RP Levelers OOC LS

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some current story arcs I have going:

Brinn convinces Valia to move in with him so they both can heal. Brinn’s burns will heal in time, but the only person who knew how to heal Valia’s injury was recently killed in a magic battle. He’s got quite a search ahead of him.

Ralin finds the information in Ul’dah’s legal archives that nearly got him killed, what to do with it?

Tin is involved in some shady business of raiding Imperial outposts for profit; who’s buying and what are they doing with it?

Alberic is leading a silver caravan from Fallgourd Float through Whitebrim and over to Dragonhead. Is this mission all that it appears to be? (This is happening at the next Wednesday night Tavern if you've signed up!)

If you are interested in joining in any of the above plot lines, drop me a message! Feel free to post some of your own if you'd like to open up some of your RP to the group! :moogle:

Hello I have been enjoying my time in this LS very much!

Since it's nearing limit now (110 / 128 at time of writing), I would like to request some clarity on some things! I figured here is better than hounding you in-game since it takes the ANSWER ME NOW pressure away xD

I have two characters currently in the LS, and six characters not currently in the LS. For consistency in LS order across my characters and ability to participate in conversations regardless of who I'm on, I'd like to bring the rest in. I've previously been told that this would be absolutely fine as long as the alts are active. However... it'd put the LS at 116/128, only 12 characters away from cap.

The clarity I'd like is:

1. What counts as "an active alt"? Log in once a day? Play for an hour or two about every fortnight? Play for more than a couple of hours a week? Am actively levelling? I log on to all my alts once a day, consider myself to be "actively levelling" one (but only one) of them at any given time, and usually roleplay at least one of them (which one changes) for a few hours a week.
  2. Wat do when we get closer to LS cap? If LS cap is gonna be an issue, then I don't wanna make it a more IMMINENT issue by doing something that's basically a convenience and not a necessity lol.

Hello I have been enjoying my time in this LS very much!

Since it's nearing limit now (110 / 128 at time of writing), I would like to request some clarity on some things! I figured here is better than hounding you in-game since it takes the ANSWER ME NOW pressure away xD

I have two characters currently in the LS, and six characters not currently in the LS. For consistency in LS order across my characters and ability to participate in conversations regardless of who I'm on, I'd like to bring the rest in. I've previously been told that this would be absolutely fine as long as the alts are active. However... it'd put the LS at 116/128, only 12 characters away from cap.

The clarity I'd like is:

1. What counts as "an active alt"? Log in once a day? Play for an hour or two about every fortnight? Play for more than a couple of hours a week? Am actively levelling? I log on to all my alts once a day, consider myself to be "actively levelling" one (but only one) of them at any given time, and usually roleplay at least one of them (which one changes) for a few hours a week.
  2. Wat do when we get closer to LS cap? If LS cap is gonna be an issue, then I don't wanna make it a more IMMINENT issue by doing something that's basically a convenience and not a necessity lol.

All good questions, Aghur! Way I see it, until we get to just under full (like within 5), every alt is welcome. If we get to max capacity, I'll ask that folks think about alts they may have that they don't play much (like several days go by without some substantial time being put into them; actually rp or leveling for a while, not just logging in to check retainers or doing GC turn ins). I have two I can let go, for example. After that, we'll look at the roster for those that aren't playing (There's a couple new characters that joined then never logged in again). If we reach max even with these filters, we'll think about what to do then. xD

We lost our internet connection shortly after getting dinner tonight.  But thank you for the great caravan and thank you to everyone who stopped by the lodge!

Aw, I was wondering where you guys disappeared to! <3

Here are a couple pics of Levelers in their natural RP environment taken by myself and Aghurlal.

:moogle:

tumblr_oab33k8eVu1v3oxlpo2_1280.png

13717370_1756610197957454_8243988131107782383_o.jpg

This sounds ideal for me, I could do with people to talk to while I'm leveling my characters! :D Is it alright to bring four characters to the LS? It would be good to have them all there but I know there's only so many places that can be taken. x)

Right now, we still have room. :) We'll be looking over the member list soon and removing those who haven't logged in for some time.

