Starsfall, Once Again, Sign-Ups OOC Masterpost [Fate-14

HOUSE RULE: For Starsfall, players are allowed to, if they wish, purchase a Stunt that works in the following manner: +1 to a single skill, with a single, simple condition, otherwise always active. The cap to which a skill may be brought with this sort of Stunt is 5.

EXAMPLE: Gain +1 to Fight as long as you are fighting with fist weapons. This may not bring your Fight to higher than 5.

So we can spend a Minor Milestone to purchase one of these? :?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOUSE RULE: For Starsfall, players are allowed to, if they wish, purchase a Stunt that works in the following manner: +1 to a single skill, with a single, simple condition, otherwise always active. The cap to which a skill may be brought with this sort of Stunt is 5.

EXAMPLE: Gain +1 to Fight as long as you are fighting with fist weapons. This may not bring your Fight to higher than 5.

So we can spend a Minor Milestone to purchase one of these? :?

Well, yes, at the cost of another stunt or permanent FP. Like any Minor usage!

• 2 weeks later...

Though distant, the celestial bodies in the sky shed their light upon our lives. The moon and stars wheel and guide, beckoning from afar, while the sun's radiance brings light and life. Yet stars can fall, and the sun's light unchecked may yet burn all things to ash...

Act IV: Starlit Noon

Scene I: Purrsuit

Rumors and Story Aspects

• A febrile peace has settled upon Ul'dah. Those who pay attention to such things are of a mind that /Now is the Calm Before the Storm/.
  • Newfound energy grips Ul'dah's underworld; between the strong front posed by the resilient Golden Pride, the sundering of monetarist mastermind Goldentail's estate, and the ill-concealed return to the public eye of formerly-disgraced master thaumaturge (and suspected voidmage) U'dorian the Grey, it seems it's /A Good Time to be Bad/.
  • In the tundra lands below the mountains of Xelphatol, the Falling Stars, a previously unknown (and, if the rumors are true, violently xenophobic) tribe of miqo'te are showing more interest in the outside world. Increased trading activity is gaining the attention of merchants everywhere, as are rumors of the tribals' fighting prowess, coupled with a newfound willingness to hire themselves out as mercenaries.

a) A Proper Tribute (Monday, June 12th, 2017, 7:30pm CST)

For some, it's not enough to wait for trouble; it must instead be sought out and embraced intimately (or pushed onto its knees and made to embrace you). What opportunities might arise for those well-positioned to exploit them? Partners in cat-astrophe S'imba and Evangeline have decided to enter ancient Allagan ruins to seek a gift for... someone. Something incredible! Powerful! Probably lined with blue strip-lighting! They probably shouldn't go alone.

"It's in Thanalan, well, the exit, I'm sure it's totally safe since the Warrior of Light went through there. And all the stuff just lying around! We go in, take the stuff, blow up anything we don't like. It's a PERFECT plan."

1. S'imba Tia

2. Evangeline Mcbeef

3. Virara Wakuwa

4. Chachanji Gegenji

b) Little Green Friends (Saturday, June 10th, 2017, 2 pm CST)

In the reclusive, mysterious and distant locale of Camp Bronze Lake, former (and once-more!) Scholar of the legendary city of Nym Ibes Habes has been working diligently to unlock ancient memories and recover the secrets of his once-contemporaries. More than a year ago he was asked to try to remember what he could of that sect of Nymians who created, however inadvertently, the Falling Stars miqo'te so long ago. Maybe it's time someone checked in on him.

"How can one work under such conditions! Immoral women constantly seeking to press their bosoms against one's head! Giant men with too-short towels wrapped around their waists, strutting around with no care to who sees! Must I go back to the Floating City itself to find a moment's peace?!"

