Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): All, I guess. Long as it makes sense to the story.

Race: Au Ra Raen

Interest(s): Healing magic, learning new things

Hobby(ies): Fishing, Cooking, Poetry

Profession(s): Conjurer student

Personality: Sawako Yamamura is a very shy and nervous person. She often second guesses herself, so she tends to stammers or rephrases her questions when she speaks. Young and sheltered, she is naive in matters of love and lust, overhearing a couple flirt is enough to make her blush. 

Goal(s): Become a fully fledged conjurer, find love and get married, own a house and have children.

Background/Story: Sawako was raised by her father, a wandering bard named Maes, so she spent her childhood travelling from inn to inn for his performances. Living on the road, her father was her tutor and only friend, he taught her how to read, write, and basic mathematics, but she has very little knowledge about history, different cultures, and social interactions. Through chance or fate, Maes grew ill during their stop in Gridania. Even though the conjurer's guild was unable to cure her father, she enrolled and began to study to save him. Maes passed away, and Sawako stayed in Gridania and the Conjurer's guild, having no place else to go. 

Personal question: "Something I'd want to ask anyone else too... How do you feel about the idea of being a hired retainer, being beckoned at call(within RP reason of course), and how do you view this as a future for your char in relation to Valic for long term RP as well as fulfilling those goals?" I think it will be fun, Sawako can learn from a new figure of authority as she assists him, maybe her small world will get a bit bigger and she'll grow as a person. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): All, I guess. Long as it makes sense to the story.

Race: Au Ra Raen

Interest(s): Healing magic, learning new things

Hobby(ies): Fishing, Cooking, Poetry

Profession(s): Conjurer student

Personality: Sawako Yamamura is a very shy and nervous person. She often second guesses herself, so she tends to stammers or rephrases her questions when she speaks. Young and sheltered, she is naive in matters of love and lust, overhearing a couple flirt is enough to make her blush. 

Goal(s): Become a fully fledged conjurer, find love and get married, own a house and have children.

Background/Story: Sawako was raised by her father, a wandering bard named Maes, so she spent her childhood travelling from inn to inn for his performances. Living on the road, her father was her tutor and only friend, he taught her how to read, write, and basic mathematics, but she has very little knowledge about history, different cultures, and social interactions. Through chance or fate, Maes grew ill during their stop in Gridania. Even though the conjurer's guild was unable to cure her father, she enrolled and began to study to save him. Maes passed away, and Sawako stayed in Gridania and the Conjurer's guild, having no place else to go. 

Personal question: "Something I'd want to ask anyone else too... How do you feel about the idea of being a hired retainer, being beckoned at call(within RP reason of course), and how do you view this as a future for your char in relation to Valic for long term RP as well as fulfilling those goals?" I think it will be fun, Sawako can learn from a new figure of authority as she assists him, maybe her small world will get a bit bigger and she'll grow as a person. 

I like the answer you gave me for the personal question. Very recognizing of authority, room to grow, I love all of that.I can definitely see a teacher student relationship too whilst in the line of being a retainer lol. I'm still not sure about the naivety of love/lust because Valic's oblivious to both xD. Being into poetry too makes for interesting times when the retainer isn't busy too :P. Very nice!

I like the answer you gave me for the personal question. Very recognizing of authority, room to grow, I love all of that.I can definitely see a teacher student relationship too whilst in the line of being a retainer lol. I'm still not sure about the naivety of love/lust because Valic's oblivious to both xD. Being into poetry too makes for interesting times when the retainer isn't busy too :P

Thanks. 

Maybe naive isn't the right word, shes not oblivious to her feelings, or the concepts. Its more that its so unknown to her, that things like holding hands and hugging, basic forms of affection, would be a big thing to her.

Well, thanks for your time. If you have any other questions, pm me or to get in contact quicker, mail or tell me in game. I'm very active.

I like the answer you gave me for the personal question. Very recognizing of authority, room to grow, I love all of that.I can definitely see a teacher student relationship too whilst in the line of being a retainer lol. I'm still not sure about the naivety of love/lust because Valic's oblivious to both xD. Being into poetry too makes for interesting times when the retainer isn't busy too :P

Thanks. 

Maybe naive isn't the right word, shes not oblivious to her feelings, or the concepts. Its more that its so unknown to her, that things like holding hands and hugging, basic forms of affection, would be a big thing to her.