This sounds ideal for me, I could do with people to talk to while I'm leveling my characters! :D Is it alright to bring four characters to the LS? It would be good to have them all there but I know there's only so many places that can be taken. x)

Right now, we still have room. :) We'll be looking over the member list soon and removing those who haven't logged in for some time.

Awesome. :D I'll see if I can catch you or one of the other LS leaders in game and send a tell sometime!

I wanna post a couple things folks should know about the LS...

1. People sometimes use this LS to vent about rough experiences they've had in the DF. It's understandable. It's probably the main reason most of us have joined up. Feel free to vent for a bit, just remember to balance it out with good stuff. :D

2. It's not an "official" rule cause I'm hoping I don't have to tell folks about this... But please be kind. Venting is one thing, name-calling and chastising people in the LS just isn't cool. Please don't.

3. Related to the above, sometimes hot-button topics come up (dpsing while healing, speedruns, whether people raid or not, etc). I'm fine with discussion about these things; they are all topics integral to the game (plus I'm fascinated by everyone's view on things), just remember

smiles.jpg

Bramble Lodge RP gathering is today!! Starts at 2 pm PDT and runs til 10 pm PDT.

If you are looking for a casual, chill environment to get your RP feet wet, this may be for you!

We call it a Tavern since it's the most used term for non-performance RP gathering, but the house is a hunt lodge that offers a variety of settings you can use (all rooms are available for public RP), such as a library, workshop, treasure room, and of course a bar (Room 3).

Thank you for making the past three weeks of tavern-style RP so enjoyable. As ExAtomos says, we're a Public House. It's great to meet a crew who are fast becoming regulars and it's great for the two of us to finally RP in a house that took us about two years to build.

When Soji and I heard that our linkshell-mates were considering things like IC runs for some content, or that they just wanted to start RP together with people they've been enjoying dungeons with, we wanted to give you all a common place to meet for that. Since we've opened our doors that has been a really fun endeavor!

For the record there are only two of us in the house despite the long list of rooms. From about 2-6pm PT I'm the only one there in an official capacity. We please ask for continued patience with any of the mechanics of housing as you enjoy the setting. General rule of thumb: we probably can't change something during an event if we're engaged or cheerfully pinned to the door to greet possibly nervous newcomers. Everyone's been incredibly understanding of this and we thank you!

There are a lot of opportunities for creativity. The Lion's Den has a stage for anyone who likes to perform. This week, Rin Ao'kha and Xangai Hotgo had a great time sparring in the Training Hall together. It was the first time I got to try out combat RP in XIV. There's even a room for practicing magical spells or meditating like a Hearer. Each private room has a full description when you call up the room information menu. Our FC also observes certain holidays for parties and regulars will be invited.

We operate under the pretense that the Inn is well-warded and that most damage through accidents or fights is minimal and washed clean by the next week. NPCs are always available (including bouncers if necessary) and I will often drop the names of important NPCs and their dispositions if people want that kind of interaction. Stuff like this is also listed on our website but is not necessary to know for play. We're neutral to good in alignment and want to stay hands-off when it comes to how you unfold your plots even if we help provide the prompts for creativity.

Once you come to Bramble Lodge you're pretty much a regular and if you ever enter the hall some Wednesday night and find that there's no one to greet you because we got a flurry of activity, just know that you've probably gained the status of Lodge Regular. Go where you wish and with confidence. This is casual time.

We're still hiring for lodge staff on Wednesdays as well. Being part of the staff is a great prop for entering RP. Any interested players can find me as Masaki or Iria Iyla to ask about helping out. Or send me a message here too it's fine.

