Character References

[align=center]The Basics[/align]

RACE ~ Hyur Midlander

GENDER ~ Female

SKIN TONE ~ Dark. The darkest tone available in game, actually!

BUILD ~ Slender, slightly toned. The key points for this are her bosom and rear are both slim, almost 'lacking' in both areas.

HEIGHT ~ A little short. I'd say around 5 foot 6 inches.

HAIR COLOUR ~ Bright blonde.

HAIR STYLE ~ She always keeps her hair tied up in a small knot at the back of her head. Her fringe is always off to the side. The character hairstyle chosen is actually the perfect representation of her hair, really!

EYE COLOUR ~ Deep green, in both eyes.

[align=center]The Details[/align]

EXPRESSION ~ There's two you can run with, here! Either a comic 'angry' look, or just a pleasant smiling expression. She's both a hot head and a very caring character, so these two expressions would represent that well I think.

DEMEANOR ~ Loud, not afraid to speak her mind. Can often be generous to those she feels are in need of aid.

ATTIRE ~ Normally? I'd say something similar to the Hyur female starting gear. Basic leather that's a little stylish. Her chest would usually be covered up. On the other end, she used to wear a lot of fancy robes with very detailed embroidery on them, so you can go either way with that!

POSE ~ Pose is up to the artist! I'm really happy with anything, here. Sitting down, standing, reading a book, pointing at someone 'off-screen' and yelling. All of them work fine for me!

NOTES ~ All of the above are just recommendations! I'd LOVE to see people's own interpretations of Alexis, so if you want to go with some other idea then please do! I'd just adore to see what people come up with themselves when given their creative freedom!

WIKI ~ It's unfinished, but here's a link! Alexis

[align=center]The References[/align]

I only have two real references, but here they are!

Close up on face!

8sMTjX5.png

Full body shot!

14o4yt.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided it's time to do this. ^^

Name: Keru Lowry

Skin Tone: Lightly Tanned

Build: Slender with lean muscle

Class: Arcanist

Height: 5'3

Hair Color: Light(Kinda pale) blonde, with red tones.

Hairstyle: Messy

Eye Color: Light Green

Expression: I'd love it if he was embarrassed or nervous. I'm okay with really any expressions though.

Attire: The outfit is in this picture.

KeruLowry08_18_201316_43_29_zpsee623bd4.png

Wiki: Here

MiqoKeru1_zps83491920.png

KeruLowry08_19_201309_48_07_zpsdabbcc5d.png

I may as well pop this up here... money tight for a bit so I'll have to save up for commissions.

RACE ~ Miqo'te (Mixed Clan, created in-game as Keeper)

GENDER ~ Male

SKIN TONE ~ Pale Peach-ish

BUILD ~ Slim and lithe. Has muscle definition when de-shirted but is not 'built'.

HEIGHT ~ Tall for a Miqo'te at 5 fulms, 9 ilms.

HAIR COLOUR ~ Deep black with burnished red highlights visible when light hits them just right.

HAIR STYLE ~ Silky and thick, T'sal's hair is a deep black that he keeps smoothed back from his face. He lets it grow long, though keeps it trimmed to avoid ratty ends. (Game does not offer a long enough style right now, he should have hair down between his shoulder blades.)

TAIL AND EAR FUR ~ T'sal's tail and ears are full long-hair, similar to the fur found on a black maine coon cat. IE: Long silky fur, very full tail, tufts at the top of his ears. (There are 3 different images linked for reference.)

EYE COLOUR ~ Very bright silver.

EXPRESSION ~ Distant, disinterested, disapproving and annoyed. Those are his USUAL expressions. He can be prodded into rages, which can be scary, but those are very rare. His smiles are 'keen' and can be chilling to people though he can put on a 'pleasant' smile when he has to, though anyone who knows him will recognize it as a 'mask expression' and not real.

DEMEANOR ~ Usually quiet and serious, he appears to brood heavily when alone and seems very detached from the world around him, as if he holds no interest in it. He adapts to those around him when he is in the company of others leading very observant people to accuse him of simply putting on masks and pretending to have the emotions he shows.

ATTIRE ~ Crisp and clean, T'sal prefers tunics with full sleeves, tight breeches and tall boots. He tends to wear finger-less gloves to let his sharp nails free for practical use. He keeps a book attached to his belt along with multiple pouches for his inks, quills and other necessary nick-nacks. And one dedicated to his sweets... When he takes time to go down to the docks to help out, a habit his adopted father installed in him and to keep an eye out for anything interesting coming off the ships, he will strip his shirt off to avoid damaging it and getting it soaked in the work-induced sweat.