1. X'cinna Ares

2. Naoh'a Aznable

3. (Orrin Halgren) S'imba subbed in

4. An!

c) A Maniac's Mansion (Tuesday, June 13th, 2017, 5 pm CST)

Goldentail and X'zarann Nunh vanished into the aether, but infamous Thaumaturge (and rumored Black/Void Mage) U'dorian the Grey believes he can track them, as long as he can have access to the point of their departure. Determined to see their threat ended, R'shesha Otharn now seeks ingress into the manor grounds, and to find a way to make a clear path for U'dorian to do his thing.

"Blades, probably wondering who's paying them now. Massive walls. Carnivorous flora. And that's before getting to the front door. Assuming the front door's even there, still. Those were some explosions."

1. R'shesha Otharn

2. Reis Okeya

3. Zaphir Zurlac

4. Orrin Halgren

Reserve List

1. Khira Lhizahla

2. Jana Ridah

3. Orrin Halgren

4. Artoria Aldsan

HOUSE RULE: For Starsfall, players are allowed to, if they wish, purchase a Stunt (like any other stunt, this is not a bonus stunt, simply a bonus rule for Starsfall) that works in the following manner: +1 to a single skill, with a single, simple condition, otherwise always active. The cap to which a skill may be brought with this sort of Stunt is 5.

NOTE: This Stunt is not available to characters who already have a natural +5 in a skill.

EXAMPLE: Gain +1 to Fight as long as you are fighting with fist weapons. This may not bring your Fight higher than 5.

Starsfall Turns for Act IV, Scene I: Purrsuit

IMPORTANT! Don't forget to take a look at the UPDATED TURN INFO POST

Last Updated: May 29

New Turns for PCs: 20

New Turns for NPCs: 20

Player Turns: 20 [PLAYER TURN CAP FOR THIS ROUND IS 4]

- Chachanji Gegenji: Prepare (1) ~ Crafting armor for Virara!

- Chachanji Gegenji: Prepare (1) ~ Tinkering up his own armor!

- Evangeline Mcbeef: Prepare (1) ~ Making drugs

- Evangeline Mcbeef: Discuss (2) ~ Acquiring retainers

- S'imba Tia: (Discuss) 2 ~ Honing the EDGE

- X'cinna Ares: (Prepare) 1 ~ Copious drinking

-

Remaining Player Turns: 12

NPC Turns: 32

- Anstarra Silverain: Prepare (1) ~ Buttering up her contacts

- Anstarra Silverain: Prepare (1) ~ Tapping said contacts

- Anstarra Silverain: Investigate (2) ~ Asking around

-

Remaining NPC Turns: 28

I'd like to use turns to work on Eva's special Nuhn Aether combat/lewd drug, but I'm not sure exactly what that would entail? So can I just reserve a few until I talk to you about rules?

• 2 months later...

Blazing lights through the sky, describing tails both beautiful and ominous as the stars fall... what will rise, in dust and ash, when they strike the earth?

Act IV: Starlit Noon

Scene II: Contrails

Rumors and Story Aspects

• A febrile peace has settled upon Ul'dah. Those who pay attention to such things are of a mind that /Now is the Calm Before the Storm/.
  • Newfound energy grips Ul'dah's underworld; between the strong front posed by the resilient Golden Pride, the sundering of monetarist mastermind Goldentail's estate, and the ill-concealed return to the public eye of formerly-disgraced master thaumaturge (and suspected voidmage) U'dorian the Grey, it seems it's /A Good Time to be Bad/.
  • In the tundra lands below the mountains of Xelphatol, the Falling Stars, a previously unknown (and, if the rumors are true, violently xenophobic and inhumanly strong and tough) tribe of miqo'te are showing more interest in the outside world. Increased trading activity is gaining the attention of merchants everywhere, as are rumors of the tribals' fighting prowess, coupled with a newfound willingness to hire themselves out as mercenaries. One way or the other, /Interest in the Falling Stars/ is growing.

a) Scholarly Pursuits (Saturday, August 5th, 2017, 6 pm CST)

A delegation of seven scholars of Nym and their armed retinue - setting out to take counsel with reclusive and cantankerous tonberry Scholar Ibes Habes - have vanished somewhere between Camp Bronze Lake and their destination around the Floating City of Nym. Increased kobold activity has been noted. Investigators and fighters alike are sought.