Well, thanks for your time. If you have any other questions, pm me or to get in contact quicker, mail or tell me in game. I'm very active.

No I got whatcha meant xD It's just I wonder if that'd be good for you because Valic doesn't even recognize such actions at all lol. I'd feel a bit sad I couldn't have my char do something so sweet when he's so unaware of love/lust himself lol. And np <3 can do o/ I just like giving my input for everyone, feels fair :).

768x432http://i.imgur.com/abBSGfX.jpg[/img]OOOH, PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME MY CHARACTER WOULD BE ALMOST PERFECT FOR THIS AND I REALLY WANTED HER TO HAVE A MENTOR TYPE ;A;

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): Generally any, though ERP I only wish to do when it's meaningful to the development of plot/relationship between characters. I'm happy with Paragraph RP but I do prefer to mix in smaller posts when I feel it's unnecessary to type a 5-sentence response to another's emote(Like answering a question, furthering dialogue, etc.)

Race: Mixed Hyur (Highlander father, Midlander mother.)

Interest(s): Chocobos, travelling, (trying to) learn new things.

Hobby(ies): Tending her chocobo, reading, amateur goldsmithing, amateur poetry, etc.

Profession(s): Courier/Delivery girl, amateur goldsmith and failed adventurer.

Personality: Friendly to a fault. She's always keen on being supportive and meeting new folks, but has a streak of pacifism which can leave her trouble when a fight is inevitable. Though outgoing, she's easily flustered and quick to minimize her own accomplishments.

Goal(s): Admiah's main goal is to be a real benefit to the realm, much like her father was as a member of the Maelstrom. She still struggles to come close, and has tried and failed to pick up the lance and mark herself as an adventurer. Despite this, she's sure she'll one day muster up the courage to save lives - even if it means taking others. More deep in her psyche is her wish to belong somewhere, surrounded by people who need her as much as she needs them.

Background/Story: Admiah was born and raised on Vylbrand to doting parents and a brash but loving elder sister. For years her life was little else than that of a farm girl, helping her mother with their small parcel of land while her father attended to his duties as a member of the Yellowjackets. As the shadow of war loomed ever darker and the Calamity drew close, her father joined the Maelstrom to fight the Garlean threat. 

As fire rained from the sky, Admiah and her sister lost almost everything. Their father perished on Carteneau and their mother died in the blazing inferno that became of the house that she was raised in. Left with nothing but eachother and Admiah's chocobo, Binky, they had to pick up the pieces of their lives. As the years passed Admiah took up the job of courier, riding fast and hard all over the island, mostly to help deliver tools and supplies desperately needed in the rebuilding. 

Barely more than a summer ago, Admiah set foot off Vylbrand for the first time. She travelled through Thanalan and into the Black Shroud, where she wound up meeting a plethora of new people and finding herself in situations she'd never imagined before. (Saving the rest for IC interaction!)

Personal question: I'm absolutely thrilled with the idea of Admiah being a retainer! It suits her skills well, and she would push herself to fulfill the requirements of the job that Valic would set for her. Through this new job she'd undoubtedly further her own goals by building her knowledge and confidence, and perhaps she'd even pick up on some of Valic's magic if he were willing to teach her. (I've been thinking hard about making her a RDM-in-training after Stormblood's launch, which I've desperately been seeking someone to be a mentor type for her in that regard. Valic seems beyond perfect for that, so I'm sincerely hoping she'll get the job!)

OOOH, PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME MY CHARACTER WOULD BE ALMOST PERFECT FOR THIS AND I REALLY WANTED HER TO HAVE A MENTOR TYPE ;A;

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): Generally any, though ERP I only wish to do when it's meaningful to the development of plot/relationship between characters. I'm happy with Paragraph RP but I do prefer to mix in smaller posts when I feel it's unnecessary to type a 5-sentence response to another's emote(Like answering a question, furthering dialogue, etc.)

Race: Mixed Hyur (Highlander father, Midlander mother.)

Interest(s): Chocobos, travelling, (trying to) learn new things.

Hobby(ies): Tending her chocobo, reading, amateur goldsmithing, amateur poetry, etc.

Profession(s): Courier/Delivery girl, amateur goldsmith and failed adventurer.

Personality: Friendly to a fault. She's always keen on being supportive and meeting new folks, but has a streak of pacifism which can leave her trouble when a fight is inevitable. Though outgoing, she's easily flustered and quick to minimize her own accomplishments.

