4.0 (Prelim) Patch Notes

Kage

Just from skimming, a couple things came to mind:

1.) Those Gold Saucer-themed weapons amuse me. Along with the Gambler's outfit, you can probably do a whole nice theme for the Saucer now. I kinda want to see all the other weapon options.

2.) It's surprisingly nice to find that the new jobs are starting at level 50 rather than 30 like in HW. Just 20 levels to hit cap instead of 30, though I feel the HW FATEs are gonna be pretty crowded for a while.

3.) The death debuffs hurt MORE in the combat stats, but apparently now you won't suddenly have a lot less health? And it lasts a bit less. I guess the overall feeling is that you have a better chance to survive until it fades, but you're not really going to be contributing?

4.) Sound effects for draw actions. I always liked the Lightning Returns book because it made noises when it unfolded. Gotta hear all the rest now too.

5.) There are fishing nodes. MINING FOR FISH IS A REALITY.

6.) If Legendary and Unspoiled nodes won't close while they're still being looted... will people be able to "hold" them for other people to get there?

7.) Region map change seems super handy, oh my god.

8.) Pucker up emote. That is all.

Got to love the snail download speed SE patcher provides : <

Also errored out once already downloading it, hopefully try two manages to grab it.

Edit: Seriously, it's bouncing between 1mb and 10mb constantly. Patcher make up your mind.

Also thank you Berrod for the advice!

Snail speed is not on SQEnix's end.  Patch took less then 15 min for me.

I'm half expecting a second phase to this patch, 6GB for the amount of content added is impressive.

Got to love the snail download speed SE patcher provides : <

Also errored out once already downloading it, hopefully try two manages to grab it.

Edit: Seriously, it's bouncing between 1mb and 10mb constantly. Patcher make up your mind.

Also thank you Berrod for the advice!

No problem! Some users outside of the US will experience the speed roller coaster. Don't worry, it'll go up to your max speed enough to complete before long!

Woohoo, excited! I saved Heavensward MSQs for Red Mage, can't wait to get started on those, can't wait to play the class I subbed for, can't wait to learn what their story is all about! :thumbsup:

Eastern aesthetic isn't really my thing, but I have to say those new zones look really great. Maybe I'll learn to love the Far East like I did Pandaria (best WoW expansion don't fight me).

This is something I just noticed. Ul'dah is going to be a cluster with both new jobs starting their questlines IN UL'DAH. :dazed:

I mean, it's good that you're not stuck having to go to the new zones like with the HW jobs but... putting both new job start quests in the most populace citystate (at least on Balmung, anyway) just seems to be asking for trouble.

This is something I just noticed. Ul'dah is going to be a cluster with both new jobs starting their questlines IN UL'DAH. :dazed:

I mean, it's good that you're not stuck having to go to the new zones like with the HW jobs but... putting both new job start quests in the most populace citystate (at least on Balmung, anyway) just seems to be asking for trouble.

I think so too.

There was an interview with Yoshi-P where he says that RDM will be in Ul'dah, but he also says that those looking for SAM would be fine logging out in Ul'dah as well. I hoped that this meant that SAM would be at Vesper Bay or the ease was contributed to teleporting to wherever we wanted... I never thought we'd have both jobs in the same City State. At least they're not in the same sections.

6.) If Legendary and Unspoiled nodes won't close while they're still being looted... will people be able to "hold" them for other people to get there?

I'm betting it's designed so that if you have it open when the time runs out, it lets you finish gathering. The node vanishes, but the interface won't.

Ah, that'd make a bit more sense, yeah.

de4bffc4fb40b355db2cb463273acab6f10e26ac_116.png?1497529462

I DON'T CARE WHAT DEGENERATE OR DEPLORABLE THINGS i MUST DO, WHAT i MUST SLAY OR OFFER MYSELF TO IN ORDER TO AQUIRE THIS THING BUT LET ME TELL YOU ONE THING: I WILL. I WILL DO WHATEVER EVER I HAVE TO DO TO GET IT. WHAT EVER IT IS.

Not to brag or anything (I'm totally bragging) but it only took around 10 mins for me to download the patch.

The patch is being released patches :P check throughout the day.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/cdb66bfbdb20fb63615344aea7419b73da45a837

So far, it seems I've gotten everything.

\o/ Yeah; I just started downloading mine and my fiance's since he's gone for E3. It hasn't taken very long for me either. :D

From what somebody in one of my Discord servers told me, if you've gotten the 6 GB download, then you're done-- apparently they've been gradually patching in the remaining assets since 3.3 or so. I'd keep an eye out anyway just in case, but if there's still not another download and only five and a half hours left to go, I doubt there's going to be another one.