouncing it as "Ik wil de hoer betalen (I want to pay the whore)".

In truth, I admit I was snickering like a five year old for about a half hour at work, and was so close onto walking out of the classroom to have a laugh outside.

Hey on the upside, you didn't need to explain to a 62 y/o Somali woman that pronouncing huur (rent) as hoer (whore) wasn't exactly a good idea when you use it in the sentence of "Ik wil de huur betalen (I want to pay the rent)" and turned it into pronouncing it as "Ik wil de hoer betalen (I want to pay the whore)".

In truth, I admit I was snickering like a five year old for about a half hour at work, and was so close onto walking out of the classroom to have a laugh outside.

...lawwwwwwwwwwl

You had more self control than me, I would have lost it utterly.

...lawwwwwwwwwwl

WELL. It got worse.

I'm spoilering it just in case though.

About ten minutes later, we came to the point of reading out loudly the Dutch name "Ans". Even with dissecting the word as A N S, she was set onto pronouncing it as anus. I got no idea where she got that extra u of, and I asked her repeatedly where she was conjuring up that u from but... she insisted for ten minutes to pronounce it as anus. So imagine I had to sit next to this 62 year woman, being frustrated over the name Ans and saying anus constantly instead. Keeping myself from laughing was... a struggle to say the very least.

Yeah. My day was a special one today.

...lawwwwwwwwwwl

WELL. I got worse.

About ten minutes later, we came to the point of reading out loudly the Dutch name "Ans". Even with dissecting the word as A N S, she was set onto pronouncing it as anus. I got no idea where she got that extra u of, and I asked her repeatedly where she was conjuring up that u from but... she insisted for ten minutes to pronounce it as anus. So imagine I had to sit next to this 62 year woman, being frustrated over the name Ans and saying anus constantly instead. Keeping myself from laughing was... a struggle to say the very least.

*screw five 'oclock, hands over the margarita*  I think that wins something.

...lawwwwwwwwwwl

WELL. I got worse.

*screw five 'oclock, hands over the margarita*  I think that wins something.

It surely wins having a story to entertain people with :D