POSE ~ Whatever the artist finds appropriate for their image, I suppose. In my head I often picture him sitting at his window-seat with the window open to the sea breeze looking up at the night sky with his flute resting in his lap... but that's just me. ;)

NOTES ~ I'm all too happy to see what people would be interested in doing regarding T'sal's appearance. That said, I hope people will avoid some things... particularly if they go against his personality/temperament/character. IE: Hugging, anything remotely romantic(at the moment), etc. That's just... not T'sal.

WIKI ~ T'salmaveth Sadi'a

Frontal_no_clothing_zps840f0318.jpg~original

Face_upclose_zpsf285b477.jpg~original

Battlemage_Front_zps630acc1f.jpg~original

Battlemage_Back_zps44fa13c7.jpg~original

I can't even buy the game now, so may as well toss this up and hope someone's interested.

Name: Fystrael Abylstyrwyn

Race: Roegadyn Sea Wolf

Class: Marauder/Warrior

Height: 7 fulms

Weight/Build: Large Roegadyn female with a penchant towards chubbiness, but rather slim now she's out on her own.  Muscles present but not prone to standing out.

Hair: Chin-length black bob, often braided at temples and put in a bandeau to pull hair back from forehead.  Blue highlights

Eyes: Dark hazel (right) and dark brown (left).

Personality: Optimistic, but reserved and quiet.  Competitive. Slightly suspicious but naive overall. Believes in hard work and responsibility. A bit of a bully.  Smarter than she speaks. Expressive face.  Dislikes skirts, her breasts, and sexual contact.  See 100 questions thread and wiki.

References:  See wiki for body shot.  Head shot in avatar.  This video for clothing ideas and attitude.  Skin is slightly darker than the typical Sea Wolf green.  Scars on face include one on left jaw and one stretching from forehead, just above left eye, towards right eye, crossing upper nose bridge.

Joining the Bandwagon~ Most of this can be found on Otte's wiki from here, but I wrote a shorter version anyway. I might make a proper ref sheet of him someday, when I manage to drag myself away from the game xD

Name: Otte Dreamwalker

Skin Tone: Tanned

Build: Petite and androgynous

Class: Arcanist

Height: 4'11'' or 149 cm

Hair Color: Dark reddish brown, or Dark mahogany 

Hairstyle: Ruffled and unruly, reaching nape of the neck from the back

Eye Color: Red

Attire: Different robes and cowls, sometimes wears glasses.

A simple reference sheet of him, with a close up of the face:

Otte_ref_small.jpg

Otte_ref_portrait.jpg

And a screenie of his in-game looks:

Otte_full.jpg

Birth Name: Remis Locke

Race: Hyur, Midlander

Height: 5ft 9

Hair Colour: Blonde

Eye Colour: Blue

Body Type: Regular

Place of Birth: Unknown

Residence: Ul'dar

Wiki Page: Complete Wikipedia Page of Remis Locke: Click Here

Outward Appearance

Remis as a person would seem quite out of place within a normal setting. The main reason for this would be because of the nobleman's clothing he wears casually, coloured a flamboyant blue.  His features however go against his wealthy image for he comes across as looking quite rugged, regardless of his well kept blonde hair and youthful looks. A small scar which is plainly visible despite his best efforts to hide it sits upon his right cheek. His nose is also broken in several places though his deep blue eyes are said to be the most dominant feature in his overall appearance.

Upon closer observation the man seems friendly, if not a little careless. When spoken to he comes across as being quite narcissistic which shows in his mannerisms. Being a frightful womaniser, he is often seen talking to women in his casual charming tone, smiling and maintaining his relaxed, confident posture.

Remis carries only one weapon, a battered looking sword. When attempting to impress he often tries to catch the person's eye with the relic in a hope to provoke curiosity. The sword in question looks quite simple, apart from the strange marking on its hilt which resembles a star.

[align=center]Artwork drawn by Jenni Saarinen 2012

[/align]

[align=center]the_false_gentleman_in_his_prime_11524.jpg[/align]

*Format taken from Koyu!*

RACE ~ Keeper of the Moon, Miqo'te.

GENDER ~ Female.

SKIN TONE ~ Pale whitish/grey.

BUILD ~ Slender, slightly toned, medium bust.

HEIGHT ~ As short as a Keeper can be

HAIR COLOUR ~ Darkest Black with pinkish purple highlights

HAIR STYLE ~ Punk rock choppy style.

MARKINGS ~ Pale stripes on face and cheeks.

EYE COLOUR ~ One is bright blue, the other bright purple.

EXPRESSION ~ Usually seems cheerful, but sometimes you'll catch sight of a thoughtful or stressed look on her face which indicates that the cheerfulness isn't always genuine.