Goal(s): Admiah's main goal is to be a real benefit to the realm, much like her father was as a member of the Maelstrom. She still struggles to come close, and has tried and failed to pick up the lance and mark herself as an adventurer. Despite this, she's sure she'll one day muster up the courage to save lives - even if it means taking others. More deep in her psyche is her wish to belong somewhere, surrounded by people who need her as much as she needs them.

Background/Story: Admiah was born and raised on Vylbrand to doting parents and a brash but loving elder sister. For years her life was little else than that of a farm girl, helping her mother with their small parcel of land while her father attended to his duties as a member of the Yellowjackets. As the shadow of war loomed ever darker and the Calamity drew close, her father joined the Maelstrom to fight the Garlean threat. 

As fire rained from the sky, Admiah and her sister lost almost everything. Their father perished on Carteneau and their mother died in the blazing inferno that became of the house that she was raised in. Left with nothing but eachother and Admiah's chocobo, Binky, they had to pick up the pieces of their lives. As the years passed Admiah took up the job of courier, riding fast and hard all over the island, mostly to help deliver tools and supplies desperately needed in the rebuilding. 

Barely more than a summer ago, Admiah set foot off Vylbrand for the first time. She travelled through Thanalan and into the Black Shroud, where she wound up meeting a plethora of new people and finding herself in situations she'd never imagined before. (Saving the rest for IC interaction!)

Personal question: I'm absolutely thrilled with the idea of Admiah being a retainer! It suits her skills well, and she would push herself to fulfill the requirements of the job that Valic would set for her. Through this new job she'd undoubtedly further her own goals by building her knowledge and confidence, and perhaps she'd even pick up on some of Valic's magic if he were willing to teach her. (I've been thinking hard about making her a RDM-in-training after Stormblood's launch, which I've desperately been seeking someone to be a mentor type for her in that regard. Valic seems beyond perfect for that, so I'm sincerely hoping she'll get the job!)

Your enthusiasm definitely shines in this post xD. I really enjoyed reading this, someone finally recognizes the yellow jackets in limsa besides me lol. Overall your enthusiasm and DETERMINATION(I'ma have a bad time....) is very admirable. When you pm'd me, I could tell you were very diligent. As far as RDM in training, debatable, Valic doesn't even realize red mages are a thing and I can't really make up too much until I see first hand when stormblood hits. As far as he knows, he's just a sexy nerd for all forms of magic and aether manipulation who happened to pick up rapier skills lol. When SB hits, it'll definitely be something I can adjust/change around a bit, he might even have this as apart of his arc to learn about "red magic" that he's had all this time without truly knowing it. In any case, very good post :3

Wow page 3... Some good choices here q.q... But regardless I still encourage.... KEEP EM COMING!

Hello!  I didn't see any mention of timezone.  Generally I'm not available for RP before 8PM EST - if that's not a dealbreaker please consider the following!

[align=center]Sheldeaux Fontaine

[/align]

[align=center]zUBjySt.png[/align]

RP style(s): Generally my posts are medium-length, giving more or less description as the situation demands.  I like seeing personalities play off each other, characters develop through IC experience, and IC blunders that make the player facepalm.  I don't like explicit gore (seems non-applicable here, but may as well state my tastes).

[align=left]Race: Elezen

Interest(s): Studying aether, making good honest gil, making sense of oddities

Hobby(ies): Hiking, whittling, dancing

Profession(s): Conjurer/Botanist.  Aspiring Arcanist.

Personality: Sheldeaux is polite to a degree that borders on servility.  He also has a burning curiosity that can put those precious good manners in jeopardy.  While he's been a Conjurer for a couple of years now, Sheldeaux doesn't believe himself to be especially smart, and accredits his successes to simple hard work and persistence.

Goal(s): Learn arcanima.  Earn a decent income.  Do good deeds.  Not die.

Background/Story: Born in Gridania, Sheldeaux knows that the best way to succeed in the world is to understand how it works.  Trouble is, for all that he's learned of nature thusfar, there are greater mysteries that his fellow Forestborn are unable or unwilling to teach.  In particular, Sheldeaux wants to know how to channel aether more efficiently, and from what little he's heard of arcane geometry, it seems to be a promising field of inquiry.  Unfortunately that requires venturing beyond the Black Shroud, into a world as of yet beyond Sheldeaux's understanding.  Also he'll need to be sending gil back home - rumor has it his youngest sister is in poor health.

