SpellGuard ✨ May 25 ✨ 10 PM EST

Shoshopu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[align=center]The next Spellguard tournament is set for tomorrow... Friday the 13th!

Normally, Friday the 13th (especially during the month of All Saint's Wake) is considered a day of ill omens and bad luck, but... perhaps at Spellguard your luck may turn around?[/align]

*For this event only, Spellguard will be using the Reverse rule! Low rolls will beat high rolls! If you're one of those folks who never seems to be able to roll high, tomorrow night may just be your night.

For the third fortnight in a row, Rinadin Dinwell and her teammate have seized victory in Spellguard!

[align=center]Congratulations to Rinadin Dinwell & Aster Ozerov!

vFE2em2.png[/align]

Next Spellguard is October 27th! I'm pretty sure that it'll be during All Saint's Wake, so come prepared!!

• 2 weeks later...

Rinadin's winning streak was finally ended tonight in a three-way magic melee! All three teams fought long and hard, but tonight's champions are...

[align=center]Mayana Yana & Y'uraq Tia! Congratulations!

5UEtHTM.png[/align]

Our next tournament is set for November 10! See you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, all. Sorry this is only a couple hours' notice, but I've been pretty busy since I got home tonight.

Between school and... well, school (student teaching + the college stuff that goes with it) I've had kind of a rough week, so I'm calling Spellguard off for tonight to take a little mental health break. Just being honest about it because I really value and appreciate you guys who come out every fortnight for this event. I'm so sorry to disappoint you guys, but right now Spellguard is basically just managed by only myself and I just need the rest tonight.

:love: you all, see you November 24!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everyone! Spellguard is scheduled for tomorrow night! However, tomorrow's event will be run by Zigovali Rigovali, Shoshopu's husband. I'll be visiting my family out of town tomorrow for a late Thanksgiving and I'd feel kind of lame dragging my desktop over there for two visits in a row (the October 27 event) instead of spending time with them

Have fun tomorrow night!

Sorry for the late update! Three teams arrived at Spellguard, but only one could be crowned champion!

[align=center]Congratulations to Fiona Delaine and Zigovali Rigovali!

dNoFVGh.png[/align]

Our next tournament is December 8! See you then!

• 2 weeks later...

We had a good five teams show up for Spellguard tonight, and tonight's winners shook things up! Besting the oft-winning team of Rinadin Dinwell and Tharsis Tor, tonight's champions are...

[align=center]Kibaa Hart and Maiya Mai! Congratulations!

NYXyvw3.png[/align]

Our next tournament is on December 22! Like last year, I've got plans to make the last Spellguard of the year special for the Starlight season, so stay tuned for more details!

• 2 weeks later...

[align=center]3RTlTjJ.png

The Starlight season is upon us once again! And as always, Spellguard will be hosting a themed tournament to celebrate the holiday! Bring your Dream Hats and room in your bellies for Starlight treats!

These past few months have been quite busy for me IRL, and the little time I've had online has been spent RPing with friends as opposed to farming gil, so unfortunately this year there will probably not be a gil prize, at least not one the size of last year's. Non-Mog Station Starlight items are also quiet expensive this season. However!

Each member of the winning team will receive a sketch-portrait of their character, just like last year!

z65uJOG.png

Here's last year's winners, Zigovali Rigovali and Ulemo Tesheremo:

wHK4FR7.pngp6OSss4.png

Spellguard is slated to begin on December 22 at 10:00 PM EST. We advise that you arrive a half-hour in advance and take your places in the combatant area!

300x208http://i.imgur.com/QbFspZt.png[/img]

[/align]

What a way to end the year! Eight teams showed up to Spellguard tonight! That's the biggest tournament in a long while!

There were many close matches, and all were exciting, but only one team could be named the last champions of the year! And they are...

[align=center]Josiah Covey and Zigo Arlo the Geomancer! Congratulations!

sYmsgUw.png[/align]

I want to thank you all for participating and making Spellguard a fun event! I just organize the thing, it's you all who provide the fun fights and team banter! And Spellguard wouldn't still be here if it weren't for you guys! Happy holidays, and have a happy new year, too! I'll update the thread with the winners' art when it's completed.

• 2 weeks later...

[align=center]400x285https://i.imgur.com/YZ5S5iu.png[/img][/align]

Happy Heavensturn, everyone! The first Spellguard tournament of the year is this Friday the 5th! The OP's been updated with a shiny new header featuring Spellguard's mascot, Popoto the adamantoise! (You might've already seen variations of it for some of 2017's holiday events)

I've also updated the RPC's calendar with every Spellguard event for this year! Expect the following tournament dates to feature something extra special:

• Spellguard's 2nd Anniversary on March 2nd! *
  • The 50th Spellguard tournament is set for April 27! **

* Yes, the first Spellguard tournament was on March 4th, but who wants to wait until the 16th to celebrate?

** Assuming nothing happens and no tournaments have to be cancelled for the week

*** The dates for standard holiday-themed tournaments depend on when SE decides to do them all this year. The dates vary a little from year to year, and so do Spellguard's, so any holiday-themed Spellguard tournaments will be announced closer to the date.

Had a great turnout this week, with several fun new faces! A good start to the new year! Without further ado, this year's first Spellguardian champions are...

[align=center]Jebei Dotharl and Sa'ran Kha! Congratulations!

X4BXrMu.png[/align]

Our next tournament is set for January 19th! See you then!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Four teams entered tonight, including Spellguard's very first mammet contestant! Though it made it to the finals, it couldn't quite stand up to tonight's champions:

[align=center]Dahlia Blake & Hali Naras! Congratulations!

6zrsqhO.png[/align]

• 3 weeks later...

Urgh. I'm very sorry I was absent on Friday, everyone. My fiance and I went out of town for the weekend and I had to clean the house before we left. Time flew by and by the time I realized it was past Spellguard time, I was elbow-deep in a malfunctioning, overflowing washing machine. I should've started a lot earlier and paid more attention to the time, and for that I apologize. Spellguard will continue on its regularly scheduled date of March 2nd.

It looks like the forum got an update, too. It looks pretty slick, but.. gosh dang, the OP is all jacked up now. I'll have it fixed soon.

Edited by Shoshopu

Due to technical difficulties with the iCal (kind of bummed about that, I had the entire year manually mapped out on the old calendar T_T oh well!), I'm just bumping as a reminder that Spellguard is this Friday! It's our 2nd anniversary!!

Edited by Shoshopu
  • 2 weeks later...

Four teams squared off tonight, and we had some really interesting matchups! Tonight's winners are...

Team A to Z! Congratulations!

sixq6EC.png

(I know A is Azrat Lariss but I totally forgot to write Z's name down sorry I'll edit this later. RIP)

• 2 weeks later...