DEMEANOR ~ She's somewhat outwardly bubbly and a little too interested in shiny objects it seems, she loves adventure and having a good time, laughing and teasing. On the switch though she can be a little skittish and nervous in certain situations, and will literally bolt or try to disappear in some moments of duress.

ATTIRE ~ Her taste is eclectic but she likes form fitting tops or loose pirate shirts, and typically tall boots over shorts or long pants. She's fond of purple and green.

NOTES ~ Do whatever!

WIKI ~ Don't have one yet D:

[align=left]

iPxhkP8.jpg

3S8IkyZ.jpg

c13xXmW.jpg

ehU6ZMH.jpg

KaHFuZq.jpg

yjQ3IQP.jpg

AJXYme9.jpg

Other Images:

Deceptively Innocent

Arhista Razihya

Other References:

In a "If my character was played by an actress..." world, she would be played by Jodelle Ferland

[/align]

Guess I'll put Xha'li up for Art useage

Race: Miqo'te Keeper of the Moon

Hair: Light Red, with even lighter highlights

Skin Tone: Pale white

Height: 5'2

Build: Thin with somewhat defined muscles

Other: Almost always has his Carbuncle Kedah with him

Restrictions: PG-13 unless you ask first, and if you use him please PM me with a link

References:

15cpLaB.jpg

[align=center]Basic Info[/align]

Name: X'sol Tia

Race: Miqo'te, Seeker of the Sun

Skintone: Pale

Build: Athletic, think swimmer/football player. (soccer to you americans) The tribal lifestyle of hunting and manual labour means he's more built for endurance than raw strength.

Height: 170cm

Hair Colour: Blue (It's a particular type of bluish grey colour some cats have. See this link for an example)

Hair Style: Medium long and naturally straight. (as opposed to straightener straight) I would have liked it to be a bit longer, something like this, but the ingame hairstyle is a pretty good representation of what I'm going for. It' a mane.

Markings: Your run-of-the-mill male Miqo'te facial markings.

Eye colour: A pale green colour. I made my character to look like my actual cat, and norwegian forest cats by and large, have these kinds of pale green eyes. And in case you were wondering. That last picture is to scale. They're pretty big cats.

Tail: Fluffy as f**k. I couldn't make it fluffy enough ingame, unfortunately. But I made it as long and fluffy as possible.

[align=center]Details[/align]

Expression: His default is to sport a determined expression, with piercing eyes that look through you rather than at you. Constantly sizing you up, looking for any gap in your defences, any small sign of weakness. He is a predator, after all.

But he has a full range of expressions, although that look does tend to feature in a lot of them.

Demeanour: Confident, Reserved, Sardonic. He's not violent, but his personality is aggressive. Sort of relentless. Not to say he's unreasonable, but if he wants something he won't hesitate to just go for it.

He loves to sleep, and doesn't really care where it is or who's around. It wouldn't be unthinkable for him to climb up onto some large tent or awning and treat it like his own personal hammock when he wants to take a quick nap. He also really likes apples, and apple brandy. Really, any alocohol, but apple brandy is his favourite.

Attire: He likes cottons and leathers. Loose fitting clothing that is easy to move around in. In combat he prefers things like chainmail that doesn't weight him down as much. In case you wanted to draw him in combat, his weapon of choice is the spear.

Notes: He doesn't like Lalafell. So feel free drawing him bullying one. xD

He doesn't hate them, he just thinks they're ridiculous creatures. He views them more as strange talking little animals than as equals. Think of him as being largely a wild beast. He relies very much on instinct.

Wiki: I'll get around to writing it eventually... Probably. ^^

Reference pictures:

Here he is staring wistfully into the distance.

Nq7oowM.png

Here he is laughing his ass off at a Lalafell wearing a reindeer costume.

5qCSldx.png

And here he is considering how easy it would be to just give this Lalafell a slight nudge and send him flying off of the bridge.

qYxXCAh.jpg

• 1 month later...

Been here a bit now. Maybe I should get around to finally doing this.

[align=center]The basics:[/align]

Name: E'rinha Tia

Race: Miqo'te, Seeker of the Sun

Skin tone: Tan

Build: Athletic and wiry; built more as a survivalist and scrapper than anything else. Life of constant roaming and running has given him a runner's physique.

Hair: Dirty blonde. Naturally slicked back away from his face. A trimmed line of facial hair forms a pointed goatee which caps his chin.

Markings: Triangle of spots at the corners of his eyes; stripes running across his cheekbones. Markings are colored a rusty red.

Eye color: Golden-yellow.

Tail type: Lion. Rawr! And long enough to curl nearto his feet when he sits.

[align=center]The details:[/align]

Expression: Often has a smarmy grin on his face.