[/align]

Personal question: I actually took interest in this post for a few reasons.

• Sheldeaux needs a contact affiliated with Limsa Lominsa.  That place is just too wild for him to show up without knowing anyone.
  • Being wimpy and unworldly, he can't take on a heroic-type job.
  • Knowing more experienced magely types is always a plus.
  • I've done assistant RP in other games and I enjoy it.

Suffice to say romance is not on the table here.  It's great and all, but a chance to foster an ongoing IC relationship with zero sexual tension sounds rather nice to me.  As for the "finding RP contacts" part of the job, I'm new to the game and would have to start from scratch there.

Hello!  I didn't see any mention of timezone.  Generally I'm not available for RP before 8PM EST - if that's not a dealbreaker please consider the following!

[align=center]Sheldeaux Fontaine

[/align]

[align=center]zUBjySt.png[/align]

RP style(s): Generally my posts are medium-length, giving more or less description as the situation demands.  I like seeing personalities play off each other, characters develop through IC experience, and IC blunders that make the player facepalm.  I don't like explicit gore (seems non-applicable here, but may as well state my tastes).

[align=left]Race: Elezen

Interest(s): Studying aether, making good honest gil, making sense of oddities

Hobby(ies): Hiking, whittling, dancing

Profession(s): Conjurer/Botanist.  Aspiring Arcanist.

Personality: Sheldeaux is polite to a degree that borders on servility.  He also has a burning curiosity that can put those precious good manners in jeopardy.  While he's been a Conjurer for a couple of years now, Sheldeaux doesn't believe himself to be especially smart, and accredits his successes to simple hard work and persistence.

Goal(s): Learn arcanima.  Earn a decent income.  Do good deeds.  Not die.

Background/Story: Born in Gridania, Sheldeaux knows that the best way to succeed in the world is to understand how it works.  Trouble is, for all that he's learned of nature thusfar, there are greater mysteries that his fellow Forestborn are unable or unwilling to teach.  In particular, Sheldeaux wants to know how to channel aether more efficiently, and from what little he's heard of arcane geometry, it seems to be a promising field of inquiry.  Unfortunately that requires venturing beyond the Black Shroud, into a world as of yet beyond Sheldeaux's understanding.  Also he'll need to be sending gil back home - rumor has it his youngest sister is in poor health.

[/align]

Personal question: I actually took interest in this post for a few reasons.

• Sheldeaux needs a contact affiliated with Limsa Lominsa.  That place is just too wild for him to show up without knowing anyone.
  • Being wimpy and unworldly, he can't take on a heroic-type job.
  • Knowing more experienced magely types is always a plus.
  • I've done assistant RP in other games and I enjoy it.

Suffice to say romance is not on the table here.  It's great and all, but a chance to foster an ongoing IC relationship with zero sexual tension sounds rather nice to me.  As for the "finding RP contacts" part of the job, I'm new to the game and would have to start from scratch there.

I'ma come right out and say it, I'm a heterosexual male and heterosexual miqo'te, but your elezen is DAMN FINE! xD. *clears throat* That said.. His personality sounds like a near perfect fit for Valic to a degree. The romance and mature RP you're kinda right on, I don't often see much of the M and ofc you're not a girl so obviously :P... I like that you have experience for this sorta thing from other mmo's as well too. As far as getting in contact with other RP'ers, that's actually just the benefit of this idea. Imagine Valic asking his retainer to go out and advertise or ask for some help from someone about engineering a magitek craft or a fellow scholar. It leads to open possibilities for who your character could come across. And the time isn't too big of an issue, I'm actually a night owl some days so it's no biggie.

-Just a lil announcement here to everyone who reads from here out-

My sub is currently expired until further notice for reasons, possibly just a week or until the end of May. With that said, I'm still putting a ton of thought into deciding here because I would definitely like a retainer for LONG term. So I still standby saying, so long as the first post claims this thread's applications are "OPEN", keep on posting if you're interested \o/.

Minor announcement/bump.

So I'm capable of getting stormblood and more sub time <3. With that said, I'm gonna be closing this around the end of May and finally pick. I still won't be online until the end of may because I'd love to sub when stormblood is coming for the most time out of it of course. That said, anyone who'd still like to apply, feel free to go for it \o/ I'll update the first post saying when it'll be closing.

