Favorite Locations!

Amnesic

This is just a simple idea that came to mind last night while I was running from Ul'dah to Gridania...

What is your or your character's favorite places to go? Feel free to include time of day and/or specific weather conditions if you want!

Fe'lanah's:

North Shroud: Around 12 AM with clear skies.

Northern Thanalan: Sunset or sunrise with clear skies.

La Noscea: Cedarwood at Sunset with clear skies or windy.

Reasons: Finds them to be exceptionally beautiful, but she's a real naturally oriented person so it generally has a strong effect on her.

Personal Favorites:

North Shroud: Midnight with Tension effect.

Northern Thanalan: Midnight with fog.

La Noscea: Costa Del Sol at sunrise or sunset.

Ooh I like this!

RURAN VAS

• Western Thanalan (Silver Bazaar): Sunset. His favorite spot for meditation, sitting near the cliffside and overlooking the strait. Plus supporting the struggling merchants there!
  • The Goblet (Rooftops): Nighttime. He loves heights and tries to find the best, solitary places for stargazing and reflection. ...Even if it means a tiiiiiny bit of trespassing.
  • North Shroud (Forests): Morning/Daytime. He enjoys the chill of the Shroud in the north, reminds him of his home. He doesn't go here often, but it's still one of his favorites.

MADOC PARNELL

• Western La Noscea (Aleport): Evening. The bustling of merchants and pirates as they end their day with drinks is just the sort of liveliness he enjoys!
  • Dravanian Forelands (Tailfeather): Daytime. There’s good hunting to be had, in the form of dangerous game and a harsh wilderness. Punch a bear in the face!
  • Central Thanalan (Coffer & Coffin): Anytime. Madoc likes to meet clients and contacts here, where it’s convenient but not too crowded like the Quicksand.

I can’t say I have any personal favorites. Sea of Clouds with Umbral Wind, maybe? I like large, winding maps where it feels like I’ll get lost. I miss you, FFXI.

• 3 months later...

Baeyl's favorite place is probably Buscarron's Druthers. It was a safe haven during a dark part of her life.

She's actually pretty sentimental for South Shroud as a whole, but the Druthers and Rootslake especially (Morbols aside).

La Noscea as a whole is also very beautiful, but the frequent fog there makes her feel uneasy.

OOC, I LOVE Urth's Reach, The Vault, Amdapor, and Azys Lla.