Demeanor: Moving as often as possible; stretching, bouncing, swaying. He cannot stand still for long. Looks ready to spring at any given moment. Whether for a flight for his life or a morning jog is hard to say.

Attire: Wears loose cotton or wool, and light leather and a pair of eastern styled kote.

Reference pictures:

(more inc)

bTNM6bg.jpg

ah9qm4m.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Caleb Agron

Race: Hyur- Highlander

Height:6 Fulms 5 ilms

Weight: 253 ponz

Skin color: Medium Fair

Eye color: Light Blue

Hair color: Black

Hair Length: Short and cropped

Marks: Long scar that starts slightly below his right armpit and runs down the side to his waist.

Body Type: Muscular, Bulky

Wiki Page: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Caleb_Agron

7xsbpav.jpg

6N1PRNi.jpg

• 1 month later...

What's that? You want to draw me like one of your Elezen girls? Here's what you need to know...

SKIN TONE: Tan

BUILD: mesomorph body type, medium muscle definition

HEIGHT: 71 ilms (6' 1")

HAIR COLOUR: reddish brown

HAIR STYLE: Currently a loosely slicked-back and somewhat messy pompadour. Alternately, if they ever make Chappu's hair an option I am all over that!

MARKINGS: Tattoo on the left side of his face, fades out to blend in with his skin (henna-like in color)

EYE COLOUR: rust orange

REFERENCE IMAGES: link

EXPRESSION: Cheerful, cocky, arrogant

DEMEANOR: Often an easygoing guy but impatient and hot-headded in tedious situations. Has a big ego. "Stand back, I got this" is his mantra.

ATTIRE: Warrior AF1, casual attire consists of loose-fitting clothes and sandals or shirtless with short pants and sandals/bare feet

ADDITIONAL NOTES: Character is in early thirties, Pacific Islander facial structure (I tried to work with SE's facial options the best I could) handsome but most definitely not a sparkling bishonen. Up to you if you want to draw the tattoo or not (we'll just say its war paint) scar is a must though.

• 2 months later...

Kroemgarr Hollborgsyn

Roegadyn :: Sea Wolf :: Male 

Skin color: Light blue-green

Eye color: Grey

Haircolor: Brown

Hair Style: Short at the back, winged tri-spikes, sideburns.

Expression: Usually rigid and stoic, but capable of a smile.

Marks: [Characteristic Roegadyn markings] under his eyes. 

Body Type: Heavy, musucular

Clothing: Prefers harnesses, jackets and gathering clothes. Known to wear a replica of a certain hero's pants.

c4bfa369-8001-48d9-b7c5-905a4249b27b_zps14571ccd.png

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Chiyo Hoshi

Race: Miqo'te

Clan: Seeker

Build: Tall, Athletic

Skin: Dark/Deep tan

Eyes: Amber

Hair: Red with yellow highlights, usually spiky

Features: Scar on the bridge of her nose, tip of the tail is yellow

Artwork (Contains some yuri/Girl x Girl)

Also, I suggest you categorize everyone on the first pose base on race. Just a thought. :P The last bit are Chiyo's alternate hairstyle.

Rihxo Matoi

Race: Miqo'te

Clan: Seeker

Build: Tall, very curvy. Dexterous.

Skin: Sandy tan

Eyes: Emerald left, right is faded (blind)

Hair: Very long (falls to her tail) with messy curls, bright azure

Features: 2 scars on right eye, and on right cheekbone; scar on left side, on waist; stab scar on left shoulder

Links: 1 (Imgur album for refs) 2 (wiki)

Arata Matsuoka

Race: Au Ra

Clan: Raen

Build: Petite and obviously physically weak

Skin: Pale, pale porcelain with a slight blue tint

Eyes: Light gray with icy blue limbal rings

Hair: Cut into a bob with straight-across bangs; icy blue with periwinkle tips

Features: Lots of scales. Horns come forward. Two smaller, black horns near her temples that stick up.

Links: 1 (wiki)

Adelaide Levenson

Race: Hyur

Clan: Midlander

Build: Very tall, thin but not curvy, strong

Skin: Mocha

Eyes: Glowing magitek blue

Hair: Falls about mid-back, golden platinum blonde, straight, always very neat

Features: Beauty mark under left eye.

Links: 1 (wiki)

• 5 months later...

Verah Amariyo

Miqo'te :: A Keeper of the Moon :: Female 

Skin color: Fair, a bit pale

Eye color: Silver

Hair/Ears/Tail color: White

Hair Style: Strait, shoulder-length

Expression: Almost always grumpy

Marks: Just the standard Keeper markings

Body Type: Slender

Clothing: Usually whatever looks best and is convenient, for now it's the standard Bard outfit.

SccYkhJ.jpg

• 10 months later...