I'd also like to thank everyone who has and still might apply to this. I love Balmung's RP community and how things like this can just exist. Having an actual retainer have a story with me sounds like the most awesome thing and I'm really excited <3! Also whoever I end up not picking, I hope everyone still knows I put a LOOOT of thought into choosing. I've reread everyone's applicants here already at least 10 times, so just know you're all awesome and if you're still looking to be someone's retainer, you could always ask yourself in this same section easily!

\o/ That all out of the way, if anyone wants to apply, GO FOR IT! :D

Just wanna bump this one last time in case anyone would still like to enter as a choice. Ends in about 2 weeks and a half but I'm still open to anyone else who may be interested~

I also updated the first post to have my wiki article I finally made. Figure it's fair I share some info now since I requested so much >.>; it's still under a bit of construction until stormblood comes out though for some areas of it but generally covers his background information, personality, etc. Link is below in this post too if anyone wants to check it out or provide some feedback/criticism:P (cuz I'm sure it has typos or I didn't write something correctly in it >.<)

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Valic_Sunblood

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. Sadly I'm not on Balmung anymore otherwise I'd have offered a collaboration of some sort. My character will be a Red Mage (once we have the lore, I can finalize his background), and my intent was to go around teaching people the art of Red Magic and the associated swordsmanship.

Either way, best of luck to you!

I'd just like to thank everyone who applied and let them know the wait is finally over. I genuinely can't express how many times I had to rethink this over and how close it came for everyone. In the end I chose SulahnDaAssan as my primary retainer. I still may consider picking a 2nd if I feel time allows me to and it's able to be fair to balance long term RP among the group but until then I will be experimenting to see how it feels. Probably by stormblood I should have a good idea if not after stormblood as well. Thank you again everyone for your entries, I really enjoyed reading them and thinking about the possibilities for the future.

Interesting. Sadly I'm not on Balmung anymore otherwise I'd have offered a collaboration of some sort. My character will be a Red Mage (once we have the lore, I can finalize his background), and my intent was to go around teaching people the art of Red Magic and the associated swordsmanship.

Either way, best of luck to you!

Aw, that does sound like it would've been fun. I'm still unsure if Valic would be a master(of none?) or just still in it's practices atm but I could see some fun being associated with teaching the techniques. Or even just helping learn some lore all around it xD. I know plenty of people who'd like that on Balmung too, good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, due to misunderstandings/circumstances, I had to cancel recruiting Sulahn for a retainer as I had hoped. It's alright though, but I'd just like to preface stating I'm seeking long term RP and preferably as a character you actively play that will be online often. Someone that will be able to receive responses and replies, rather than needing to be contacted to switch characters or to get online etc.

With that said, the position is open again and I added a few "pluses" that'd be nice/beneficial. Obviously not required as anyone can write/explore their way into finding reasons around the stated. For those who have already applied, I've already pm'd if they were still interested or not, or how/if their character could work with Valic. If you already posted and you're still interested, please feel free to post again to show you're still on Balmung, online, and willing! (a lot's happened since before SB huh?).

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): Usually tend to match RP partner.

Race: Keeper Miqo'te

Interest(s): Airships and Magitek

Hobby(ies): Reading, Gardening and tinkering

Profession(s): Airship mechanic

Personality: Calm and relaxed and supportive

Goal(s): Being able to work on a Odysse or Viltgance class airship.

Background/Story: Orphaned as a young cub in Ul'dah she has no knowledge of her biological parents, but was adopted at the age of 2 by an Elezen couple and moved to Foundation where she spent most of her childhood and teen years. Got into smithing and then into mechanics due to economic reasons and has stayed in that field to this present day (also had a go at being a maid once.)

Personal question:

I do truly find the idea of being an IC retainer rather interesting, and it is something I would love to try, as having a IC/RP job would be really fun. When it comes to fulfilling Esie's goals I am not too sure how that would go, unless Valic has a Viltgance airship that Esie could work on. I find the concept that Esie is mainly focused on mechanical things, and not magic fun, and I could imagine this creating some entertaining situations and conversations, and the ability for both characters to learn about the different fields the specialize in.

Hi, I think I typed too much. Sorry. xD

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Tsuki_Amaranth   [bit outdated but may be helpful.]

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): Sort of para, with short answers thrown in when relevant, but I tend tomatch whoever I'm RPing with the best I can. I'll do all RP but not ERP. 