It is! I'm also able to give invites - I'm usually on Aghurlal Qar'akimusun, but I also have alts; Telluric Medic, Caidenden Caiden, Liuthas Corwell, Cinu'a Malaguld, Shuukami Kanshi, Y'trinity Taqa, and Confiance Desferme.

I can log on now if you're still about? O:

ETA: I've invited them now! :3

Is this uh, linkshell still active? The few times I've searched the leader names no one has been online. Maybe I just play at terrible times. =<

Very active. I've been in the process of moving over the past week and therefore offline. There are 5 people with invite powers (I see Aghur found you :D ). 2 are IRL partners and may be out at the same time due to vacations and whathaveyou. Remember that each line of characters listed at the top of this thread is one person!

What time zone or play times are you usually in game? I can see about finding another leader to cover that gap.

It is! I'm also able to give invites - I'm usually on Aghurlal Qar'akimusun, but I also have alts; Telluric Medic, Caidenden Caiden, Liuthas Corwell, Cinu'a Malaguld, Shuukami Kanshi, Y'trinity Taqa, and Confiance Desferme.

I can log on now if you're still about? O:

ETA: I've invited them now! :3

Aghur, I could swear I had added you to the first post!! I blame moving. xD Thanks for listing everyone! I've finally got you added in as a leader. :moogle:

This all seems like a fantastic idea! I can definitely help out with stuff if you're still recruiting. I've got all 8 slots full on Balmung, but if available slots are limited, I can help out on my main. If you still have slots available, I have a couple alts I don't feel overly confident with their RP classes (Hatsukiku being a prime example; she's a CNJ ICly, but I'm anxious about tackling healing 50+).

I've got DRG maxed (i230) on Hana, as well as SMN(i223)/SCH(i180-something) (But I have very little healing experience past about lvl 40 WHM) and am working on leveling and learning all of the classes (currently everything else is lvl 35+). (Although, tanking still makes me nervous)

My character are:

Hanatsuma Maibito (my main)

Hatsukiku Maibito (my secondary main)

Swyg Klyng

C'sharra Dalkuh

Cocori Cori

Olina Blacke

Miss Cleo (yes, yes, I know, and yeah, she's going to be a healer with plans to grab AST when I get that far)

Celeste Lebeau

I'd be more than happy to help with whatever roles need filling, going at whatever pace you feel comfortable with.

This all seems like a fantastic idea! I can definitely help out with stuff if you're still recruiting. I've got all 8 slots full on Balmung, but if available slots are limited, I can help out on my main. If you still have slots available, I have a couple alts I don't feel overly confident with their RP classes (Hatsukiku being a prime example; she's a CNJ ICly, but I'm anxious about tackling healing 50+).

I've got DRG maxed (i230) on Hana, as well as SMN(i223)/SCH(i180-something) (But I have very little healing experience past about lvl 40 WHM) and am working on leveling and learning all of the classes (currently everything else is lvl 35+). (Although, tanking still makes me nervous)

My character are:

Hanatsuma Maibito (my main)

Hatsukiku Maibito (my secondary main)

Swyg Klyng

C'sharra Dalkuh

Cocori Cori

Olina Blacke

Miss Cleo (yes, yes, I know, and yeah, she's going to be a healer with plans to grab AST when I get that far)

Celeste Lebeau

I'd be more than happy to help with whatever roles need filling, going at whatever pace you feel comfortable with.

Hi there! We have enough space for a few alts, so bring em! I'm in game atm as Valia Rosa, feel free to send a message.

Bramble Lodge RP event is tonight! This is casual, drop in RP open to the public. Stop on by!

If you don't see anyone in the main lobby, please check Room 3 (Huntsman's Room).

The Bramble Lodge is an old, established hunt lodge in Lavender Beds. Feel free to visit if you are looking for work (or looking to hire folks), want to try a new bar or buffet, or try your hand at a game of darts! All rooms are open to public RP and have a variety of themes to meet your needs.

Hope to see you there!