FFXIV: Stormblood Teaser Trailer

Trigonxv

That's definitely a temple of the Fist of Rhalgr in the teaser. The purple sigil in the statue's headpiece more or less confirms it.

I am so stoked to see how fast, quick, nimble, and responsive they are when sparring. Feels like having Osric's personal fighting style vindicated, in a way. That's incredibly egotistical but yeah.

Pretty sure that temple is at the meeting point between Xelphatol and Gyr Abania btw.

It is very superhuman looking too in a fantastical way which makes me glad that I held strongly to the idea of non-mundane martial arts. I made relatively little use of the aesthetics but I wanted to see others explore them to the fullest. I look forward to seeing the way the new quests articulate the themes discussed in earlier Monk storyline.

The "no Tattoos of Knowing" thing is throwing me off. But she really does look like Yda. Maybe a sister or something??

She's wearing a choker, sure, but it doesn't go high enough to cover where the tats would be...

ETA: She doesn't have the scar Yda got during the escape from Ul'dah, either.

We might be seeing a relative. Hells, we might be seeing her parents.

WoL is her daddy?! Those Scion meetings will get a bit more awkward from this discovery...

Of course he could just be a similar looking dude.

Scratch that, someone on Tumblr pointed out the man's scar. It's Derplander a.k.a. the Warrior of Darkness a.k.a. Arbert.

The lady might still be a relative... or

that might be AU Yda from the First.

The real magic displayed in the trailer is Maybe!Yda managing to fight in an outfit with such a prominent boob window and never having to deal with a serious wardrobe malfunction.

New eight-star crafting material: double sided tape. Lots of it.

The real magic displayed in the trailer is Maybe!Yda managing to fight in an outfit with such a prominent boob window and never having to deal with a serious wardrobe malfunction.

New eight-star crafting material: double sided tape. Lots of it.

Excuse me but I love boob windows

Give me all the boob windows

I felt it was a little limited. I still liked it mind you but I am sure there isn't enough material yet to compose a proper preview. Very short and essentially all one fight, though we still learn a few things.