Race: Seeker, Miqo'te

Hobby(ies): Lately? Fighting. She has won two tournaments recently, though has limited knowledge of any other specialization than Conjury. Flinging rocks and using earth-aspected aether is her specialty but she has seen thaumaturgy andother magick specializations and wishes to learn more but is reluctant to go through the years of training that would be required. She is a little impatient.

She also can drink a little too much, enjoying rum.

Profession(s): She was a weaver, though gave it up after a tragic past, and is now a conjurer. Mostly.

Personality: Tsuki has a kind heart, to the core. However, she is quick to anger, easily wound-up, and is currently going through a period of confusion, not knowing what side of morality she should/wants to land on, having had some 'questionable' friends recently. She is very passionate, and will struggle to follow orders unless she deems the instructor strong/intelligent enough/worthy. She makes alot of mistakes due to acting without thinking sometimes.

Goal(s): She wants to be a strong sword fighter, but is clumsy, physically weak etc. Her strengths lay with aether usage.

Background/Story: I don't like to give too much away. But she's from the T Tribe originally, however adopted at a young age by parents who descended from the East and gave her name, Tsuki. (Her real name, though, she will never tell anyone this unless she trusts them with her life.) she was a very successful weaver through her late-teens, however things happened, and she swore to become a healer so no-one would ever die in her arms again. However, lately, she feels a life dedicated to soley healing isn't her full potential, and she has grown restless.

Personal question: 

After a serious of reckless actions which wound upgetting Tsuki and her friends injured, Tsuki wishes to become better at following orders and instructions, as well as learning more about various schools of magic and perhaps even sword-combat, from someone such as Valic, however, she may be difficult to work with, if approached the wrong way. She can be temperamental and unreasonable, depending on the circumstance. But she can be wise and intelligent when she wants to be.

She enjoys serving and being helpful, deep down,and learning new things, so being a retainer would be beneficial to her. Give her a sense of purpose which she currently lacks.

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): Usually tend to match RP partner.

Race: Keeper Miqo'te

Interest(s): Airships and Magitek

Hobby(ies): Reading, Gardening and tinkering

Profession(s): Airship mechanic

Personality: Calm and relaxed and supportive

Goal(s): Being able to work on a Odysse or Viltgance class airship.

Background/Story: Orphaned as a young cub in Ul'dah she has no knowledge of her biological parents, but was adopted at the age of 2 by an Elezen couple and moved to Foundation where she spent most of her childhood and teen years. Got into smithing and then into mechanics due to economic reasons and has stayed in that field to this present day (also had a go at being a maid once.)

Hi, I think I typed too much. Sorry. xD

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Tsuki_Amaranth   [bit outdated but may be helpful.]

RP style(s)(such as M, E, Paragraph, etc): Sort of para, with short answers thrown in when relevant, but I tend tomatch whoever I'm RPing with the best I can. I'll do all RP but not ERP. 

Race: Seeker, Miqo'te

Hobby(ies): Lately? Fighting. She has won two tournaments recently, though has limited knowledge of any other specialization than Conjury. Flinging rocks and using earth-aspected aether is her specialty but she has seen thaumaturgy andother magick specializations and wishes to learn more but is reluctant to go through the years of training that would be required. She is a little impatient.

She also can drink a little too much, enjoying rum.

Profession(s): She was a weaver, though gave it up after a tragic past, and is now a conjurer. Mostly.

Personality: Tsuki has a kind heart, to the core. However, she is quick to anger, easily wound-up, and is currently going through a period of confusion, not knowing what side of morality she should/wants to land on, having had some 'questionable' friends recently. She is very passionate, and will struggle to follow orders unless she deems the instructor strong/intelligent enough/worthy. She makes alot of mistakes due to acting without thinking sometimes.

Goal(s): She wants to be a strong sword fighter, but is clumsy, physically weak etc. Her strengths lay with aether usage.

Background/Story: I don't like to give too much away. But she's from the T Tribe originally, however adopted at a young age by parents who descended from the East and gave her name, Tsuki. (Her real name, though, she will never tell anyone this unless she trusts them with her life.) she was a very successful weaver through her late-teens, however things happened, and she swore to become a healer so no-one would ever die in her arms again. However, lately, she feels a life dedicated to soley healing isn't her full potential, and she has grown restless.