"Never seen the little bastards this agitated, except when they’re calling on sodding Titan. Try not to get blown up, or crushed, or what-have-you."

1. X'cinna Ares

2. Reis Okeya

3. Khira Lhizahla

b) Captain’s Collateral (Tuesday, August 8th, 2017, 6 pm CST)

Captain Cortez of the Brass Blades of the Aster, hidden away after his jaw-cracking chastisement at the hands of a renowned Flame Captain, has made a sudden appearance at the gates of his (former?) employer Moiraine Astervane (AKA Goldentail). A speech and a skirmish later, the gates were blown open, and then what seems like a small-scale war began in the grounds of the reclusive Monetarist’s fortress-like estate. Then, voidsent. Flame Captain Maximillian Maximus has had enough.

"We’ve got our damned hands full holding the perimeter and hunting down the flyin’ ones that got through while our pants were down. I’ve got half the bloody Syndicate screaming at me to restore order in one of the richest districts of Ul’dah. Get in there, close the damn void portal if it’s still open, and bring me back Cortez if there’s anything left of the fool!"

1. S'imba Tia

2. (Jana Ridah - laptop imploded, might need a replacement)

3. Seito Moonclaw

4. Virara Wakuwa

5. Alec Cromwell

c) Knight Maneuvers (Friday, August 11th, 2017, 6:30 pm CST) (Rescheduling to Saturday, August 12th, 7:00 pm CST

A darkly-armored figure has been spied lurking about Camp Dragonhead and the Snowfire Locks, and on one occasion was witnessed slaying a rogue aevis, and on another, meeting with what looked like armsmen of House Fortemps. Though many believe it to be simply a people-shy adventurer, Inquisitor Brigie believes otherwise.

"With the end of the War, many believe the Inquisition to now be irrelevant. Not so. There are still threats to our nation, and they must be met, be it with bright lance upon the battlefield, or subtle knife in the shadows. We slacken our vigil at our own peril, in an age where zealots and former heretics alike conspire to undermine Ishgard’s hard-won peace."

1. R'shesha Otharn

2. V'aleera Lhuil

3. Vael'a Ruhne

d) The Problem With Psychopaths (Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 6 pm CST)

X’ogun Tia, Fallen, chief advisor to X’zarann Silverfall Nunh of the Falling Stars sept, has posted a leve.

"In the interest of further exposing persons of interest to my Nunh, I am opening this hunt to you Adventurers. X’kirra Ares, one of our most skilled huntresses, has regretfully gone rogue. She has kidnapped someone I wish to speak with and fled into the lowlands of La Noscea. Find her and bring her back to me. Her captive too, if she hasn’t killed and/or eaten him yet."

1. Naoh'a Aznable (Lan Darklyn)

2. A'lera

3. Orrin Halgren

4. Artoria Aldsan

Reserve List

1. Zaphir Zurlac

HOUSE RULE: For Starsfall, players are allowed to, if they wish, purchase a Stunt (like any other stunt, this is not a bonus stunt, simply a bonus rule for Starsfall) that works in the following manner: +1 to a single skill, with a single, simple condition, otherwise always active. The cap to which a skill may be brought with this sort of Stunt is 5.

NOTE: This Stunt is not available to characters who already have a natural +5 in a skill.

EXAMPLE: Gain +1 to Fight as long as you are fighting with fist weapons. This may not bring your Fight higher than 5.

I'd like to sign up for B with Jana, but I tend to get home from work a little later than the posted event time (15-30 minutes, depending on traffic and things). If that's ok, that's what I'd like to do. If not, I'll sign up for event D!