New Player Seeking Playdates for Kids

Hi Everyone!

I’m a newer player to Final Fantasy XIV. I’ve been playing for a little bit getting used to the way the game works and I recently moved my kids to the Balmung server wanting to really get immersed in some RP. I’m a WoW vet, but I haven’t done RP in an MMO before. All of my previous RP has been forum, LJ, tabletop or email based, but after observing how things go I would love to try it out here!

I’ve got two kids that I split my time on because I’m indecisive over who I want as my main (I’ve just recently got one of them to lvl 30 and I’m now working on the other), but I would love to get either of them out and about with other people and players. I’m on the west coast of the US PST time zone. I have a full time job so I’m mostly on evenings after 6 and then most of the day on weekends.

Lynea Angura :: Au Ra :: Xaela :: Ul’dah

tumblr_o60x6aC1SF1srgbkuo2_1280.png

Lynea looks like the epitome of a young, fresh-faced bubbly young woman and she totally is! But the careful observer will also note the well-used hora hanging off her belt. She jokes that she became a pugilist because she just likes hitting things, the same reasons she’s fascinated with blacksmithing, armoring and mining.

It’s been difficult since she left her homeland, adjusting to a new world and culture. But she enjoys life in Ul’dah, even if it seems to be difficult to make friends with the life of an adventurer who is constantly in and out of the city.

I would love to get her some friends in the pugilist guild, or because she just started on the Monk Job, perhaps a mentor of some sort there. She also spends some time in Limsa learning blacksmithing and armoring so someone might see her there as well.

Mik’hal Zarasten :: Miqo’te :: Keeper :: Gridania

tumblr_o60xcigKbX1srgbkuo3_1280.png

Mik’hal can come across as a serious adventurer, but in reality he’s very easy going and upfront. He doesn’t talk much, a side effect of having a twin brother with whom he mastered the art of silent communication, but once engaged in conversation he’s very friendly if the person he’s talking with is.

He and his brother Cam’nahl (played by my fiancé) left home at sixteen about a year before the calamity. The two separated having different interests with what they wanted to do and Mik’hal headed to Gridania. There was of course chaos after the Calamity hit and it was several years before Mik was able to pull himself together and get himself into the Archer and Adventurer’s guilds. He’s currently learning carpentry, leatherworking, cooking and botany wanting to be as self-sustainable as he possibly can.

Mik’hal’s only real friend at the moment is his brother, and while that’s all well and good, he needs to have friends outside of that lest he lose what social skills he has. It would be cool to have an archery buddy or just someone from Gridania that he started hanging out with, or who started hanging around him at one of the various guilds.

He was part of a mercenary group that worked with the Wood Wailers and Twin Adders before joining with the Adventurer’s and even though they didn’t part of the best of terms it would be interesting playing something with that.

Hi!

I already replied to your new player post, but thought I would respond to this as well. I would be happy to RP with you on either of my characters (O'bahk Tia or Selarian Cloverbloom) O'bahk is currently at the Wayfarer's Rest (Goblet, Ward 6 Plot 58) and Selarian is currently in Gridania, though he won't be there for long. Feel free to look me up in game or send me a PM here and we can set up a meeting. 

Hope to see you in game!

Hi!

I already replied to your new player post, but thought I would respond to this as well. I would be happy to RP with you on either of my characters (O'bahk Tia or Selarian Cloverbloom) O'bahk is currently at the Wayfarer's Rest (Goblet, Ward 8 Plot 58) and Selarian is currently in Gridania, though he won't be there for long. Feel free to look me up in game or send me a PM here and we can set up a meeting. 

Hope to see you in game!

That sounds great! I don't know when I'm getting on tonight cause house has to be cleaned but I'll see if you are out and about when I do!

Also I had to laugh when I saw your other message that you're from Bremerton. I grew up in Seabeck.

Poor Mik’hal you are welcome at Redwings company if you ever feel like dropping a line and giving me a poke door is always welcome to you. Lori tends to love helping people.

That would be great! I'll see if you're on when I am today. (Not sure when that will be as tehre are parents in law visiting at some point.)