Personal question: 

After a serious of reckless actions which wound upgetting Tsuki and her friends injured, Tsuki wishes to become better at following orders and instructions, as well as learning more about various schools of magic and perhaps even sword-combat, from someone such as Valic, however, she may be difficult to work with, if approached the wrong way. She can be temperamental and unreasonable, depending on the circumstance. But she can be wise and intelligent when she wants to be.

She enjoys serving and being helpful, deep down,and learning new things, so being a retainer would be beneficial to her. Give her a sense of purpose which she currently lacks.

I feel torn in my options here lmao.... Both are so unique and nice. One being an engineer, intelligent, and collected. The other passionate but willing while fighting their inner struggles... The room to grow on both is available and full of potential but I'm still unsure lol.

@Esie, I know you gave me your personal question's answer in game but I honestly cn't remember lol. If possible, can you edit it in or post it here again for me to re-read?

@Tsuki maybe just up the size of your text a bit xD. Overall good though <3

Application of Rin Matsui

RP styles: Pretty much open to anything.

Race: Doman Hyur

Interests: Education of martial and intellectual skills, traveling, cute things.

Hobbies: Traveling when able.

Profession: Freelancer

Personality: Lively but strong.

Goal: Wanting to learn to use magic arts in the near future.

Background: A Doman immigrant who ended up in Eorzea.  Still very young and looking for her place in the world. 

Personal Question: Though this is not the sort of person to usually enjoy being in service for someone, she is needing work and is looking for someone knowledgeable in magic studies.  She hopes to build a strong enough relationship over time so that she may learn herself and possibly become an apprentice.  She also has personal ties to Doma and would benefit from a means to return there.

Interests: Education of martial and intellectual skills, traveling, cute things.

Background: A Doman immigrant who ended up in Eorzea.  Still very young and looking for her place in the world. 

Personal Question: Though this is not the sort of person to usually enjoy being in service for someone, she is needing work and is looking for someone knowledgeable in magic studies.  She hopes to build a strong enough relationship over time so that she may learn herself and possibly become an apprentice.  She also has personal ties to Doma and would benefit from a means to return there.

Not bad, if I may, any particular areas of magic you or your character would find of interest or just a blank slate? Anything to elaborate on that background-wise would be nice too.

Also, exactly what age area is she would you say?

Hi, um, not applying for the retainer job but I am interested if you're ever in Ul'dah or Lisma, to maybe RP with you with either John Waterstrike or his sister Tanya.

John has a partner with the Nym fairy, Kit, who has been teaching him some of the magic from that time.  Kit can be sassy at times and love apples (in part from John best friend/love interest, Howl when John was only able to give her a carbuncle form).  He is a keeper of the moon adoptive by some Ul'dah nobles.

Tanya is John's hyur sister from the family that adoptive him.  She know white magic, from her time learning conjury, as well as thaumaturgy, and red magic from her and John's father.  She actually lost her life at Carteneau only to be brought back 6 or so years later when John and a voidsent hunter by the name of Ruran Vas ended the life of the void sent that had set up a spell/curse amoung her group.

I hope that if you're interested and would enjoy doing some research rp with you if you want to.  I do plan to try and update John's Wiki and get Tanya's up while I'm on vacation this coming week.

Not bad, if I may, any particular areas of magic you or your character would find of interest or just a blank slate? Anything to elaborate on that background-wise would be nice too.

She is teenaged.  Even though she would learn about any field of magic, she particularly wants to be able to wield black/white.

Hi, um, not applying for the retainer job but I am interested if you're ever in Ul'dah or Lisma, to maybe RP with you with either John Waterstrike or his sister Tanya.

John has a partner with the Nym fairy, Kit, who has been teaching him some of the magic from that time.  Kit can be sassy at times and love apples (in part from John best friend/love interest, Howl when John was only able to give her a carbuncle form).  He is a keeper of the moon adoptive by some Ul'dah nobles.

Tanya is John's hyur sister from the family that adoptive him.  She know white magic, from her time learning conjury, as well as thaumaturgy, and red magic from her and John's father.  She actually lost her life at Carteneau only to be brought back 6 or so years later when John and a voidsent hunter by the name of Ruran Vas ended the life of the void sent that had set up a spell/curse amoung her group.

I hope that if you're interested and would enjoy doing some research rp with you if you want to.  I do plan to try and update John's Wiki and get Tanya's up while I'm on vacation this coming week.

Interesting, if I ever happen to see you int he area and I'm RP'ing, I'll see about it :3

Background: A Doman immigrant who ended up in Eorzea. Still very young and looking for her place in the world.

Personal Question: Though this is not the sort of person to usually enjoy being in service for someone, she is needing work and is looking for someone knowledgeable in magic studies. She hopes to build a strong enough relationship over time so that she may learn herself and possibly become an apprentice. She also has personal ties to Doma and would benefit from a means to return there.

She is teenaged. Even though she would learn about any field of magic, she particularly wants to be able to wield black/white.

Any particular reason why? And early/late teens? Specifics :P

Interesting, if I ever happen to see you int he area and I'm RP'ing, I'll see about it :3

Background: A Doman immigrant who ended up in Eorzea.  Still very young and looking for her place in the world.  

Personal Question: Though this is not the sort of person to usually enjoy being in service for someone, she is needing work and is looking for someone knowledgeable in magic studies.  She hopes to build a strong enough relationship over time so that she may learn herself and possibly become an apprentice.  She also has personal ties to Doma and would benefit from a means to return there.

She is teenaged.  Even though she would learn about any field of magic, she particularly wants to be able to wield black/white.

Any particular reason why? And early/late teens? Specifics :P

Early. And it's because those would seem like the most useful to her.  Most of the details are vague since you wouldn't really know that much about her yet.

Race: Mi'qote

Interest(s): Martial Arts, travelling, eating, and drinking

Hobby(ies): Brewing alcohol, travelling, eating (Yes she counts eating as a hobby)

Profession(s): Adventurer (Blacklisted from the adventurer's guild for causing repeated collateral damage)

Personality: Ayarun is a good hearted individual, but unfortunately not a very smart one. She acts on whims and instinct more than any sort of thought process. She is perfectly content to spend her days in the wilderness, hunting for survival and training to become a stronger martial artist. Social etiquette tends to confuse her, and she's gotten in trouble before for not knowing how to behave in public. However, she loves meeting people, and will happily risk life and limb to help someone whom she has never met.

Goal(s): Ayarun doesn't make long-term goals. She lives in the moment always. However, if offered a chance to learn about mi'qote and their culture, she'd probably jump at it-- how much information sticks and how much goes out the other ear could be a subject for debate.

Background/Story: Ayarun was born to a Mi'qote clan near southern Thanalan. When she was around three years old however, an amal'jaa raiding party attacked a trade caravan that her and her parents were a part of. A stray arrow struck the young Ayarun and she was left for dead. The rest of the caravan was slain or captured. To Aya's good fortune, an old monk who deserted the Fists of Rhalgr during it's last days happened upon the wreck of the caravan, and the young mi'qote. He took her in, nursed her back to health, and raised her as his granddaughter. However it was not out of the kindness of his heart. Varrel wanted someone to carry on his legacy, and one day get revenge upon the empire and anyone else he believed brought the downfall of the Fists. Ayarun was taught from a young age how to fight, but not much else. Anything other than that would be too much knowledge for what he essentially equated to a tool. But, the old hyur passed away before anything could come of his training, and before Ayarun was old enough to realize he was doing her a great disservice. Until the calamity forced her out, she continued to live much how she always did inside her grandpa's hut. Hunting for her meals, training to become stronger, never questioning the lessons her beloved (And two-faced) grandfather taught her.

Then the calamity came, and that old hut fell with most of the rest of Eorzea. Ayarun had no choice but to leave. Ever since then she's been wandering, and learning that the world is far more wonderful, interesting, confusing, and terrible than she ever could have imagined. She's had adventures, made and lost friends, and has grown as a fighter and as a person. But she still has her childish naivity and curiousity about the world around her, despite the fact that most of what she learns tends to sail over her head.

Personal question: Ayarun doesn't really understand the concept of being too proud to do a job, if someone needs her help she'll be there without a moment of hesitation. She doesn't even really care about gil. Being paid in food is far more rewarding to her. As for where I see this potentially going long-term, the sky's the limit. Romance is something that Ayarun doesn't really -get-. She's never had anyone she felt for in a romantic sense. That could always change, although if something like that'd happen it'd be far, far off in the future. More likely I see a relationship that starts off rocky, considering the opposite nature of Valic and Aya, that may eventually turn into grudging respect, and then into a close friendship.

Some pluses: Well, Ayarun isn't an au ra nor does she have any particular interest in magic. But an excuse to travel to new places will always get Ayarun excited